Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Fan and Community Showcase

Old 29-08-19, 14:53   #1
larafan25

Lightbulb the truth in fragments

hello this is my "poetry" thread or whatever. It's not poetry nor is it poetry in my opinion but I'm just calling it that so it can be like... categorized I guess. But it's like a twitter-format thought-blurbs of things I notice and like to think about and I hope it's not considered spam <3 I'm sick today, and I'm like never sick, so my thoughts might flow more. It's really a collection of my thoughts about the subject of thoughts and that kind of thing. Feel free to participate somehow.<3

Quote:
Without exception, all things are true. But truth is relative to one's perspective.
Quote:
We are sharing a mind just as we are sharing words in a conversation, rapidly and smoothly pulling them out of each other's mouths and minds.
Quote:
Everything always seems to be moving or changing. Maybe everything is always moving and changing.
Quote:
Our mind is a canvas upon which thoughts are expressed, when the canvas is clear the thought stands out greater as would paint on a blank canvas. Because we have emotional relationships with thoughts, the clarity of a thought implies the clarity of the resulting emotion. Clarity meaning particularness, poignancy, intensity, vividness, or succinctness coming into focus.
Quote:
There are fundamentally two attitudes, a good attitude or a bad attitude. An attitude of encouragement or an attitude of discouragement. An attitude of encouragement draws from the appealing pieces of reality and allows motion, a discouraging attitude focuses on the unwanted aspects of reality and stifles motion, creating a sense of stuckness.
Quote:
It might seem right, to discourage bad behaviors, but our attitude is a mechanism that underlies the topics of life and mind, and if we are not able to encourage from wherever we happen to be in life, then we cannot move. There is great value in tapping into the force that moves you, no matter what it makes you do. The same force that does good does evil.
Quote:
There is always a lot happening in our reality, but we can only focus on so much at once. So clock ticking stops, the flavor begins to dull and the music not as loud as our thoughts.
Quote:
When we die, it is not we who leave, but rather our reality which changes.
Quote:
Resistance is not in thought, resistance is in focusing. Resistance is a mechanism of focusing, like a shutter blocking out the light. So long as we remain in an attitude of discouragement, it is comparable to having our foot on the break peddle while we steer the wheel in the desired direction. If we could instead accept that it does not matter the contents of the thought so much as it matters allowing the flowing, and thus passing, of the thought, then we could move in a desired direction.
Quote:
Smart is the mind having content or most generally the ability to meet some subjective standard. Intelligent is what we all are.
Quote:
Beautiful, smart, strong or wealthy are all just different genres of what is wanted and are variables for value. Even relative to one particular perspective, context means they are not always proving valuable.
Quote:
We are all stupid. Sometimes deliberately, sometimes by default. In order to focus we have to exclude information, stupidity has value but it's value is relative to what we want, in the end.
Quote:
Beauty is not in any subject but rather a sensation we feel about the subject. The subject itself is a sensation just as an emotion is a sensation, and there are countless different sights, sounds, feelings, smells and so on, all sensations. Sensations that form relationships by the perceiver.
Quote:
If the canvas is not allowed to be blank then there is no room for a new painting. Just as restlessness through the process of creation is unnecessary, so is restlessness during the time between creations. The space there has a lot of value. The initial canvas is the mind, and if that is not allowed to be blank, there is no room for the vision.
Quote:
Some of our actions are clearly justified, but every one thing as labeled or measured by the human perception is actually many more, smaller things. It is in these small things that we find no justification, for they have not been done deliberately from our conscious mind. So many increments of our life are seemingly serendipitous and we do not notice.
Quote:
Any attempt to complicate the truth in words misunderstands that no word language is universally understood, and the true experience of understanding is had elsewhere.
Quote:
All actions are the same no matter how different they seem, in that each motion is the result of a degree of alignment/ love/ confidence. To be unwavering. To be steady. Each motion is divided into frames and frames, many increments, each having a potentially different characteristic depending on a foundational mechanism of resisting or allowing. This mechanism is perhaps a quality of the basic medium of our reality.
Quote:
For those things which we do without justification, or the increments of those things, why are they the way they are?
Quote:
Our creative attention massages shapes of love into the world.
Quote:
Life provides new arenas for you to star in. The role you play is yourself, not in looks or mannerisms, but in conviction. To be you in comfortably new ways, as if nobody is looking. We please more people when we pay no mind to them. We create better art when we're expressing a well-honed opinion.
Quote:
There is incessant unity below all differences.
This thread intends to have a vibe.

