Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Fan and Community Showcase

Old 23-01-20, 18:57   #21
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
This may be unpopular, but my fav butler is LAU Winston. He’s the middle ground: not too fatherly like Reboot Winston and not too slavish like Classic Winston.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateFan View Post
So, if I got it right, there are three doppelgangers, and one of them is the Queen? And she is the Queen because of her "symbolic" father? How is that? Interesting story, I would like to read more. *Von Croy voice* Or do you wish to stop for... tea?
Thank you! And... definitely not... ^.^
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Woman View Post
HarleyCroft - Great analogy............. soooooo funny.
Isn’t it?

Chapter 5 ~ The Union {Continued}
“Welcome to my most modest dwelling!” Destined Lara inhaled and sighed simultaneously. Her voice was abnormally breathy and whiney. This angered the already-furious Classic Lara, “But you could keep your mouth shut!”
“Hello to you too,” Destined Lara got cocky. Butler Rourke was amazed and shocked at the same time. LAU Lara tried to calm Classic Lara down.

Butler Rourke left to steep some tea for the guests, and Destined Lara guided them through the manor.

— “Sorry about the state of this room. I haven’t renovated in 20 years.”
— “All of these sound so familiar,” said Classic Lara.
Then she remembered. These were all alterations of her famous lines - ‘Welcome back to my humble abode. Feel free to take a look around,’ and ‘Ah... The main hall. Sorry about the crates. I'm having some things put into storage, but the delivery-people haven't been yet.’ “Stop copying me!” Classic Lara literally bursted!

— “Better keep your distance then,” said Destined Lara audaciously.
— “We’ve come to warn you about something.” LAU Lara tried to change the subject.
— “What’s the matter?” asked Destined Lara.

— “So these doppelgangers returned to our lives to get their past due revenge, all because of LAU Lara?!” commented Destined Lara.
— “I can’t believe we’re in the same opinion!” smiled Classic Lara, only to frown again and turn her face away from Destined Lara like a sulky infant.
— “Why can’t any of you understand me? I’m tired of trying to explain myself. What have you done that benefited us? You {to Classic Lara} literally burned your doppelganger in lava just like me and you {to Destined Lara} got terrified of your doppelganger like a 3-year-old!” LAU Lara preached facts.

Just as they were going to get in a seriously big fight, the door knocked. “Must be my doppelganger! I’ll show her who’s smart,” declared Destined Lara. Classic Lara and LAU Lara hid in Richard’s study upstairs.
Destined Lara opened the door, revealing the Reboot Doppelganger. “Long time no see,” was Reboot Doppelganger’s first words. “W-h-a-t do you w-a-n-t-?” Destined Lara asked the obvious. The Reboot Doppelganger babbled and rambled on. She literally told the same stuff that the LAU Doppelganger explained to Classic Lara. “Uh-huh,” affirmed Destined Lara as if she was listening.
The Reboot Doppelganger finally finished her discourse and went off to impart the new, juicy gossip to the other doppelgangers.

— “Imbecile!” claimed Destined Lara, closing the door.
— “We’ve heard everything and we’re proud of you!” explained LAU Lara.
— “Me too, my Mistress!” Butler Rourke flattered his platonic love.
— “Not me,” said Classic Lara...

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 27-01-20 at 21:23.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-20, 15:02   #22
HarleyCroft

Aw, Classic Lara is being so snooty to her sister/clones. You'd think she'd be excited for another adventure!

I'm ready for what happens next! Who makes the first move.. the Laras or the Dopples? (AngelinaLara would definitely be proactive against the enemy )
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-20, 18:05   #23
MBog

I've just read through all the episodes and it's so incredibly funny and accurate
Only referring to reboot Lara as " Destined " Lara makes me laugh so much, it's amazing Well done
MBog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-20, 00:09   #24
NoahCrofRaider

Ah, a nice read! It’s interesting to see all three Lara’s interacting, and I really like how you wrote them. Their interactions are funny, especially with classic Lara acting like the annoyed big sister haha!
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-20, 11:14   #25
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
Aw, Classic Lara is being so snooty to her sister/clones. You'd think she'd be excited for another adventure!
You know? I’d like to call them sisters too! But, I’m honestly vigilant. I am positive that the hardcore fans would bash me...

