www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 24-06-22, 23:32   #10471
lance6439
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post

I agree Nicobass work has won interest from the press but outside of that it's not a huge wave.
How the **** are you going to DENY the MILLIONS of views Nico got with his TRII inspired remake and downplay the attention + coverage ??!?!?!?!?!? a SINGLE PERSON. No PR, no team. UNO. Independent.

Yeah, you people are really the weird toxic ones.

Quote:

TR isn't dead like Alone in the Dark for exemple or Prince of Persia it's only in pause for some time.

Once the new Lara will appear (like in the TV anime) an audience will gain interest in Lara and her adventures again.
Mani said that there's no interest in Classic TR. Clearly, there is. Its present and loud.

Last edited by lance6439; 24-06-22 at 23:34.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-22, 23:38   #10472
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
How the **** are you going to DENY the MILLIONS of views Nico got with his TRII inspired remake and downplay the attention + coverage ??!?!?!?!?!? a SINGLE PERSON. No PR, no team. UNO. Independent.

Yeah, you people are really the weird toxic ones.
Say the person who is in total denial about his way of acting rude with a lot of peoples for years.

But you're right continue to live in your echo chamber where everyone but you is a toxic person.
Old 24-06-22, 23:40   #10473
biscuits
Relic Hunter

Why are people against remasters or remakes? Game preservation is not a bad thing.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-22, 23:47   #10474
lance6439
Legend

Quote:
Say the person who is in total denial about his way of acting rude with a lot of peoples for years.

But you're right continue to live in your echo chamber where everyone but you is a toxic person.
This is an attack on my character. I'm a really groovy, nice and fun purrson. I just get irritated when people like you want to discredit where credit should be given.

The only echo-chamber activity going on here is people like you and Mani_Man denying the demand for Classic TR and blaming everything on the "TOXIX!!!!!!!!CCCC" fans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits View Post
Why are people against remasters or remakes? Game preservation is not a bad thing.
You should ask the Reboot fanatics. First, they said it wasn't profitable and not in any devs/publishers interest. Now the Embracer Group wants to EMBRACE the Classic TRs and they're not amused.

Last edited by lance6439; 24-06-22 at 23:48.
lance6439 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-22, 00:12   #10475
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Nobody is truly against them, it's only Mani Man and his usual oh so "innovative" know it all points of view that "make so much a difference" and see "what so many others fail to see and grasp" (rofl) No need to worry at all, the world wants game preservation, and the world wants those remakes. Some people here believe that stating controversial opinions makes them seem smart, cool and edgy and above everybody else. It doesn't.

We will get those remakes that is for sure since there is a big demand for them, I do still wonder if we will get remasters at all or not though. I do not know for a fact if remasters would actually be profitable enough. Remakes would but remasters Maybe we should just get ports of TR1-TRU and get remakes of TR1-TR3 first then make a sequel to TR3 and pick up from there I think that could work too. Like a new Tomb Raider 4 sort of like Crash Bandicoot did.

Last edited by JsotoTRSaga; 25-06-22 at 00:19.
JsotoTRSaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-22, 00:56   #10476
.snake.
Professor

Quote:
You are so fixated with numbers so let me provide you some. Here are the amounts of views Nicobass and Johnathon get for their TRII inspired games/art.
I also included other people playing their games as well as game trailers/teasers.

You say you couldn't come across any other TR fan-game-based projects, well I have this for you too. This poorly crafted collage pile includes AOD remake and the TRIII HD remaster. More fan videos garnering thousands of views.

I'll even include Anniversary Edition because its currently being fixed by fans and was leaked by a major fan:

You also mention how no one is streaming the Classic Tomb Raider games but there's literal livestreams, walkthroughs and dedicated videos revolving Classic TR that have thousands of views:

And this tiny Youtube channel with only 13K subscribers gets hundreds of thousands of views for his Classic TR content.

This fan art that went viral has everybody in the comments and quote retweets wishing for Classic Lara to make a comeback:

What you also don't understand that the dedicated TR fans who come online everyday to talk about her have always been small. This isn't a final fantasy fanbase. The numbers that hashtag pulled the other day was actually impressive.

I've noticed that the first couple of collages are actually really small and possibly hard to read, but the views are massive. All of the videos I've included are no older than 5 years (except one, which was uploaded 6 years ago)
This post needs to be framed.
.snake. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-22, 07:30   #10477
CroftManiac05
Archaeologist

Quote:
Remaking the classic games is a bit of a slippery slope. Not because there won't be any profit, on the contrary there is big demand for classic TR, but because if they remake one game then they will have to remake the rest. And then we will be in the same situation as the Core era where will we have the same gameplay rebranded 4 times (it was already exhausting in the reboot as well). In my opinion they should remake TR4 which was quite ambitious, and just ignore the rest, but we know that people will want the rest of the games remade. Plus remaking from scratch all these games takes a lot of time and effort that should be used in the next games instead imo.

This is why I think remasters is a better and less creatively bankrupt option.
Old 25-06-22, 07:39   #10478
Mani_Man
Relic Hunter

Quote:
I definitly appreciate that you put work into it, its not your usual MO on anything.

But it tells me you know very little about viral marketing.

Do you honestly think 150k is a good number for a 20+ year series?
Having a very uneven number of views, is not a good sign.
TR videos with less than 500k views, is not good...better than other series have, but considering the juggernaut it once was and you keep claiming it is...the numbers are a fine and sad example how little sway classic TR sadly has .

And as for the tweets...do you honestly think 180 max likes, less than 100 retweets and barely any comments...is good?
That is not trending material, which it needs.

The numbers while being impressive on its own under other circumstances, are a sad look at a fandom that makes itself far bigger than it is in reality.

You need far more than the numbers it generates.
The numbers arent bad on its own, but for what you want, what you claim is the reach...those numbers are sadly nothing to be impressed with.
Mani_Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-22, 08:02   #10479
DOPE
Relic Hunter

It’s no wonder Tomb Raider doesn’t have an exactly huge fanbase, considering the series has gone through major identity crises. But, can’t deny the attention the Nicobass remake got.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan C. View Post
First, a company will begin with remastering work for titles that could benefit from it. These old games are then used to prove whether there is a market for more -- if fans cry out for a sequel, Embracer's businesses are listening.
I think this bit is about older IPs that have been retired for a while, not Tomb Raider.
Old 25-06-22, 08:06   #10480
Mani_Man
Relic Hunter

Looking at the numbers, yes nicobass managed something incredible.
Ten Times the attention is something.
Mani_Man is online now   Reply With Quote