Quote:
We don't want to be moved, and so we seek conditions in which we are less affected by outside factors. Depending on our outlook, how seriously we take things, life will move us to tears, or to tears of laughter. But life is the wind in our hair, life is motion. Life is affective.

Quote:
Can we validate what we didn't experience? How cohesive is our world when we are constantly tuning in and out of it? Sometimes completely ignoring it. Then where is it?
Quote:
When we adopt an attitude of curiosity, we accept more easily the potential contents of life and occupy a more proactive stance with a greater sense of power. We also take our attention away from ourselves, and without our own survival taken into consideration we alleviate a lot of stress. Life becomes an interesting show or play.
Quote:
We are little mind worlds attracting to us the likes of what we've summoned internally.
Quote:
Just as we may not see the transformation taking place in the caterpillar's cocoon, there is invisible growth happening in all of us. A transformation of perspective.
Quote:
In order to focus we need to relax. Focusing is always occurring, but in it's deliberateness it requires passiveness. When we relax into the moment the moment expands and a new level of detail is entertained by our conscious attention. We sooth the restlessness.
Quote:
The more we need agreement with others, and require the leveling-out of our opinions, the more work we have climbing to the top of that mountainously particular standard. But the world is always perceived through our own tinted lens, our own opinion of ourselves always prevailing. Beauty is not in the subject but rather a sensation experienced by the perceiver, and the opinion is always relative to one's unique perspective. The sophistication of our opinion does not require such wide-spread sampling. We can be the stars of our own show, for everyone's validation is always too much for one person and their appreciation may be blocked by our own opinion or emotion.

Last edited by larafan25; 22-09-19 at 16:35.
larafan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-19, 15:04   #2
Tomb Raidering

I don’t know, but this phrase from Rise always makes me thoughtful:
Quote:
Mankind shall be judged, non-believers turned to ash. Those who believe, shall be given... life eternal...
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-19, 15:07   #3
larafan25

What do you think it means?
Old 29-08-19, 15:10   #4
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by larafan25 View Post
What do you think it means?
I know that it talks in the context of the Kitezh myth. But as a real sentence that someone would say, it makes me question the religions of the world.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-19, 11:08   #5
larafan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
I know that it talks in the context of the Kitezh myth. But as a real sentence that someone would say, it makes me question the religions of the world.
Mhm. I think there are more religions than the ones we commonly think of, I mean I think we all have our own individual religions. But I guess at the heart of it all, there are fighters and peace-makers.
Old 31-08-19, 17:14   #6
OrangeJuice

Quote:
If the canvas is not allowed to be blank then there is no room for a new painting. Just as restlessness through the process of creation is unnecessary, so is restlessness during the time between creations. The space there has a lot of value. The initial canvas is the mind, and if that is not allowed to be blank, there is no room for the vision.
this is on sum lucio fontana type of head****ery

and i 100% feel it
OrangeJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-19, 02:05   #7
larafan25

A new thread.

Quote:
Everything just is, nothing is justified.
Quote:
It is the mechanics underlying the scenario that hold all of the power.
Quote:
We are not here to learn what we think we are here to learn. We are here to be given one thing, the Artist's realization. An increasingly lucid blank canvas moment in which reality can be created new again.
Quote:
The mind is not in the body, the body is in the mind.
Quote:
No matter what you have, you cannot enjoy it if you do not know how to enjoy.
Quote:
There is an unfathomable amount of diversity in this world.
Quote:
That which I feel is lacking in a relationship is that which I am not giving.
Quote:
There is no place that is separate from the viewer. Every place has diversity, and while we can dull or lack sense of our opinion, there is always an opinion. Something will always move according to some relationship.
Quote:
I have forfeit the race to becoming the next best anything. It is increasingly impossible and it seems the smarter I get the harder it is.
Quote:
The lucid moment is the source of all true satisfaction.
Quote:
When we realize the artist's moment, awakening into the lucidity of the present moment, we can then do the simplest acts with deliberateness. Deliberateness is the source of great satisfaction, and when we achieve what we have intended, we will feel fulfilled. But these deliberate acts do not need to be big, they can be anything, like washing our hands or brushing our teeth. These are all valid opportunities for practicing a feeling of power in our life.
Quote:
The purpose of a sign is to wake us up.
The way we create a sign is by giving a moment of lucidity to something.

Quote:
This is a giant, intricate organism with which we are an inseparable piece of. Eating us alive. Endless, eternal motion. Inescapable motion. Eh... we are cradled in a womb of craziness.
Quote:
There is great comfort in the fact that we all miss so much. There are too many places, too many people, too many potential experiences. What we do experience is so small. We don't need to fear missing out on something when there is too much to miss out on. It's just impossible to be or do it all. And so we can do just what we do but with more satisfaction.
Quote:
The body is in the mind.
Quote:
There are experiences we have not had, which others have had, these are paranormal.
Quote:
We seem to go through a phase where we have to tear apart our mental take on reality to build a better one that supports our continued living.
Quote:
This is a time when we transcend a subject-matter-oriented take on life to realize conscious, deliberate interaction with who or what we truly are, which is focusers. To participate in the medium of focusing deliberately.

Quote:
Our inspirations or impulses are providing us with something we have asked for, and they are leading us to it through our own unique path of least resistance.
Quote:
It is important to validate ourselves, no matter where we are relative to our desires.
Quote:
When we focus, we exaggerate the subject. We cannot avoid an experience of relativity.
Quote:
Once we have gained enough experience and perspective, we have a medium to work with, we can re-write our take on reality. Creating a new reason for where our head turns and our eyes land. Essentially creating a brand new reality for ourselves.
Quote:
Mostly I like thinking. I have accepted this about myself. I do other things though, and who knows for how long this will last.

Last edited by larafan25; 22-09-19 at 17:42.
Old 11-11-19, 01:38   #8
larafan25

Bonjour

Quote:
In any moment we have the choice to pick up a struggle, and we can immediately affect the intensity of the struggle.
Quote:
Beyond our own internal intentions and desires, we are granted limitation and freedom in our unique relationship with the world around us. A world which we are, and is us.
Quote:
When we have mastered a skill during a more primitively conscious stage of our experience, it is a skill that is not gained with the use of as much deliberate focus. Increasingly, a sense of nowness and deliberateness is the cause of stepping back and taking more content into conscious consideration. Working with more medium. Like an instrument with more strings or keys.
Quote:
We may find ourselves in a phase where our attention wanders and never really stays anywhere, never really finding a home. Then comes a phase when we see that the experience of shallow relationships, one after the other, has become redundant, and our validly hungry consciousness yearns to soak in the details of where it may be. And that those details may be the same anywhere.
Quote:
Everything is natural.

Quote:
"Mistakes" are just a way of tinting the past with regret. In reality, intense, irreversible change is constantly happening, potentially valuable action mis-used or wasted. This is no different than the paint "wasted" by the painter who is still learning. It is simply necessary practice in a life we somehow chose, the feels as though it chose us.
Quote:
Missing one thing can cause us to miss everything else in life, before we know it, our life is made up of the lack of all that we desire.
Quote:
We are the missing piece in our life...

Quote:
We have outwitted space already, by having a mind, and time being a measurement of spacial happenings means that it too holds little fight against the mind's infinite expansiveness. Time says we are being digested by our world, but in each new moment this mind contains more and more potential exemptions of this inevitable fate.
Quote:
Everything is here for some valid use at some perfect time.
Quote:
Our opinion is valid. Our restlessness is valid. But this present moment is integral to all that we desire. And so it is not invalid. No matter how far it seems to be from what we want.
Quote:
We're always in our own bubble. There's a lot that we don't experience as individuals, and so we're always sort of fighting against our own fight and losing the things we leave...

Quote:
Words, no matter how crazy or ugly are a valid expression of the inner world, comparable to paintings. We can get lost in the cinematic imagery of our mind, and step back to a more freeing perspective. The same can be done about our incredibly fictitious mental narrative.
Quote:
Maybe, sometimes, our reality is so good that there's nothing better to come up with, so we come up with worse things...
Quote:
If we are missing one thing, in that moment we miss anything, and if that moment lasts long enough, we miss everything.
Quote:
A positive or negative attitude underlies the circumstances of our perceived reality... we can look at a mess and declare it as valid, valuable, important, useful, maybe even delightful. The catalyst for something amazing.
Quote:
When something becomes fashion it loses it's ritualistic value.
Quote:
When we separate ourselves from the rest of our world and pit our values against each other, we only confuse ourselves, for our own personal values are derived from that world with which we have ever-changing agreement and disagreement informing the meaning of one's own values.
Quote:
Art, or work which is seen to be fundamentally unnecessary to the survival of human society, is a secret in plane sight. It is a representation of the enduring soul through the darkest of times. A work who's value is always shining, not the uncommon delight of those rich enough to bask instead of starve, but the force that moves all.

Last edited by larafan25; 12-02-20 at 01:19.
Old 16-02-20, 19:07   #9
larafan25

This is on my mind today...

Quote:
Sexual orientation is not sex-oriented. For some of us, our view of sexual orientation is based on a black-and-white take on sex (one could say "body gender"). But, just as black and white people are not really checkers, men and women are not really black-and-white. Our skin colours are really a gradient of brown. Brown that changes as we live. Brown that is contextual according to environmental factors. And the same dynamic qualities pertain to sexual orientation. Not just dynamics, but static (to the degree that anything is) diversity of a microscopic nature.
Quote:
It is easier to love others when we find something that we're good at. And redundantly, when we find that we're good at something, we become great at loving.

Quote:
Love honestly by setting the tone, practicing the tone, and then radiating with the unconscious subtleties of that appreciation.
Quote:
When we fall newly in love with someone... when we love newly... we are forgiving that person. We are giving that person an opportunity to be born again in the eyes of love. Sometimes, those we find hardest to forgive, are the ones of whom we want the most from. We forgive each other every day. We forgive hurt who's scale is eternally relative to the size of it's moment, a pain who's depth cannot be compared by any standard measurement. But we cannot enjoy pain, as it is initially experienced. Though we can escape it's throbbing presence enough to see clearly. And we can re-write the heartbreak so as to support the momentum of a positive future.
Quote:
Increments of consciousness. To awaken again and again with increasing frequency. To welcome the discomfort of refreshment. That is to live, rather than sleep.

Quote:
Start yourself more, stop yourself less.
Quote:
A fear of not getting what we want causes us to question the beautiful diversity of values.
Quote:
Seeing the loss of another changes one's values.
Quote:
No tonic can dilute one's willingness to die.
Quote:
Life is a fantasy you have to buy into it.

Quote:
It reveals that there are more subtle increments of beauty...
Quote:
Part of love is re-wrapping ugly stuff.
Quote:
At least, we can look at ourselves positively.
Quote:
Why can't people know me.
this is just my thoughts flowing because I am creatively stifled <3

Quote:
They keep telling you that it's all flames but you go that way anyway.
Quote:
Love does not grow apart.
Quote:
So much eludes us, but we have nothing other than conviction, knowing...
Quote:
Lost in the medium of thought...
Quote:
How did I know it was my cat?
Quote:
Break apart and start again.
Quote:
Instead of missing the things you want, love the things you want.

Quote:
No matter how deep we nestle our attention into reality... no matter how many increments by which we expand the breadth of our reality... there is interesting detail. At least eventually. We are small but big.

Last edited by larafan25; 27-02-20 at 00:41.
Old 17-02-20, 20:57   #10
Marcus T

Quote:
They keep telling you that it's all flames but you go that way anyway.
Experience is the best teacher...
Seeing is believing...

instantly came to mind on reading it...
Marcus T is offline   Reply With Quote