Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 21-02-20, 15:01   #2761
AshySlashy

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
this happens when you have too many sound samples activated
Oh, I suspected something like that. Thank you very much
AshySlashy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-20, 19:41   #2762
JMN

In addition to hiding all objects of a certain type, it would also be useful to have a function to individually hide selected objects.

For example, it would be helpful to hide statics blocking the view while trying to place smaller ones nearby:

JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-20, 20:34   #2763
Caesum

Use the multiple wads feature to create a wad with placeholder objects that can be used that way. In my dead TDR project I had a separate wad2 file with trees that had only trunk part, not leaves. I'd then move the wad all the way up/down the wad list depending on if I wanted to have better visibility or more final look.

It's honestly the best way atm.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-20, 21:25   #2764
JMN

That sounds like a good solution for now, thanks!

EDIT: I frequently experience this issue where textures are placed on the wrong faces, with no undo:

https://streamable.com/arxqh

Last edited by JMN; 29-02-20 at 18:22.
Old 05-03-20, 22:46   #2765
AkyV

Please, forgive me if what I ask that sounds silly, but I am not so familiar with TE yet.
So, as far as I know, TE supports TRNG 1.3.0.6, this is what comes with it.

But the latest TRNG is 1.3.0.7, so what loses who uses v1306 in TE? Seeing this post, I could say, mostly using TCMD script constants, which are new flags to extend more the TriggerGroup feature - but we can live with it, TriggerGroup is a really flexible feature to make a workaround for it, instead of using these lost flags.

On the other hand, what is what plugin users loses? Because plugins are made for v1307 base, officially you need this or a higher version to run them nicely. So is there any feature which works in a buggy way, due to using an older TRNG?

That post says this is the difference between v1306 and v1307 plugin sources:

Quote:
TRNG Patcher updater (PU-8):

- Fixed bug in trng_installer program
In previous update (the PU-7 update), the trng_installer program required the Comctl32.ocx activeX object.
On some operative system (like WindowsXp) the program was not able to run until a manual installation of Comctl32.ocx activeX occurred.

- Fixed bug about remind for updating
In previous versions, when Trng Patcher detected a long time (about 30 days) without checking for on-line updates, it reminds to check using a message box.
The bug was that, in spite user checked for updates, the remind was yet present, only because no update was yet available.

- Added FITEM_ flag for moveable flags in StrItemTr4 structure.
In previous versions, the flag with value 0x10 (16 decimal) had a not sure meaning.
Now (thanks to AkvY) it has been discovered its real meaning: it will be set when enemy has just been hit with weapons (but not grenade)
To preserve backward compatibility, the old FITEM_FLAG_10 flag it has been let, but it has been added the new flag (with same 0x10 value): FITEM_ITEM_HAS_BEEN_HIT (or enumFITEM.ITEM_HAS_BEEN_HIT auto enumerator).
Fixed bug in trng_installer program - So do you need manual Comctl32.ocx installation when using the plugins in XP? (Not a big issue, anyway.)
Fixed bug about remind for updating - Not important, level builders do not use TRNG Patcher.
Added FITEM_ flag - Honestly, I used this flag, but I manually fixed this bug in my sources, so there should not be problem with this. However, if anybody else has this flag in their plugin, then perhaps their plugin should be checked about it in TE.

Last edited by AkyV; 05-03-20 at 22:55.
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-20, 23:48   #2766
SrDanielPonces

but I used TE to make a level with plugins
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-20, 07:48   #2767
JMN

Tomb Editor, or rather TombIDE, comes with 1.3.0.7.
Old 06-03-20, 08:13   #2768
AkyV

I am happy to hear that.
So then I didn't ask anything.
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-20, 22:14   #2769
JMN

Sometimes the gizmo just won't cooperate.

This is with Ctrl held down for smooth movement:

Last edited by JMN; 08-03-20 at 20:22. Reason: Switched from streamable to youtube
Old 13-03-20, 19:30   #2770
vasatomb

how do I reset the secret counter for the next level? I have the number of found secrets transferred to the next level. I mean like in tr1/t2/tr3.
I use the script "Customize=CUST_SET_SECRET_NUMBER" for each level, but this does not affect the found secrets - they are transferred to the next level

Last edited by vasatomb; 13-03-20 at 19:35.
vasatomb is offline   Reply With Quote