www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old Yesterday, 21:28   #29671
Isaac
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
1. Her campaign is basically Leon’s with an orphanage. I feel like they should have built a B scenario for one of them instead of repurposing every little thing for Claire.
So basically just like the original game? The B scenario was hardly innovative, it recycled plenty of puzzles and ideas. Technically there's so much they can do when both campaigns share the same locations. I'm sure Claire will have her own exclusive content.

Beside, what's your source it's the same campaign for the remake?

Quote:
3. She doesn’t have the motherly personality she had in RE2. She’s seems more like Moira.
You're basing this on one cutscene.

Quote:
5. She’s given a weird revolver that replaces her crossbow. She also starts with this weapon, instead of her normal handgun.
We don't know if we'll get or not the crossbow... In the OG game she found her gun in a police car while driving with Leon. This time I'm sure she arrives in town already geared. If anything it shows a more prepared character, so en empowerment.

I mean, don't get this the wrong way, I'm a Claire fan and I would have loved certain things to be done differently (like a colored logo on her jacket), but some of your arguments are borderline a stretch and tinfoil hat theories. We had little to no gameplay footage from Claire, hardly to make a definitive point. From the little I saw, it shows just as much love and care as Leon. The voice acting (e.g. Sherry's kidnapping) is on point. It just come down to the fact you disagree with certain choices, but that doesn't translate in an automatic lack of care from Capcom.

Ever since we've started receiving footages from the game you've jumped to conclusions and always assumed the worst about most things. Can you at least wait until the game release? The floor will be all yours in 10 days to voice all your discontentment of various things, but right now we know basically nothing about both campaigns.

Last edited by Isaac; Yesterday at 21:35.
Isaac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:46   #29672
Swiz19
Explorer

Quote:
Everything about Claire feels relatively lazy, cheap, or wrong. A list...

1. Her campaign is basically Leonís with an orphanage. I feel like they should have built a B scenario for one of them instead of repurposing every little thing for Claire.
2. You can barely see the logo on her jacket. Her recreation doesnít look as good as Leonís outfit. The colorful logo would be great.
3. She doesnít have the motherly personality she had in RE2. Sheís seems more like Moira.
4. Her classic outfit isnít as accurate as Leonís.
5. Sheís given a weird revolver that replaces her crossbow. She also starts with this weapon, instead of her normal handgun.
6. On top of that, sheís given a submachine gun, which was a universal weapon.
7. Her grenade launcher is missing an ammo type.
8. Her DLC costumes arenít as good looking as Leonís. Her Elza outfit isnít blonde like the original.
9. Ironís personality is far too forward and lacked the subtlety of the original.

I feel like theyíre didnít give as much care to Claire as they did Leon. They only real issue I see with Leonís is Annette and Adaís catfight is missing.
1. Who's to say Leon's campaign isn't the same as Claire's just without the orphanage? Seriously, the OG game were recycled parts in each campaign, so this should have been expected from the get go.
2. While I 100% agree Claire's design could have been better (especially the logo as you said), her OG outfit was ridiculous. Having a realistic looking 19 year old woman in a realistic looking setting wear an outfit that is heavily Japanese inspired would have looked ridiculous. The outfit - while iconic, certainly doesn't translate well when realism is bought into it. Again though, they could have found a happy middle ground like they did with Leon.
3. Well, we've barely seen any footage of Claire with Sherry. Not only that, the footage we have seen is right at the beginning of meeting Sherry, and the way she was trying to protect her from Irons certainly looked nurturing to me.
4. Same as 2.
5. Well there's a plethora of weapons you'll get that was leaked from the datamine. One being the crossbow from memory, so while it may not be advertised as iconic, you'll certainly have a selection of weapons that you can make iconic to you when playing the game.
6. Same as point 5.
7. Same as 5 and 6.
8. This is completely subjective as I like the outfits (minus the OG one, hopefully they have fixed that by release), but obviously your opinion is your opinion which I still enjoy reading. What I will say though is Elza's costume is a 'costume', not a change in Claire's character. She isn't suppose to be Elza, just wear the same outfit. I much prefer the brunette imo.
9. This I'll agree with you on, but again we've only seen a small section of the game. Obviously they went for a more aggressive approach just so he could kidnap Sherry and bring the orphanage into the story. But he may have that subtle creepiness about him in Leon's campaign? We'll find out in 8 days.

I am going to have to say that most people who think that Claire hasn't been given as much effort as Leon is simply put down to the fact that Leon footage and trailers have taken high priority, and Claire's representation has been limited. It's natural to feel like she's been put on the back burner, however Capcom aren't morons. Claire is an integral part of RE2, so when the game actually comes out and you play it, they'll probably feel equal. They even said that Claire's campaign is a lot harder and is set more in the streets of the city, so it's clear why they are keeping her more of a secret.

Side-note: I do like the waviness of Claire's hair, it certainly represents what most women would look like after going in the rain then naturally drying. The animations certainly could be better, however those things are fine tuned in the last few months and it's been a while since we've seen any Claire footage.
Swiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:13   #29673
matrix54
Tomb Raider

It’s not an issue of innovation, but story telling. Give one character the A scenario from the original, and give the B scenario to the other. It’s not a concept that was it of the realm of possibility. It’s just easier to give both of them their A scenarios because they’ll share content.

I don’t mind puzzles being shared but done in reverse - the gripe is the story telling aspect. It’ll be more like RE1 than a campaign from RE2. I can live with it, but we all know playing two different stories, without overlap would be best. Claire A and Leon B aren’t played the same at all, despite sharing locations and puzzles.

I could be wrong about Claire’s personality (from the rest of the game), but she lacks an apparent warmth that Claire is known for, that’s been displayed over quite a pit of footage. The same happened in Revelations 2. I’ve been seeing a lot for the game (cutscenes, audio clips, SFC, etc.) and she seems a lot like Moira from Revelations 2, but calmer.

Irons has nothing to do with Leon’s campaign. He never has. All of Iron’s subtlety was even displayed subtlely in files. Now, he’s outright calling women pigs.

Also, the weapon list from the demo leaked:
Knife
Unbreakable Knife
Hand Grenade
Flash Grenade
Leon’s Handgun + Upgrades
Claire’s Handgun + Upgrades
Ada’s Handgun
Hunk’s Handgun
M1911 (Unlockable?)
Revolver + Upgrades
Colt S.A.A. (Unlockable?)
Shotgun + Upgrade
Magnum + Upgrades
Submachine Gun + Upgrades
Hunk’s MP5
Gatling Gun
Grenade Launcher + Upgrade (Acid & Incendiary Rounds)
Flamethrower + Upgrade
Sparkshot + Upgrades
Rocket Launcher
Infinite Rocket Launcher

I don’t know where people are getting “more of the city” from. Nothing indicate that beyond a “leak” that was proven wrong. The leak also said she’d get a shotgun, but that’s not true.

Last edited by matrix54; Today at 13:24.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:22   #29674
LaraCroftSotTR
Explorer

Location: Adventure is my home (Croft Manor at quieter times)

Moira had a "piss-of" attitude sure - but I found her very enjoyable. ^^ She remembered me of Nier's Kainť - and such characters are rather rare. I however still need to finish the game. (I'm replaying Revelations 1 atm - moving to Rev2 next.) ^^
LaraCroftSotTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 13:26   #29675
matrix54
Tomb Raider

I liked Moira for who she was. She had a unique presence in the universe that I appreciated.
Old Today, 15:55   #29676
robm_2007
Legend

No crossbow?!
Old Today, 16:07   #29677
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

^ Yup. Not too surprised though.