Quote:
I'm ready for what happens next! Who makes the first move.. the Laras or the Dopples? (AngelinaLara would definitely be proactive against the enemy )
I’m curious too... Who makes the first move? And what is the first move?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBog View Post
I've just read through all the episodes and it's so incredibly funny and accurate
Only referring to reboot Lara as " Destined " Lara makes me laugh so much, it's amazing Well done
Thank you for your kind words! I’m glad that you like it. I love when I cause someone to crack a smile... ^.^
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
Ah, a nice read! It’s interesting to see all three Lara’s interacting, and I really like how you wrote them. Their interactions are funny, especially with classic Lara acting like the annoyed big sister haha!
‘Annoyed, big sister’ is the correct phrase to describe Classic Lara imho. I think they all like each other, tbh...

Chapter 6 ~ The Last Revelation
— “As if you’ve been pleased for once!” Destined Lara was on her way to become the Tomb Raider she was destined to be, it seemed. She continued, “Can’t you be happy for once? Why are you so self-centric like this? You did heroic acts in y-o-u-r universe, you were famous t-h-e-r-e-. But this is m-y universe, and I’m the Lara Croft that’s known h-EE-ee-rr-RR. I don’t know how things go on in your universe, but—“
— “If I had a coconut for every time some lunatic said something like that!” Classic Lara quipped.
— “Did she just call me a lunatic?!” Destined Lara cracked up.
— “I’m sick of you two! Ugh...” LAU Lara lost her patience, “You two will stop this nonsense. Now!” She calmed down and added, “We’re heading off to my manor right away. One of the doppelgangers could be there any minute, and I don’t want them to get suspicious. Understood?”
— “Understood!” Classic Lara and Destined Lara said at the same time. Surprised, they looked at each other.

— “Zip, Alister—” LAU Lara sighed and continued on, “Winston. Meet my variants, Lara Croft and, well... Lara Croft. Call them Classic Lara and Reboot Lara respectively.”
— “Destined Lara,” corrected Destined Lara.
— “Whatever, like it’s so important,” commented Classic Lara.

LAU Lara facepalmed, shaking her head in dismay. Then she started laughing hysterically. She acrobatted her way around until she calmed down. Then she explained everything to the manor folk. Zip was shocked, presumably. But LAU Winston was understanding, “Your father would’ve been proud, Lady Croft. And so would’ve your mother.” He glanced at the Croft Family painting above the chimney for a moment. LAU Lara noticed this, and she started gazing at the painting too.
— “Well, you have my total attention now, I'm not quite sure if I've got yours though. Hello?” Classic Lara ruined the emotional moment.
— “You’ve lost your parents too! That’s the problem, right?” Destined Lara hugged LAU Lara.
— “Thank you for your support,” LAU Lara was trying to stay strong.
— “Ugh, what I have to work with...” Classic Lara complained.

Then the bell rang! “Quick, hide! All of you! Now!” LAU Lara panicked! After tying her shoes and fixing her hairband, she opened the door. “Why, hello there! I’m the Classic Doppelganger. And I’m sent here by The Queen of Doppelgangers,” said the fleshless, ugly creature. “The Queen of who?” LAU Lara played the dumb. The Classic Doppelganger literally revealed the revelation that was getting old at this point, but of course, to keep their evil plan going on she excluded The Queen of Doppelgangers’ real identity. “Interesting. I’m always up for a new adventure!” said LAU Lara. “We’ll discuss the further details and inform you,” the Classic Doppelganger claimed and left.

