Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Arts and Entertainment

Old 17-01-19, 15:55   #321
sackboy123

Charmed returns Monday. Who's Hyped
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 17:58   #322
Zelda master

I haven't caught up with the latest series yet. I should get around to it, but I've been watching a ton of X-Files recently and that has my priority
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 18:03   #323
Tombraider95

Me! Wohooo

I'm glad they're doing episode titles with a play on words like the original did. "Keep calm and Harry on", "Witch perfect" etc...
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 18:15   #324
Rai

I'm still waiting for it to come to the UK *bored waiting*
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-19, 18:49   #325
Tombraider95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I'm still waiting for it to come to the UK *bored waiting*
It started on E4 last Tuesday. The second episode was on this Tuesday just gone lol You better catch up!
Old 17-01-19, 19:10   #326
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
It started on E4 last Tuesday. The second episode was on this Tuesday just gone lol You better catch up!
Oh really? Thanks for the heads up! I guess I didn't notice due to the app on Kindle not working too well. Yes, I'm now on catch up before they take the episodes down or something .

Last edited by Rai; 17-01-19 at 19:11.
Old 17-01-19, 19:13   #327
Tombraider95

Quote:
Oh really? Thanks for the heads up! I guess I didn't notice due to the app on Kindle not working too well. Yes, I'm now on catch up before they take the episodes down or something .
wohoo. Try not to judge it too much on the first episode, episode 2 is sooo much better. Enjoy!
Old 18-01-19, 00:54   #328
Rai

So I will watch the second episode, but only because I believe in second chances and I'm willing to take your word for it that the 2nd ep. is better, TombRaider95.

I'm not going to be too worried about season 1 spoilers at this point as I assume I'm behind everyone else .

But my gosh the first episode was. cringe. worthy. Like a lot of modern shows this seems to have a feminist slant to it, so please tell me why the girls had their Whitelighter tie them to chairs in order to tell them they're witches and to hand the BoS to them? Yesh, it's a reboot yada yada, but I prefer the original for it's portrayal of how the sisters found out they were witches. Also, I don't like the change from Leo's literal white/blue lights way of appearing to whatever that was that Harry does. The acting was abysmal too. I'm willing to give it a chance. Let's face it pilots aren't always the best indicator of whether a show will be good or not. Plus the show runners have clearly been inspired by Game of Thrones...that demon was an Other/White if ever I saw one .
Old 18-01-19, 08:10   #329
Tombraider95

Quote:
so please tell me why the girls had their Whitelighter tie them to chairs in order to tell them they're witches and to hand the BoS to them?.
I thought this was obvious. Harry knew their powers had just been activated but didn't know what exact powers. He tied their hands so they wouldn't either:

A. Run away
B. Attack him
C. Use their powers on him (which Macy does anyway and Mel tries to)

This way he has enough time to explain what is going on. Plus he removes the ropes not long after they wake up. Mel already didn't like him so I don't blame this method to get them to listen.

I always thought in the OG it was just really really lucky that Phoebe read out loud of the first page of the BOS. She could have easily seen it and left it alone. If she hadn't of read it out loud nothing would have happened. I don't really see point in following the exact same setup as the original especially when they had to cram so much into this first episode. I do think this pilot should have been an hour to iron out some of the pacing.

I agree with the GOT style demon at the end. I much prefer the original design, I'm not sure why they changed it. A mistake imo.

Episode 2 is all you need, if you still don't like the show after watching this episode then there's definitely no point in continuing. It definitely feels more like a Charmed episode for me.
Old 18-01-19, 21:46   #330
sackboy123

I started to appreciate it more after the 4th episode honestly so I'm glad I stuck around for that but yeah. The last episode of the Mid-Season Finale was the best part and made me appreciate just as much as the original. So fee; free to give it as much chances as you can and if it keeps getting worse after each episode then fair enough
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote