www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 27-09-21, 22:11   #111
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
In 2022 there will be certainly the second movie shooting news to keep us entertained
We hope.

If it runs too far into 2022 its up against the signing over of MGM to Amazon and could be delayed even further. Let's stay optimistic though!
Old 27-09-21, 22:28   #112
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
We hope.

If it runs too far into 2022 its up against the signing over of MGM to Amazon and could be delayed even further. Let's stay optimistic though!
At least in the UK, "No Time to Die" seems to already be making good money from ticket pre sales. If that translates worldwide, hopefully it means MGM has a good amount of cash to spend on other movies, including Tomb Raider.

Also, both Alicia and Misha seem confident that they will get the greenlight, so hopefully that means something.
Old 27-09-21, 22:44   #113
Vaskito
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
It's time we finally accept that TR is with Jesus now
I can’t breathe lmao, that’s so dramatic it’s actually funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Man, for something that is supposed to be so forgotten, unliked and irrelevant, you sure do like to talk about the reboot a lot, don't you?

Almost like, even if you despise it, deep down you know it was a very well received and liked era that will leave a permanent mark on the franchise, and don't know how to deal with that.

And you desperately say the contrary is true, hoping that if you say it enough times it will somehow become true.

It's sad, honestly...
It’s baffling to see a such a huge degree of childish pettiness coming out of the fingers of an actual legally adult person. I swear I’ve never seen anything like it to this extent ever.
Oh well, at least we have games, comics, movies and tv shows about the forgotten, irrelevant and disliked TR games to look forward to and celebrate, which is always better than being bitter 24/7 spouting nonsense seeking for attention

Last edited by Vaskito; 27-09-21 at 22:46.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-21, 23:40   #114
lance6439
Legend

Quote:
Man, for something that is supposed to be so forgotten, unliked and irrelevant, you sure do like to talk about the reboot a lot, don't you?

Almost like, even if you despise it, deep down you know it was a very well received and liked era that will leave a permanent mark on the franchise, and don't know how to deal with that.

And you desperately say the contrary is true, hoping that if you say it enough times it will somehow become true.

It's sad, honestly...
If I felt that deep down the Reboot era accomplished anything majority great, I would definitely recognize that. Only fake fans are telling themselves that Lara Croft is back on the radar. Because it definitely feels like she isnít. Iíve been a fan longer than you so my feelings are more valid than yours sorry.
Old 27-09-21, 23:54   #115
biscuits
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Ports, remakes/remasters, new games, other gaming merch that doesn't break the savings account.
Oh yes indeed. I get what you mean.

Quote:
If I felt that deep down the Reboot era accomplished anything majority great, I would definitely recognize that. Only fake fans are telling themselves that Lara Croft is back on the radar. Because it definitely feels like she isn’t. I’ve been a fan longer than you so my feelings are more valid than yours sorry.
Oh yaaayyy we're gatekeeping now!!!

Last edited by biscuits; 27-09-21 at 23:56.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-21, 00:02   #116
EliParker
Explorer

Quote:
At least in the UK, "No Time to Die" seems to already be making good money from ticket pre sales. If that translates worldwide, hopefully it means MGM has a good amount of cash to spend on other movies, including Tomb Raider.
I wouldn't hold my breathe on that, as the highest estimated budget is 300M. That is before marketing, and revenue splits between all parties involved. However, if it does well more parties are likely to work with MGM on their films.
EliParker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-21, 00:17   #117
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
If I felt that deep down the Reboot era accomplished anything majority great, I would definitely recognize that. Only fake fans are telling themselves that Lara Croft is back on the radar. Because it definitely feels like she isnít. Iíve been a fan longer than you so my feelings are more valid than yours sorry.
You've been a fan even before TRI was released?
Old 28-09-21, 03:20   #118
.snake.
Professor

Lol why did Meagan even announce in that first video for TR25 that an anime was coming if it is still as far away as 2023? Her announcement makes it sound like that was THE big treat for this anniversary, leading us into next year. I think it makes total sense that people might be pissed off about this.

TR25 has been getting worse ever since AOD month ended.
.snake. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-21, 05:10   #119
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Lol why did Meagan even announce in that first video for TR25 that an anime was coming if it is still as far away as 2023? Her announcement makes it sound like that was THE big treat for this anniversary, leading us into next year. I think it makes total sense that people might be pissed off about this.

TR25 has been getting worse ever since AOD month ended.
She never said it was coming this year. The announcement was done so yeah she hyped up the whole thing because it was the first time TR received something like that. Animation takes time to be done so it's logical we will never see something in 2022. In fact it's for the better. I rather wait than to see something that didn't have the level of quality expected.
Old 28-09-21, 06:10   #120
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
We might not get releases next year but promotion could start, for the game, anime and movie.
I agree. I especially could see a trailer for the anime, at least for the end of this year. Could be possible for the movie and game also.