www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 24-06-22, 22:13   #31081
.snake.
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
not heard of this youtuber before but I agree with the video. a good watch.

Good vid. I like her new format. She should do more voice over commentaries like this in regards to TR.

She's also right: TR does need another reboot, in the right direction hopefully. The franchise has been dormant for so long, they will need to give it a soft or hard reboot just so it garners some attention amongst gamers.

I'm worried though that Crystal won't admit to this. I don't think they'll want to reboot again because they're so proud (?) of the past one that led us nowhere. If the next game flops, they'll have to reboot again. But, before it comes to that, hopefully someone intelligent on the team will realize that a reboot and reinvention is the only way forward.
.snake. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-22, 22:22   #31082
redfox45
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Her videos give me The Quartering vibes. That's not nice.
The channel is literally female Quartering. And it owes a big part of it's start up success to Jeremy's fanbase.
Old 24-06-22, 22:25   #31083
.snake.
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
The channel is literally female Quartering. And it owes a big part of it's start up success to Jeremy's fanbase.
I'm not too familiar with him. What's wrong with the Quartering?
Old 24-06-22, 22:31   #31084
Rai

Quote:

RUFfElWCr5A

You're really trying to pretend you don't know Melonie Mac? You disappoint.

I disagree with many of her points. While I loved the survivor trilogy, it was obvious the devs had done everything with the gameplay formula that they could and players were looking for changes and innovation. I do believe that's their next step. Going with Survivor game 4 might have the effect of people thinking it's still part of the origin, so they're obviously trying to avoid that. I'm willing to give the unification a chance. It allows them to jump ahead a few years, putting Lara in a position of veteran adventurer again, which is where she was in the Core era.

Last edited by Rai; 25-06-22 at 09:25.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-22, 22:53   #31085
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

I think it needs a refresh and I also think the longer the gap is till the next game, the fresher and more different it needs to be. A jump in age could help with that.

But I'm not averse at having a full reboot either, although I do think they need to be careful with that, it's risky. Only so many major reboots you can do in a span of time.
Old 25-06-22, 00:06   #31086
lance6439
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Funny you’re watching that because I actually started rewatching it a while back. Currently on season 2. I laughed at the TR reference in the first episode that I forgot about. I could be wrong but I think there’s at least one more TR reference in the show later on.
Being Gay when I was a Tween/Teen (well I discovered this show as a kid) was so different than today. I remember sometimes staying up until maybe 10PM and I would randomly come across the intro while scrambling through channel on late night TV. But I was too tired to watch the show in its entirety. I expect more TR references. LC is a gay icon.

Have you ever seen this?

Just Lara chilling at a gay bar. Love how she's an icon for just being herself and not for the sake of being lesbian (which is what fans want to force these days)

Quote:
Is this the UK or US version? I assume UK?
Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
I'm referring to the American one (and I assume Lance is too since he said 2000). But from what I remember, the opening episode copies a lot of the dialogue verbatim from the original UK version, so the TR line may have originated there.
Yeah I'm watching the USA version. I want to watch the UK version too!

not sure about this reboot one, though...

Quote:

Another FANTASTIC video from Mrs.Melonie!

next time put a trigger warning for a certain group of people
Old 25-06-22, 03:06   #31087
.snake.
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
Being Gay when I was a Tween/Teen (well I discovered this show as a kid) was so different than today. I remember sometimes staying up until maybe 10PM and I would randomly come across the intro while scrambling through channel on late night TV. But I was too tired to watch the show in its entirety. I expect more TR references. LC is a gay icon.
It's a great show. I like both the British and American versions, although the American just has more story development since it's longer. Worst intro ever though.

Quote:
Have you ever seen this?

Just Lara chilling at a gay bar. Love how she's an icon for just being herself and not for the sake of being lesbian (which is what fans want to force these days)

I have not seen this, but it's cute lol. Lara looks so pretty. I wonder if that's one of the official models. Looks like it.

Quote:
Yeah I'm watching the USA version. I want to watch the UK version too!
not sure about this reboot one, though...
Oh god, there's a QAF reboot happening? Please no. Why does everything have to be rebooted?

Last summer I watched Looking for the first time. That was alright. Not a reboot though thankfully. Two of the characters were video game designers. No LC references though from what I remember.

Last edited by .snake.; 25-06-22 at 03:16.
Old 25-06-22, 04:05   #31088
lance6439
Legend

Yeah that's one of the official models! I think her name is Lara Weller.

and yeah there's a Queer As Folk reboot and it has what you would expect any reboot in 2022 to have :
Old 25-06-22, 04:36   #31089
.snake.
Professor

Quote:
and yeah there's a Queer As Folk reboot and it has what you would expect any reboot in 2022 to have :
I just googled some images of it and... ho boy, I guess I've really been out of the loop.

I may just watch it though for the lulz and Samantha/Kim Cattrall.
Old 25-06-22, 05:14   #31090
Celephais
Archaeologist

Not being gay my reason for playing Tomb Raider is basically due to it being a very good video game.
Celephais is offline   Reply With Quote