www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 20-01-22, 16:52   #1
Lycanthropus R
Hobbyist

Default Unfinished Business Installation Help

Can somebody offer me assistance on how to get this running on my Windows 10 Laptop please?

I managed to install the game a while ago (I believe via this) but I've tried to play it recently and it crashes on a semi-regular basis whenever I open the inventory menu.

I have the game on disc but all of the most up to date patches are for the Steam/GOG versions which I don't have. I have tried installing it utilising the "Tomb Raider Retail Fix" from here but now the music doesn't play on the menu screen.

Would I just be better off buying the GOG version and save myself a lot of hassle or is there a way to get this disc version working 100% correctly?
Lycanthropus R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-22, 18:04   #2
gidierre
Grease Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanthropus R View Post
I managed to install the game a while ago (I believe via this) but I've tried to play it recently and it crashes on a semi-regular basis whenever I open the inventory menu.
I have this & Windows 10 and TRUB doesn't crash on a regular nor a semiregular basis opening the inventory.

I suggest you uninstall it completely, then reinstall to its default (latest version please) and if you want get back and report what happens.
Old 20-01-22, 20:57   #3
Lycanthropus R
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidierre View Post
I have this & Windows 10 and TRUB doesn't crash on a regular nor a semiregular basis opening the inventory.

I suggest you uninstall it completely, then reinstall to its default (latest version please) and if you want get back and report what happens.
Thanks for the offer.

I picked up the GOG versions of 1,2 and 3 as they were on sale for 1.39 which is nothing. Downloaded the patch and it seems to work fine. It annoyingly doesn't have the Unfinished Business menu screen though. 😒
Lycanthropus R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-22, 00:30   #4
nickp364
Explorer

Quote:
Thanks for the offer.

I picked up the GOG versions of 1,2 and 3 as they were on sale for 1.39 which is nothing. Downloaded the patch and it seems to work fine. It annoyingly doesn't have the Unfinished Business menu screen though. 😒
Shameless plug for Tomb1Main. Supports the unfinished business background screen too.
nickp364 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-01-22, 07:42   #5
gidierre
Grease Monkey

Quote:
Thanks for the offer.
I picked up the GOG versions ...
It annoyingly doesn't have the Unfinished Business menu screen though
You're welcome.

You can always try out the installer again, it will surely work menu screen included, as long as you pick a destination folder that's different than Gog's,
I'd leave \tombraider default to be safe and there will be no conflicts

when setting it up, you'll have the choice between Glide patch as gfx system default or else nGlide as ditto,
you leave the Glide patch as scripted
nGlide as you probably know you can still install later to see if you like it better simply running nGlide setup exe to be found among installation paraphernalia in tombraider folder.

Last edited by gidierre; 21-01-22 at 08:54.
gidierre is online now   Reply With Quote