Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics, Books and Novels

Old 17-01-19, 01:11   #1501
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
I never finished the Inferno comics. Are they any good? The last I read was when Lara was captured and the assassin that worked for Ana explained some **** to Lara.
If you ask me, they are really great, and that is the comic book fan in me talking, not the tomb raider fan. The last issue does have some problems, and many here didn't like it (personally I did, even if flawed). But issues 2 and 3 are something very special (I guess by your discretion you read issue 2, but trust me, number 3 is one of the best single issues for me).
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 04:13   #1502
EliParker

If anyone here is a great artist, we as a community can make a fan comic. That takes place after Inferno, and leads directly to the start of Shadow.
EliParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 14:37   #1503
Amunet

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
I never finished the Inferno comics. Are they any good? The last I read was when Lara was captured and the assassin that worked for Ana explained some **** to Lara.
If you've enjoyed the comics until now, then you'll likely enjoy Inferno as well.

Personally, I've found the comics in general pretty meh, and Inferno ended up disappointing me because of how much hype had been built prior to release. The last issue was particularly disappointing because it felt rushed and some character work that had been made ended up being undone.

But then again, I'm not particularly invested in Reboot!Lara so I guess I would never really get invested in these comics.

So, since this is the last arc, and you only have like two issues left, I would still give it a go.

Amunet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 17:51   #1504
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliParker View Post
If anyone here is a great artist, we as a community can make a fan comic. That takes place after Inferno, and leads directly to the start of Shadow.
I don't know if there is much story to tell between them. At the end of Inferno Lara and Jonah decide to go after and dismantle Trinity bases around the world, which is what they are doing when SotTR starts. The game also makes somehow clear spoilers for Inferno and SotTR Dominguez is The Cardinal, since he was the one who ordered Richard's death., so that plotpoint is also resolved.

I wouldn't mind working on a continuation of Alicia's movies though, if those don't happen (still hoping for it though)
Old 17-01-19, 19:11   #1505
EliParker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
I don't know if there is much story to tell between them. At the end of Inferno Lara and Jonah decide to go after and dismantle Trinity bases around the world, which is what they are doing when SotTR starts. The game also makes somehow clear spoilers for Inferno and SotTR Dominguez is The Cardinal, since he was the one who ordered Richard's death., so that plotpoint is also resolved.

I wouldn't mind working on a continuation of Alicia's movies though, if those don't happen (still hoping for it though)
There is one more story to be told, the event that happened 6 weeks before the intro. That should be the event in Brazil.

Maybe WB could let DC make a comic book sequel to Alicia's Tomb Raider.
Old 17-01-19, 19:23   #1506
TrustyBow

Quote:
Maybe WB could let DC make a comic book sequel to Alicia's Tomb Raider.
I'd rather them put their efforts towards a post-Shadow story line, but I'd take both if that was an option.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 19:37   #1507
EliParker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
I'd rather them put their efforts towards a post-Shadow story line, but I'd take both if that was an option.
Darkhorse holds the comic book license for the games. WB holds the license for the film, and it could be they can make a comic book following the events of the film.
Old 17-01-19, 19:58   #1508
TrustyBow

Quote:
Darkhorse holds the comic book license for the games. WB holds the license for the film, and it could be they can make a comic book following the events of the film.
I'd definitely be down for that. Either an ongoing series or a standalone graphic novel.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 20:01   #1509
EliParker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
I'd definitely be down for that. Either an ongoing series or a standalone graphic novel.
I would like to see a series of standalone graphic novels in the vein of DC's Earth One series.
Old 17-01-19, 20:27   #1510
Portugalraider

Yes, if done, the Graphic Novel route would also be my way to go. Single issues would perhaps make the adventure feel small, though it could work as well.