Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider The Angel of Darkness

Old 05-04-19, 18:37   #1
Samz

Default Here's I think when it was Karel.

Kurtis: I'm not sure if Karel was ever Kurtis, those examples could all have very well been Kurtis himself mostly BUT when Lara jumps out of the Pawnshop that could have possibly been Karel since Kurtis drives off in an optional cutscene before that. (Though its also possible he only drove to the other side of the river, possibly to stakeout Le Serpent Rogue.)

Its entirely possible Karel only assumed Kurtis form to freak out Lara and never did it before.

Luddick: Either never or the second encounter,

Luddick is way too timid and kinda unhelpful to Lara for his first encounter so probably not Karel since Luddick will stop wanting to further help Lara if she's hostile to him.

So I think it is possible Luddick tries that passcode himself first but gets caught, possibly losing the Scorpion-X to his captors that Karel sells back to Lara (possibly not-outright giving it to stay in-character or just gameplay mechanic/story dissonance, maybe assuming Lara would be suspicious if he just gave her the gun.)

While maybe if you antagonise him to the point where he doesn't sell the gun to you, Luddick out-right tries to infiltrate the Strahov himself after mustering up the will to do so but loses the gun and gets caught or we could assume some sort of schrodinger's cat is in effect and the gun on the bed is his if we piss him off while if we don't its possibly a spare gun left by a Strahov guard (We do never see what their side-arm is if they have one) or Gunderson.

Or Luddick just had two, sold one to Lara then maybe one of the Cabal ambushed him after dropping off Lara. (Possibly Karel, with him, maybe even disguised as a Strahov Guard, pretending he found Luddick in the Strahov and handed him to Gunderson to tie up a loose end without incriminating himself as going against Eckhardt)

Regardless, Karel WOULD know the passcode to the Strahov.

Bouchard's Doorman: Possibly never or only after we take the box (hence why we can bribe him to let us in), possibly always if we're following the beta design where Lara could bribe him the whole time bypassing Le Serpent Rogue.

Bouchard: Possibly their first encounter, Its possible Bouchard knows Karel is a shapeshifter or thinks Eckhardt (since Karel was pretending to be him for at least Von Croy's Apartment and maybe even the pawnshop level.) is a shapeshifter and Karel merely told him about him and Lara's interaction.

The Real Eckhardt then tells Bouchard to kill Lara after the Louvre maybe (With maybe Bouchard having a conscience and only managing to bring himself to give the order to kill her, indirectly, after she left for the apartment, or Bouchard was freaking out internally the whole time and assumed they wanted Lara dead but only decided on it after the Limo ride.

Regardless Karel is DEFINITELY the reason Lara's unconscious form was not taken away (or maybe even hidden from Gunderson and his men.)

According to beta design documents (and likely events) Karel was Bouchard in the crime scene and just shapeshifted out of those cuffs after dispatching Bouchard and hiding his body in the closet before Lara showed up.

Last edited by Samz; 05-04-19 at 19:55.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-19, 14:29   #2
Ruu11

That's interesting I guess

What if Carvier was also Karel? What if Lara really died in Egypt and we never played as her, but as Karel? lmao

Jokes appart, AoD's still a mystery..........
Ruu11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-19, 14:59   #3
HarleyCroft

^Lol, Ruu

Interesting thoughts on Kurtis only being Karel outside the pawnshop.. unless I'm mistaken it's the only time he's seen smoking and the psuedo-glamourization (close up lighting of it, the flick and slow motion toss) of it seemed a bit out of place. I genuinely thought it was a clue that indicated something that would come up again (2003 seems a bit late to have a scene of a character smoking just to show how cool he is )

Bouchard's doorman was the one person we do know was Karel in disguise, at least outside the Louvre. I heard a theory that he wasn't even a real person but Karel the whole time, seems like a lot of his time would be wasted hanging about the Ghetto as a low-rung scumbag though
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-19, 07:22   #4
ThatSassyKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
What if Lara really died in Egypt and we never played as her, but as Karel?
ThatSassyKid is offline   Reply With Quote