— “Who makes the next move?” questioned Classic Lara curiously.
Old 26-01-20, 15:51   #26
MBog

Quote:
— “Destined Lara,” corrected Destined Lara.
Omg I can't even
MBog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-01-20, 17:26   #27
Raider8

So i just went through all 6 chapters and I'm hooked. Please bring more. The most funniest parts are: classic lara pissed by the constant drama, destined lara instead of reboot, destined Lara's outdated and copied (cancelled 8th dlc) dialogues and being over dramatic. I'm so dead laughing. what a disaster are they when together!
Raider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-20, 22:40   #28
Tomb Raidering

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBog View Post
Omg I can't even
Classic Lara can’t even...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider8 View Post
So i just went through all 6 chapters and I'm hooked. Please bring more. The most funniest parts are: classic lara pissed by the constant drama, destined lara instead of reboot, destined Lara's outdated and copied (cancelled 8th dlc) dialogues and being over dramatic. I'm so dead laughing. what a disaster are they when together!
Thank you! I’m glad that you like it. Unfortunately, everything has an ending and this story’s ending is nearing.

Chapter 7 - The Beautiful Fugitives
“Of course we! G-o-d d-a-m-m-i-t-, are you insane or what?!” Destined Lara was about to unleash Classic Lara’s wrath. Classic Lara literally boiled, her face reddened. LAU Lara was aware of what was going to happen, but she didn’t know what to do. She was too late already.
*BANG* *BANG* *BANG*

“I’ll show you what this little rat can do!” Destined Lara and Classic Lara fought all day. They were truly professionals at dodging projectiles. Bullets and arrows were nothing to both. “HAH,” Classic Lara sighed after consuming a medipack whilst Destined Lara was behind cover regenerating. It was getting dark and rain started pouring on. Both Classic Lara and Destined Lara stopped the action after noticing this. “We’ll continue this later,” said Classic Lara. “No one’s going to ruin the Croft family name!” nodded Destined Lara.

Both wanted to return to their own worlds, so they approached LAU Lara, whom had an artifact of great power that granted travelling between universes: The Key of Hearts. LAU Lara took out the artifact. And just as they were going to get their wishes, the door rang. And like if that wasn’t enough, the person or people on the other side of the door knocked rather violently! LAU Lara opened the door. It was the police. “What was those gunshots all about, Miss Croft?” asked the young man who knew LAU Lara. He saw Destined Lara and Classic Lara. In a state of shock, the women busted out of the main hall’s window. The police, now not listening to LAU Lara, certified them as suspects.

— “It’s all because of you!”
— “No, it’s all because of you!”

The women were accusing each other. After taking a ride from an helpful driver, they were in London. The Backstreets of London. The police were looking for them and they had to hide. They didn’t know where to go. They didn’t know what to do.

— “The safest place is the rooftops,” said Classic Lara.
— “I can handle that!” Destined Lara was sure of herself.

And so did they climb up. Way high up. Classic Lara saw a little shed on top of a roof across, which seemed to be padlocked. “Could be something useful in there. I need to find a way to prize those doors open,” she thought out loud and found a conveniently placed crowbar nearby. Now the only thing left was to get across there. She saw a wire and commented, “That wire looks like it will take my weight.” Destined Lara found it weird that Classic Lara was talking to herself, but she said nothing because she didn’t want to anger the amazonian.

As they were climbing across the wire, they heard peculiar sounds. It was a police helicopter chasing them! But Classic Lara didn’t mind this. There was an obstacle in front of her way and of course she had to comment: “Press duck to tuck my legs up!” ~ “Are you talking to your imaginary friend in a situation like this!” yelled Destined Lara, trying to get her voice heard by Classic Lara. “Umm, yes,” admitted Classic Lara.

A gun-shot was heard.

To be continued...

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 14-03-20 at 20:20.
Old 30-01-20, 19:58   #29
Raider8

omg. This part has serious Parisian backstreets vibes lol. This is so damn relatable as if a new game is created with nothing but the existing assets and dialogues lol.
Raider8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 00:19   #30
HarleyCroft

Exclamation

But.. who shot the gun??
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote