www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 10-09-19, 01:30   #30971
Yunas Wish
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
One side has an advantage over the other, Friday 13th has Jason, Dead by Daylight has the Killer (Well technically Survivors are stronger in that game)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiz19 View Post
It means one team has several weak guys versing another team that has one strong guy. Think evolve, dead by daylight, Friday the 13th, etc.
Thank you both!

I never played any of those, but I did watch some Friday the 13th footage.

I don't think it's quite my kind of game, unfortunately.

Let's see what Capcom has to say during the TGS, though.
Old 10-09-19, 01:52   #30972
Swiz19
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunas Wish View Post
Thank you both!

I never played any of those, but I did watch some Friday the 13th footage.

I don't think it's quite my kind of game, unfortunately.

Let's see what Capcom has to say during the TGS, though.
I was hoping for Outbreak, but given how this has a big zombie master feel... I'm digging it.

The only two things I'm hoping for is third person survivors and character creation - or at least more characters to select from what was shown. It's a Capcom game, so I can imagine we'll be overloaded with outfits (probs MTX's if they sell the game cheaper). However, those 4 characters are... hideous.
Swiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-19, 02:22   #30973
Daft Raider
Archaeologist

Huh... that was interesting...

Im going to go out on a limb and say its probably not going to be like Outbreak and more so like L4D, I could be wrong tho. Im not so sure thats what I want from RE? But well see.

Im not going to trash this game based on a CGI trailer, Id like to see more before I make a judgment call, but Im going to keep my expectations low, or at least tempered for now.
Old 10-09-19, 08:47   #30974
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

Ill keep an open mind about this game, they've proven they can do mulitplayer games before. I know Operation Racoon City wasnt everyones cup of tea but I did like the multiplayer aspect.
Old 12-09-19, 01:55   #30975
shockwave_pulsar00
Professor

It is indeed a 4 vs. 1 asymmetrical online game like Dead By Daylight/Friday the 13th....except with an extremely horrible UI system.

- Only 4 playable characters.

- Go room by room, while the "dungeon master" sets traps and enemies which they can control.

- RPG number damage.

- Arcadey gameplay/effects.

- Short time limit for room to be cleared with party.

It just looks...boring. This better be a budget price/free2play game or Capcom is trippin'.

Edit: Capcom is also trolling the fanbase who want an Outbreak File 3/Remake.

These are the Character bios from the trailer.

(Thanks to Monkey-man69 from reddit)
Quote:
Samuel : Melee, damage.

A brash andrising star in the local ring Sam seems unstoppable until a critical injury cut his promising career short desperate for any chance of recovery Sam jumped at the opportunity to participate in a clinical trial for a mysterious experimental drug although he regained his physical abilities he now fights not for fame or Glory but for his own life.

January : Hacking, damage.

Genius hacker lone Wolf cynic Jan will take any job as long as it pays well she was commissioned by reporter from the raccoon City tabloid news comment to find evidence of illegal dealings between the RPD and umbrella Jan was maybe a bit too good at her job and mysteriously went missing before she could relay her findings

Tyrone : Tank, damage.

a natural-born leader Tyrone quickly Rose to the rank of Captain after joining the raccoon City fire department while fighting a fire that had broken out at an umbrella factory he disappeared and was thought to have died however Tyrone actually survived and was now being held prisoner in a mysterious experiment facility he now fights to keep himself and others alive in a never-ending series of horrific experiments.

Valerie : Healer, support.

Valerie is a reserve raccoon University graduate student whose breakthrough research on healing technology land her an internship at NEST2. she grew suspicious after one of her colleagues suffered from amnesia after being involved in a top-secret research project before she could unveil the truth Valerie was kidnapped and forced to participate in a series of horrific experiments
They are pretty much talking about Alyssa and Yoko.

Last edited by shockwave_pulsar00; 12-09-19 at 02:15.
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 02:42   #30976
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

... well done Capcom.

I don't know what I thought this game would be but this isn't what I expected. This doesn't look great...

This looks like it should've just been DLC for RE2 anyway. Although it practically a glorified raid mode from resident evil revelations 2
Old 12-09-19, 03:38   #30977
matrix54
Tomb Raider

I want nothing to do with this.

It looks like it should have been RE2 DLC. They should have poured more effort into giving fans what they want instead of making this.

You have people begging for an Ada campaign, and they release a cash grab with RE2 content. They got a high budget CGI trailer for it and everything.
Old 12-09-19, 04:37   #30978
TR1249
Archaeologist

I like this actually as a little side project until RE3 or RE8 come out. I hope I will get chosen for the closed beta.
Old 12-09-19, 04:38   #30979
Daft Raider
Archaeologist

Quote:
“Before starting my hands-on demo with Project Resistance, Capcom made it clear that this was not so much a full product as it was still an idea - and it’s plain to see where that idea was birthed from: a touch of Dead by Daylight/Friday the 13th’s asymmetrical multiplayer, a dash of an escape room challenge gone horribly wrong, with a bit of Left 4 Dead’s focus on constantly moving between safe rooms - and don’t forget the role of an evil mastermind that feels similar to what we once saw in the now-cancelled Fable Legends.“
Capcom... what are you doing? I’m glad I tempered my expectations because that... yeah I’m good. We’ve got enough janky 4v1 asymmetrical games on the market, it truly didn’t need another one. This just seems like such a bizarre thing for them to pour money into making, when they’re not even sure if it’s going to be come a full product. There’s so many other things that Capcom could be doing that fans actually want and they’re over here just throwing **** at the all to see what sticks? Yikes.

And why are they blue balling us with those references to Alyssa and Yoko? They know we want Outbreak and they give us this crap? It’s kind of insulting at this point if you ask me.

Last edited by Daft Raider; 12-09-19 at 04:40.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-19, 04:44   #30980
Grimaldi
Professor

Yikes, I tried to keep an open mind about this, but almost nothing about it appeals to me. The locations, character designs, enemy variety (so far) are all bland and uninteresting.

Heres hoping the seasoned talent at Capcom are working on the next main game while this plays out.