Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 17-01-19, 16:54   #661
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Carnby View Post
I missed yesterday react but I will explain what I mean.
This provokes man I mean that Lara communicates with the reader, with us! The way she dresses to bikini and more in front of us. She always has to explain her hot clothes for some reason, maybe she was captured, etc.
That's why I wrote she's like Catwoman, she's sexy and dangerous, she's badass.
The thing is, Classic Lara owned her feminity. She didn't pander it arround to reach her goals (the ones who actually did it was the marketing team, not Lara "herself"), which is why I found your claim a bit weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Yeah but that's different from Catwoman. With Catwoman, it's part of her whole schtick. I mean Selina Kyle is a former prostitute. As a user pointed out here yesterday, Lara did it once, and it was extremely out of character.
Exactly. I found it so out of character, which is why questioned it in the first place
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 17:48   #662
Ellioft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Exactly. I found it so out of character, which is why questioned it in the first place
What kind of situation ?
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 17:50   #663
Ian666

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Holy ****. I just saw the outfit announcement in a facebook post and the backlash is real omg. The third most reacted feeling is the 'Grr' one, and pretty much 90% of comments are people complaining of the tribal outfits.

I really did not expect such a global dislike for the outfits, even if the majority of TRF has already complained about it.

EM really need to stop being stubborn and stop with the these outfits. It's pretty clear people don't want them and there is no way they aren't already aware of that.

God forbid people cosplay as the characters they want. The aberration!
They can cosplay who they want to, did I say they couldn't? No I ****ing didn't, I said I found it odd.
Ian666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 18:14   #664
Vaskito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
What kind of situation ?
Lara using "sexy clothes" on purpose to provoke men
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 18:39   #665
Ellioft

Quote:
Ah I don't remember this ^^'
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 18:43   #666
EliParker

Quote:
The only time I can sorta see your point is during the Japan level in Legend...even then she was wearing an outfit fit for the party. IIRC her "sexy clothes" were never used in game, it was an option for players to use at their will.
EliParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 18:48   #667
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
Ah yes, because Lara was a pretty woman and wore shorts she was a disgusting slut. Thank god she covers herself from head to toe and wears nothing but tactical gear and animal skins, she’s much more respectable now!

The internalized misogyny is strong with you bunch.
So true. It's crazy that people have such a issue with a woman being "sexy".

Bring back this please....

Last edited by Legends; 17-01-19 at 18:49.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 18:55   #668
Isaac

I don't think people have an issue with a character being sexy, but it's more the fact that people mostly abused her image and transformed her into a sex fantasy/sex doll on numerous occasions thanks to the marketing team's encouragement. It's even worse when you consider resources were spent on Underworld's DLC to create a bikini outfit pack. Do I need to remind people tools were created to enlarge Lara's breast by fans? Don't you all remember "Remarkable new Title this"?

It's one thing to be sexy, it's an other to use the female body as a selling point.

Right now Square is trying to make Lara attractive without requiring to reduce the amount of clothing or enlarging body parts. I'm again not arguing that Underworld's default outfit is of bad taste (quite the opposite), but they're focusing on taming down the audience's hormones first before slowly going back to more iconic outfit I guess?

Last edited by Isaac; 17-01-19 at 19:01.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 19:01   #669
EliParker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Yeah but that's different from Catwoman. With Catwoman, it's part of her whole schtick. I mean Selina Kyle is a former prostitute. As a user pointed out here yesterday, Lara did it once, and it was extremely out of character.
That BS with Catwoman being a prostitute because of Miller's Batman: Year One got retroactively changed years ago.
EliParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 19:02   #670
charmedangelin

And what right do they have to judge people and destory the character just because some people are attracted to her? It's ridiculous.

Not an excuse at all, like I said before if CD didn't like Lara Croft as she was they should have just ended the franchise or handed it over to someone else to develop.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote