Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 12-05-21, 17:38   #1531
medioka_music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post

I've seen that bug used on TR2 speedruns, on Venice they make a huge skip by sinking under the double doors at the end.
Maybe i should alter that ceiling in the future if i make a revision.
Indeed can also happen at the end of Offshore Rig if you manage to make the jump across the last pool. Might be an idea but it's not a massive issue. Gave me a chuckle when it happened
medioka_music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 20:00   #1532
Raymi6

Hi there !
I'm having a strange thing happening with the music of the game, I turn it down in the menu but everytime a new music triggers or by loading a save it seems to play at a way too high volume
I have to go into the menu and back ingame to change it
Raymi6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-21, 20:42   #1533
Topixtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymi6 View Post
Hi there !
I'm having a strange thing happening with the music of the game, I turn it down in the menu but everytime a new music triggers or by loading a save it seems to play at a way too high volume
I have to go into the menu and back ingame to change it
Unfortunately this isn't fixable on some machines - at least I don't think it is; I usually leave it to 10 and I instead lower the volume by a lot from the windows volume mixer, before raising the sfx volume (since that one works) until I find a balance. This probably has to be done for every new TR2 level but if you remember what was your balance it's pretty fast to do
Topixtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 00:25   #1534
Danath

Unhappy

Yes, unfortunately there's that flaw with the music system i used. Everytime a new music triggers volume goes back to 10. Sorry about that.

It IS fixable, but only by using a different audio method ( cdaudio.dat ).

But with cdaudio.dat i don't know how to change music tracks. I needed to have custom tracks for the game so i went with a different method ( winmm.dll ) that uses mp3 files.
If someone knows how to use custom tracks with the cdaudio.dat solution i could try doing that and update the game.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-21, 07:12   #1535
piano_raider

Hello Danath First of all: Big congratulations for your release of this awesome levelset! Im playing it right now - I´m in level 2 and loving it so far!
In my last ORC I used this audio-method you are talking about. You have to cut all audiofiles together to one large cdaudio.mp3. The cdaudio.dat shows: The number of the audiotrack, the starting-timestamp and the ending-timestamp of the audioclips (in milliseconds or something...). I could try to put it together for you
Many greetings

- done I send you a pm with the link to the audio folder.
I think you can delete now: dec130, edec, ffplay, fmodex, msvcp90, msvcr90, winmm, winplay, winsdec, winstr. At least it works for me without those files. And somebody should test the game - when I put one wrong number into the cdaudio.dat, the sound will be wrong. So this is a reason to play the game again Savegames still work!

Last edited by piano_raider; 13-05-21 at 09:02. Reason: progress
piano_raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-21, 08:59   #1536
Jami393

Danath I'm up to the part
where you see the submarine in the third level and wondering if I've missed the harpoon gun.
Any hints on where it could be please?
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-21, 11:17   #1537
Topixtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
Danath I'm up to the part
where you see the submarine in the third level and wondering if I've missed the harpoon gun.
Any hints on where it could be please?
You should have it automatically at the start of level 3... I hope you just didn't notice, otherwise it would be an almost gamebreaking bug!

@Danath: I forgot about it, but I always wanted to tell you to add a little note in the readme about that... damn
Topixtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-21, 13:47   #1538
Jami393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topixtor View Post
You should have it automatically at the start of level 3... I hope you just didn't notice, otherwise it would be an almost gamebreaking bug!
Wow, I never noticed it. Thank you!
Jami393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-21, 14:55   #1539
Masked Goon

I just want to say that the game is absolutely incredible, Danath. You've done such an amazing job! I just reached the Siberian Mountains and I'm blown away by everything thus far. I would've paid money for this. It feels like a proper expansion pack.
Masked Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-21, 18:56   #1540
Danath

Arrow I think i'm done

Well, apparently now i design my levels in order to cause migraines to people. So don't worry, i'm probably not going to bother making anything else.
I have to think of your safety! The self-appointed TRLE Gods won't allow it, it seems.
( No, this is not a joke. I wish it was )

Quote:
Originally Posted by piano_raider View Post
Hello Danath First of all: Big congratulations for your release of this awesome levelset! Im playing it right now - I´m in level 2 and loving it so far!
In my last ORC I used this audio-method you are talking about. You have to cut all audiofiles together to one large cdaudio.mp3. The cdaudio.dat shows: The number of the audiotrack, the starting-timestamp and the ending-timestamp of the audioclips (in milliseconds or something...). I could try to put it together for you
Many greetings

- done I send you a pm with the link to the audio folder.
I think you can delete now: dec130, edec, ffplay, fmodex, msvcp90, msvcr90, winmm, winplay, winsdec, winstr. At least it works for me without those files. And somebody should test the game - when I put one wrong number into the cdaudio.dat, the sound will be wrong. So this is a reason to play the game again Savegames still work!
Oh, thank you very much for helping with this! :O
Right now i'm very tired, so i'm not up to playtesting this again. It will need some days before i'm able to test this music solution, but i will try it. Need to be 100% sure it works before doing something drastic with the files.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jami393 View Post
Danath I'm up to the part [...] and wondering if I've missed the harpoon gun. Any hints on where it could be please?
Sorry, i forgot to write about that in the readme.
It's automatically given to you when starting level 3. It was easier for me to ensure players always have it, and it was done so before TR2Main allowed me to have more objects on the levels.
I don't think it can fail, since it's made via the game script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked Goon View Post
I just want to say that the game is absolutely incredible, Danath. You've done such an amazing job! I just reached the Siberian Mountains and I'm blown away by everything thus far. I would've paid money for this. It feels like a proper expansion pack.
Well, damn. XD Thank you very much, i'm glad you like it this much.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote