www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 13-09-21, 21:13   #41
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

I made a YouTube search and... what a voice!

I'm excited for this series!

I can't wait to see what happens after Shadow

EDIT: I just thought of one thing and now I have this fear

Maybe they want to make this series more accessible to the public, so since not everyone has played the whole survivor trilogy they could "play it safe" and reference the events of the game the least as possible

Personally I hope this is not how it will be in the end...

Last edited by Grizzly Bear; 13-09-21 at 21:24.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-21, 22:20   #42
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
Hayley is a popular actress and the anime also takes place right after Shadow. She's isn't a random person that could just fill in for Camilla. They're most likely paying big bucks to have her on board. I don't see them hiring her to just then go back to Camilla for the next game. That wouldn't make much sense tbh.
So what you are saying is how they hired Alicia Vinkander for the movie that she was going to replace Camilla too? So Hayley is going to replace Alicia as well, and Camilla? That makes no sense. I’m sure she will just be for the Netflix series to being more fans over to the TR franchise. Camilla will still be the voice of Lara in the game if they go the route with her.
Old 13-09-21, 22:34   #43
Rai

The movies aren't canon, they're their own thing, only inspired by the games, so I wouldn't worry about Alicia, she's definitely still on board for Tomb Raider 2/ Obsidian. The anime is being considered as canon to the games, I believe. I do think Hayley will be for the anime only. After all Minnie Driver was only used for Re/ Visioned.
Old 13-09-21, 23:05   #44
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
The movies aren't canon, they're their own thing, only inspired by the games, so I wouldn't worry about Alicia, she's definitely still on board for Tomb Raider 2/ Obsidian. The anime is being considered as canon to the games, I believe. I do think Hayley will be for the anime only. After all Minnie Driver was only used for Re/ Visioned.
Revisioned was of a smaller scope though. It wasn't cannon and was free to watch. There's also the fact that the anime will be the first official proper look at Unified Lara, which is no small task. BTW, I'd love for Minnie to return, she's my fav Lara voice actress after Jonell

I mean, sure Hayley might be temporary for the anime only, but my gut is telling me that she will voice Lara in the games as well.
Old 13-09-21, 23:12   #45
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Re/Visioned was different, though. It was never supposed to be part of the LAU timeline, it was "just" a celebration of Lara Croft by different writers and animation studios.

This anime will be canon material, and perhaps the first project in the unification era. Does that guarantee that Atwell will also voice and mocap Lara for the next game? No, but it sure makes it more probable than Minnie Driver replacing Keeley in the LAU games.

Also, if we are going by the "money" factor, I think some are a bit overestimating how much Netflix is spending with Atwell here. Tasha has said before the budget for the anime isn't that high, and it definitely won't be anywhere near the 100M dollars all three reboot games cost, and that TR12 most probably will. Obviously I think that it will be more expensive to have Atwell do both voice acting and mocap in a game than just doing voice work in an animation project, but if they don't use her likeness to model Lara, I also don't see it being forbiddenly expensive to have Atwell be game Lara either.

Hell, if they don't use her likeness, I could even see Alicia Vikander being a viable option for game Lara.
Old 13-09-21, 23:38   #46
amiro1989
Relic Hunter

Amazing!!! She sounds so good. Hopefully that means that Camilla is out for the games!
Old 14-09-21, 00:41   #47
JuditePrince12
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
So what you are saying is how they hired Alicia Vinkander for the movie that she was going to replace Camilla too? So Hayley is going to replace Alicia as well, and Camilla? That makes no sense. I’m sure she will just be for the Netflix series to being more fans over to the TR franchise. Camilla will still be the voice of Lara in the game if they go the route with her.
No not necessarily. The anime is canon so using Hayley is an investment that Netflix and CD green lit. They obviously want to bring more attention but just letting her do the anime and then letting her go for Camilla again makes 0 sense. Especially when Hayley is more well known than Camilla.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Also, if we are going by the "money" factor, I think some are a bit overestimating how much Netflix is spending with Atwell here. Tasha has said before the budget for the anime isn't that high, and it definitely won't be anywhere near the 100M dollars all three reboot games cost, and that TR12 most probably will. Obviously I think that it will be more expensive to have Atwell do both voice acting and mocap in a game than just doing voice work in an animation project, but if they don't use her likeness to model Lara, I also don't see it being forbiddenly expensive to have Atwell be game Lara either.
Yea obviously I don't believe the budget is on the same level of the game but animation on this level still cost money. Unless you're a millionaire? But they have to be paying her more than an average voice actress. She's been on Marvel's What If show which is very popular as well. She'll definitely bring more attention and I hope to see in the game as well. CD seems more into continuity with their actors and this reboot so I could see her staying even in the future.
Old 14-09-21, 01:11   #48
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
Yea obviously I don't believe the budget is on the same level of the game but animation on this level still cost money. Unless you're a millionaire? But they have to be paying her more than an average voice actress. She's been on Marvel's What If show which is very popular as well. She'll definitely bring more attention and I hope to see in the game as well. CD seems more into continuity with their actors and this reboot so I could see her staying even in the future.
Still, I don't think Atwell would be forbiddenly expensive to not have her in the games, especially if they don't use her likeness, just her VA and mocap. Yes, she is part of the MCU, in a beloved role, but outside of the first Captain America movie, and the short-lived Agent Carter mini series, she basically just cameos in some short scenes.

Hell, I would even say that she might not be that more expansive than bringing back Camilla now that she is part of the main cast of one of the biggest TV shows out there, and not just an upcoming actress like she was during TR2013 and signed for three games.

Unless her role in Mission Impossible gets super popular to become recurring, or she gets nominated and/or wins an Oscar or any other major movie acting awards (which is a possibility, she is incredibly talented), I can see her being an expensive, but completely in budget hiring.
Old 14-09-21, 07:41   #49
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I would say in terms of clout and pay packages Hayley would be a more expensive hire for the studio although maybe not for the long term.

Camilla would be undertaking a lot of mocap and VO work over the course of a few years on the games and Hayley can probably do the voice for this series in a month.
Old 14-09-21, 07:42   #50
biscuits
Relic Hunter

Video games have used celebrities all the time. It's nothing new. Elder Scrolls had Patrick Stewart voice a key character. Until Dawn had Rami Malek. There was also Beyond: Two Souls with Eliot Page.
Also Haley Atwell worked with Netflix on another animated series before, TR won't be the first.

Last edited by biscuits; 14-09-21 at 07:43.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote