www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 23-06-22, 09:09   #16461
Celephais
Archaeologist

Tomb of Tihocan? (Pierre is quite sneaky if I remember in this, and Lara kills him again in TR 5....but it's the last time he gets killed in the trilogy!)

Last edited by Celephais; 23-06-22 at 09:11.
Celephais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-22, 11:23   #16462
.snake.
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celephais View Post
Tomb of Tihocan? (Pierre is quite sneaky if I remember in this, and Lara kills him again in TR 5....but it's the last time he gets killed in the trilogy!)
Not Tomb of Tihocan. Try to maybe not get so stuck on the idea that all hints relate to the same thing?

New hint:

- This is the first time that I'm encountering you.
- This is the last time I will kill you within the trilogy.
- You coming at me from a distance is scary, but I have enough time to deal with you.
- You sure make a lot of noise... perhaps the second loudest enemy in the trilogy?
.snake. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-22, 11:24   #16463
fallenangle
Archaeologist

The abominable giant yeti monster thing from TR2 (Ice Palace)?

First and only time, he makes a loud stomping and growling noise even before he appears from his 'cave' and you have to start dealing with him. You have enough time to get to a place of safety from where he can be shot with comparatively little danger.

But I'm not confident as it could also apply to the TR2 Bartoli dragon (Dragon's Lair) and the Willard spider thing in TR3 (Meteorite Cavern)

Last edited by fallenangle; 24-06-22 at 11:28.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-22, 15:32   #16464
.snake.
Professor

I guess the noisy enemy aspect is pretty subjective. I just realizing the trilogy has quite a few loud guys... but no, it's not the Ice Palace bird monster, or Ice Palace as the level. Time for a new hint:

- You coming at me from a distance is scary, but I have enough time to deal with you.
- You sure make a lot of noise... perhaps one of the loudest enemies in the trilogy?
- This is the first time I'm encountering you on land rather than in water.

Incorrect guesses so far:
Ice Palace
Tomb of Tihocan
Floating Islands
Old 24-06-22, 17:49   #16465
Celephais
Archaeologist

Lost Valley?

Its the first time encountering dinosaurs
It's the last time I think you kill wolves
The Tyrannosaurus Rex appearing out of the mist and charging towards you is one of the most iconic moments of the series,
T Rex's are loud

And dinosaurs are reptiles, and you meet crocodiles (also reptiles) later on in TR 3, in water.
Old 25-06-22, 05:27   #16466
.snake.
Professor

Not Lost Valley, sorry. Plus, she fights wolves again in Tomb of Qualopec... and in Golden Mask's Furnace of the Gods.

- You sure make a lot of noise... perhaps one of the loudest enemies in the trilogy?
- This is the first time I'm encountering you on land rather than in water.
- At least I get a break from you in this level.

That's the final clue, 6 clues in total. If no one gets this now in 24 hours I'll reveal it.

Bonus hint: Each clue refers to a different enemy.

Incorrect guesses so far:
Ice Palace
Tomb of Tihocan
Floating Islands
Lost Valley
Old 25-06-22, 11:34   #16467
Celephais
Archaeologist

My final attempt- Kingdom from the Golden Mask. It fits a few of those clues anyway. I can't think of any really loud enemies from the series. If it's not that then I give up
Old 25-06-22, 14:11   #16468
.snake.
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celephais View Post
My final attempt- Kingdom from the Golden Mask. It fits a few of those clues anyway. I can't think of any really loud enemies from the series. If it's not that then I give up
Nope, not Kingdom.

Come on, you can do this. Which level has 5 different enemy types, but one iconic enemy is strangely missing from this level compared to the levels that surround this one? (aka the break Lara is getting...)

Ps, you were right in guessing that one of the enemies is indeed the crocodile.
Old 25-06-22, 15:29   #16469
Celephais
Archaeologist

The only two enemies I can think of that are found both in land and water are rats and crocodiles. Crocs are only found in TR 1 and 3. Since you can play London and South Pacific in any order it seems to discount the "last time I kill you" clue. Which leaves TR 1
There's only a few levels in TR 1 with at least five enemies including crocodiles, and your clue about getting a rest from an iconic enemy I assume would be Pierre Dupont. So, Palace Midas? That's the one level where you get a rest from him between several levels. However I don't see where the last time I kill you clue would apply
Old 25-06-22, 16:30   #16470
.snake.
Professor

I knew you could do it!

PALACE MIDAS is correct!!!

1) Rats. This is the first time that Lara ever encounters rats in the trilogy. They're swimming in the water of the fire gauntlet room.

2) Bats. This is the last time we ever kill bats within the trilogy. No bats in Cistern, Tomb of Tihocan, or all of Egypt and Atlantis. No bats in TR2. No bats in TR3 except the animating effect in Madubu Gorge and Aldwych, which isn't an enemy. We don't encounter bats again as enemies until TR4. Crazy if you think about it.

3) Lions. When we are making our way across the balcony in the starting room with the pool, a lion starts bounding towards us from a distance while some scary music plays to build tension... but there's enough time to finish him off with the pistols before he gets to you.

4) Gorillas. They're pretty loud and obnoxious, and I'd say besides the Atlanteans and Yetis, one of the noisiest enemies in the trilogy. But I guess that's subjective.

5) Crocodiles. The first croc we meet in Palace Midas is coming at us on land, to the right of the main pool room we arrive in. Before this, in St Francis and Colosseum, crocs always appeared to us first in the water.

6) Pierre. This is the only level in Greece that we don't cross paths with Pierre trying to ambush us.

Quite proud of myself for creating such a stumper. I'm glad you got it though in the end and that I didn't have to spoil it.