www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 30-12-22, 19:30   #4201
jajay119
Tomb Raider

It's probably just not set in 2023. It is a time travel show, after all..
Old 13-01-23, 13:36   #4202
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

https://twitter.com/bbcdoctorwho/sta...479415808?s=20

This strong emphasis on Kate Lethbridge-Stewart and UNIT lately makes me think that this is (one of ?) the spin-off they are cooking for.
Old 13-01-23, 14:18   #4203
jajay119
Tomb Raider

I wouldn't be against it; but I ask myself if it's more about re-establishing them given Chibnall got rid of them in his first series - to the point where they'd literally been disbanded, then randomly brought them back in the special with no explanation. More typical Chibnall writing.
Old 13-01-23, 17:38   #4204
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

I just don't want them to do what Marvel has done with too much content at lower quality. DW, TW & SJA was the perfect amount and blend. I need Torchwood and Gwen to come back.
Old 13-01-23, 21:10   #4205
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
I wouldn't be against it; but I ask myself if it's more about re-establishing them given Chibnall got rid of them in his first series - to the point where they'd literally been disbanded, then randomly brought them back in the special with no explanation. More typical Chibnall writing.
I'll admit, the joke that it was disbanded had me laughing. But everything else afterwards was like... What?
Old 30-01-23, 13:10   #4206
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...elevision.html

Quote:
Doctor Who maestro Russell T Davies hits out at 'rubbish' modern woke scriptwriters who are obsessed with diversity rather than loving television
Quote:
‘I do a lot of mentoring, and there are voices wanting to be heard – of any gender or ethnicity – who consider themselves invisible,’ he said. ‘They hate the media that ignores them, and they’re trapped into wanting a job in that medium purely to increase representation.’

‘I read their scripts and they’re rubbish. They don’t actually love television, so they don’t know how to write for it.’
That's exactly what a lot of fans/viewers have been saying for ages but it's labeled as homophobic, sexist, racist, transphobic etc....and it's clearly still happening in shows today (Velma). I'm glad he's said this.
Old 01-02-23, 18:02   #4207
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...elevision.html

That's exactly what a lot of fans/viewers have been saying for ages but it's labeled as homophobic, sexist, racist, transphobic etc....and it's clearly still happening in shows today (Velma). I'm glad he's said this.
What a lovely indirect description of most of the Chibnall era. Given Chibnall said his own season 1 finale was a first draft because he spent so much time helping other people, it feels like a lot of scripts which should have been rejected weren't.