Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 25-02-20, 13:02   #15961
Rai

Someone has also edited Amy's page to take TR from her list. Unless pages sync automatically?
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-20, 13:10   #15962
Tonyrobinson

Its crazy to think it's been nearly two years since the first film. I hope for relevencys sake they get this in front of cameras sooner rather than later.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-20, 18:11   #15963
michaeldt

Some of the best sequels have been made years after the first . It's fine.
michaeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-20, 18:14   #15964
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
Some of the best sequels have been made years after the first . It's fine.
Besides, regardless of April like the rumours say, or Summer like Alicia says, the movie is still going to be shot this year.

If it retains the March 2021 release that is another story

Edit: If Amy Jump reappears on IMDB, it was I who added her. I'll be using the one-month trial to see if I can find out a bit more about the movie.

Last edited by Portugalraider; 25-02-20 at 18:26.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-20, 09:42   #15965
GeekOfComedy

Wow - think about the fact Birds of Prey had everything going for it, was the big release after a movie drought in January and it's going to make much less than Tomb Raider (2018) which came out during one of the most competitive movie going months in recent memory.

And even WITHOUT China, Tomb Raider (2018) still will probably make just a bit more than Birds of Prey so I don't think an R-Rated sequel is gonna happen. Just as how Harley Quinn has a young female audience, Lara Croft would too. I know some people here keep saying that young people sneak into R-rated movies all the time but if they bought a ticket for another film to sneak in, MGM isn't seeing that money. ...But I can definitely see why MGM wants to proceed with a sequel. With a better launch strategy they really have something.
GeekOfComedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-20, 09:57   #15966
Portugalraider

Eh, call it perhaps an unpopular opinion, but an R-rating was never needed to begin with. The 2018 was already quite brutal in points even with a PG-13 rating. Hell, to me Lara's first kill in the movie felt much more violent than in the game (maybe because I see drowning in shallow water/mud as one of the worst ways to die).

Birds of Prey will have a much stronger domestic BO though. I mean, it already has. There is something to learn about that as well. Perhaps something about actually marketing a movie which can also have a good impact in their already strong international markets?
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-20, 10:30   #15967
GeekOfComedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Eh, call it perhaps an unpopular opinion, but an R-rating was never needed to begin with. The 2018 was already quite brutal in points even with a PG-13 rating. Hell, to me Lara's first kill in the movie felt much more violent than in the game (maybe because I see drowning in shallow water/mud as one of the worst ways to die).

Birds of Prey will have a much stronger domestic BO though. I mean, it already has. There is something to learn about that as well. Perhaps something about actually marketing a movie which can also have a good impact in their already strong international markets?
BOP is looking to finish with 85M domestic... That's not strong. That's as much as a failure as Tomb Raiders 58M which is why I'm re-iterating the fact that the international numbers for BOP is just shocking even WITHOUT China.

A movie big or small is seen as a success when it passes 100M domestic like R-Rated Hustlers, Little Women etc.
GeekOfComedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-20, 10:33   #15968
PinkyPromise

TR did much better internationally than BoP.

TR is an adventure movie. A genre that can connect with any public. In addition, they can record in any country and they can use any international actor. TR has many possibilities. That is why it is an interesting franchise.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-20, 10:43   #15969
andre_costa

I don't know why some people are still trying to push for a R-Rated sequel just because the games were rated-M. You do realize that they were rated-M mostly because of all the swearing and because of the Lara's death scenes, right?
Like Portugalraider said, the first movie was already pretty brutal, there's no need for a R rating.
Heck,even the first Indiana Jonas movie was Pg-13 and that movie was brutal as hell.
andre_costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-20, 17:54   #15970
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
TR did much better internationally than BoP.

TR is an adventure movie. A genre that can connect with any public. In addition, they can record in any country and they can use any international actor. TR has many possibilities. That is why it is an interesting franchise.
Yeah BoP was very much a (I don't mean to get political) western liberal tailored film. Problem is, the extreme girl power push of the marketing really divided people.

TR is an adventure film that just so happens to have a female lead. It can pretty much appeal to any market.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote