Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 16-09-17, 18:23   #551
Dustie

Sure, though seeing what an enterprise it is to code the whole game, I can imagine it's relatively straightforward to add the ability to load external textures. But you're right, it's best to work on core features first.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-17, 18:33   #552
infernoxzx

Dear developer, will support older devices on Android OS with OpengGl es version 2.0?
I apologize for my English and thank you in advance for the answer.

Last edited by infernoxzx; 16-09-17 at 18:35.
infernoxzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-17, 18:50   #553
andrewsyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Personally I'd rather like to see more TR1 features being implemented first than new graphical tweaks.
I would too but I can't help but think it's hard. From my understanding without the original source code you are prying around trying to build functionality around certain parts of the levels.
It can be really hard to get 100% fidelity if you don't have the original source code to study that pairs with the level files.

I like the sugary addons like the water surface.
andrewsyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-17, 18:55   #554
andrewsyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
It looks like my NVIDIA Riva TNT2. Kinda oldschool and so obsolete. I didn't know PC GPUs can still look like that.
It's a more modern card, hence the larger passive cooling fins. The main reason I got it is so I could use 3 or more monitors with 1 4k tv/monitor. My i5 intel motherboard only supports 2 monitors.

Unfortunately when I plugged the graphics card into the PCI the motherboard turned off the intel graphics.

My biggest things is complete silence, I like no noise, right now though my CPU fan is running a little hotter because I'm rendering a large video I'm about to upload

I do more web development but I can still browse XProger's source and understand some of the logic in certain areas.
Old 16-09-17, 20:06   #555
andrewsyc

Last batch of videos from me. I need to focus on other things.

City of Khamoon I can't climb of the ledge to pull the switch, door preventing it?

Obelisk of Khamoon, I was able to pull all switches but none of the bridges trigger yet. Happily the flipmap works for changing the slopes to stairs in the room with panthers. Panther A.I. is haywire lol.

30 minutes, I felt like I was playing the level for the first time again. Just skip if you get impatient with my level progress. No panther mummies, the Tomb Pit triggered the music and I was able to shoot at the invisible mummies.
Are invisible enemies a sort of flipmap?

Obelisk of Khamoon video is over 30 minutes long and 23.4 GB Camtasia file, 1.5 GB mp4 video. That's why it took so long to render and upload.

Finally:

Tomb of Qualopec, everything works but when Lara goes to grab the Scion the game freezes:

Last edited by andrewsyc; 16-09-17 at 20:13.
Old 16-09-17, 20:40   #556
Dustie

Please remember not to double or triple post in a row, but edit your post instead. Otherwise the mods will come and eat you.

But keep making and posting videos, I think bug hunting is welcome as it aids development .
Old 18-09-17, 17:22   #557
DunHill
Inactive

I tested the first level, and I did encounter a few bugs, took a video of it

My FPS counter was constantly locked at 60 FPS, which wasn't before, so that's great news

First "bug", Lara waves her arms while shooting, I don't think it was like that in the original game. And it looks a bit strange, as if she was not shooting straight

Second bug, the save crystals are black for now, but I'm pretty sure you are working on saves so I'm not worrying too much

Last bug was quite funny, I found it while trying a legit speedrun technique from the original game. And it ended up being even easier xD

Hope this helps.
DunHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-17, 18:31   #558
Dustie

Speaking of arms, when you shoot and start backing away, she will point her arms to the ground according with the movement of her torso. I guess it's thing with arms/weapons mesh control during shooting animation.
Old 18-09-17, 20:06   #559
andrewsyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by XProger View Post
OpenLara has native Raspberry Pi support

I'll update release versions soon, OpenLara isn't ready for normal play.
Probably the reason why tombati crashes might be in wrong box index behind this door (or maybe others):

Thanks, I'll fix it!
Just a final word. Starting with Tomb of Qualopec get the levels so they can be completed (even with serious bugs) right now picking up the Scion crashes the level in Tomb of Qualopec.

I'm not in the position to order around but I figure you won't burn out if you are just carrying onward. Once all levels are beatable you can just go through and slowly update any serious bugs.

The game is fine the way it is for now, just make the level triggers and flipmaps workable without crashing

Oh, and at risk of sounding like a jerk, ignore custom levels or any of the unfinished business levels Just go linearly through all of TR1 until it can be played through.

Last edited by andrewsyc; 18-09-17 at 20:08.
Old 18-09-17, 23:12   #560
XProger
Golden

Guys, thanks for your videos, it's very helpful for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by infernoxzx View Post
Dear developer, will support older devices on Android OS with OpengGl es version 2.0?
I have two versions: one for android >= 4.3 devices with gamepad support and another for android >= 2.2 devices (you probably should switch all graphics options to low and turn off reverberation sound effect on title or inventory screen). Before launch the game you must place data files into your storage/OpenLara/level/ & storage/OpenLara/audio/ folders of your device.
XProger is offline   Reply With Quote