www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 25-11-19, 15:08   #1841
Nerdy
Historian

What about non backers? I ordered deluxe tin cds one year ago. It says: processing.

I didnt receive it yet? Just checking

And wait what, a concert in England again. Yaaaay!

Last edited by Nerdy; 25-11-19 at 15:10.
Nerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 17:30   #1842
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

Still havent received my tin yet either.
Old 01-12-19, 17:56   #1843
Zebra
Legend

Me neither. I think the signing is probably taking a while.
Old 01-12-19, 17:58   #1844
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

I'll be very relieved when its here... Just that the whole thing is over and I don't have to keep thinking if I should have something coming .
Old 01-12-19, 18:25   #1845
Trenton
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
I'll be very relieved when its here... Just that the whole thing is over and I don't have to keep thinking if I should have something coming .
Same here. Haven't recieved my tin yet, and will be very relieved once it finally arrives. I'm sure signing them and sending them out takes time and all, but crossing fingers we'll recieve it before christmas.

I've even managed to stay 'spoiler free' by not listening to the digital download files so when I finally recieve the CD it will be the first time I listen to the TR suite.
Old 01-12-19, 18:36   #1846
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

I wish I had that kind of patience .
Old 13-12-19, 18:51   #1847
Brendanlovesu1
Archaeologist

ingle Bells, Jingle Bells
Deluxe Tins on their way!
Oh what fun it is to hear
Tomb Raider Suite today, OH!...

[Sorry, I couldn’t resist it!]

Dear Backers,

DELUXE TIN CDs

And so finally, we are on our way. At the very last fence we encountered more problems than you could make up, but it does make a great story. Definitely one for the grandkids!

So are you all sitting comfortably? Then I’ll begin...

It was a cold and stormy night, and the wind was blowing a gale, and I had just finished signing the last of the 931 Deluxe Tin CDs. The next job was to choose the packaging. I found what looked like a sturdy CD envelope on the internet and ordered a test bundle of 25. A few days later they arrived and I packaged one of the CDs and sent it off to our UK office to test how it would stand up to the journey across Europe. Unfortunately it got stuck at Heathrow airport for 8 days. By the time it arrived with David at our UK office, it was completely broken. One whole corner had been torn away and the entire tin casing had been bent beyond repair. So it was back to the drawing board.

My next choice proved to be much better. A C-DVD Bukwrap, which felt really strong when wrapped around the Tin. I sent 2 tests this time, again through to our UK office, one with bubble wrap and one without. Both arrive within 5 days, and in perfect condition. So we had our solution.

Next was to confirm with the Czech Postal Service about package size and cost for posting locally, to Europe and the Rest of the World. I also needed to register our company with the postal service in order for them to receive our large consignment of over 1300 packages (Retail albums included). The only person available to set this up for us was ill and would not be back at work for another 7 days! So we waited.

In the meantime, I purchased a thermal label printer (Inkjet is no good for labels as the ink will run if the labels get wet), and started looking around for a printing company to print off the 1300 colour thank you letters. I was rather shocked to discover our first quote, which came in at £510! After discussing various paper options and a slower deliver option of 7 days, I managed to get a quote for only twice the price of a laser printer! It was a no-brainer – I bought a laser printer!

Eventually the Czech Post Office came back to me and confirmed that my package choice suited their size limitations for my desired tariff, so we now had the cost of posting 1300 packages within our budget. I jumped back to the internet to order a pallet load of C-DVD Buwraps only to discover that the supplier had run out of stock and would not have more stock until January!

Searching through their site some more, I found another option, I checked the dimensions against our limitations from the post office and all was good. I rushed to the checkout to order a pallet load but they only had 300 left in stock – no more until January! Aaargh! Back to searching, I found a third option, dimensions were good, and at the checkout, my prayers were answered, a pallet load was available. So I pressed the button on a thousand packages (having already placed the order on the previous 300). So packaging was finally sorted!

The person from the Czech Postal Service finally returned to work and we set up a meeting to discuss the whole process of printing 1300 labels and packing and delivering the parcels to the post office. Forms had to be filled in and all the boxes ticked – it’s not so simple being a UK registered company, trying to enter into a business contract with a Czech company. All sorts of extra checks have to be done for a ‘foreign’ company. So off the man went with all the information he needed, and we waited some more.

A few days later, he came back again to train me up on their labelling software and was supposed to be bringing me the business contract to sign, but on that very day, their contract generating software broke and so we had no contract number to add to our labels (which is a requirement to send this kind of large consignment through the Czech Postal Service). So we made use of our meeting by training me up on the software and making sure my Thermal Printer was behaving itself properly. He was at my house until 10:00 pm when we finally had everything ready. He bid me farewell and left, walking into the snowy night, promising the contract number would be delivered to me the next day – and that’s today!

By now, my Laser Printer had arrived, so I set about getting everything connected up to my WiFi and installing the software to get it up and running. This should have been simple enough, but no, the installation disc failed to be recognised by my laptop, absolutely nothing. So back to the internet I went on a hunt for the printer drivers. To cut a very long and frustrating story a bit shorter. I gave up at 01:00 am this morning having failed to get even the test page printed.

This morning, I awoke with renewed energy and got straight onto the phone to the printer manufacturer’s support line. Turns out, I had been using a set of drivers (recommended by their website) which were not as stable as another set which the support line recommended. After an hour or two installing, uninstalling, re-installing, fiddling with IP addresses, Printer Ports etc .etc. I finally got my first test page printed at 10:00 am this morning. I printed out the first thank you letter and it was perfect. We could now start packing!

I printed out the first 100 letters, got my previously signed CDs, grabbed a hundred Bukwraps and sent my stopwatch going. The first box containing 16 CDs I managed to have all packaged up in 15 minutes. A quick calculation told me I had 20 hours ahead of me to get 1300 packages ready.

So off to work I went.

I took a break just now to write this Christmas story and was interrupted by a phone call from Mr Postman! He had my contract number and will be emailing it to me in the next 15 minutes. So now I have everything I need to finally send you your Deluxe Tin CDs – and hopefully if we get them all packed this weekend – you will be receiving them just in time for Christmas...

...and they all lived happily ever after!

---------- GENERAL INFORMATION ----------
JEWEL CASE CDs
Just 15 orders left unfulfilled now.

VINYL
12 orders left on the Vinyls.

PAPER ITEMS
9 left to go now.

LIVE CONCERTS

Contracts for our next live show in Paris have now been signed. We are just waiting for the Ticket Master to go live and then we will be able to announce the date and share our excitement with you. I can’t wait! So standby for the big news, it’s going to be great!

INTERVIEWS

In case you missed it, my latest interview with Ray McClelland from Guitar Guitar is now live. Ray asked some great questions which enabled me to share new insights into how I wrote the Tomb Raider music and the music for the Tomb Raider Suite. So here’s another bed-time story for the cold winter nights ahead.

Interview with Guitar Guitar

And so, once again, my sincerest thanks for your patience and understanding. I wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.

Nathan.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2710001
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-19, 05:35   #1848
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

Backed in June 2017

Receives tin (most likely) January 2020

Happy they're finally sent out, I'll just be happy to get it .
Old 14-12-19, 19:24   #1849
Teeth
Archaeologist

Has there been any word on the remastered original OSTs?
Teeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-19, 19:29   #1850
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Nothing in the newsletters. TBH I'm not expecting them at this point.