www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Fan Artwork, Pictures, Movies and Writings

Old 11-10-21, 00:56   #1
Tsarina
Explorer

Default Trans Trending Thoughts

Hey all, I have officially started a sub stack, and would love if you guys checked out the first article I wrote. This one is about Dave Chapelle's newest comedy special on Netflix called The Closer.

You don't have to sign up or anything like that, you can just read the text and let me know what you all think! I am going to be writing articles revolving around the trans community that are trending, or just current events that may be going on.

https://kristinakonwerski.substack.c...eb&**********=

Last edited by Tsarina; 31-10-22 at 19:47.
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-21, 22:09   #2
Kidd Bowyer
Student

I actually found this a very thoughtful response to Chapelle's jokes.

I'd like to add my two cents here, that I think that across a lot of the different trans-based jokes, Chapelle seems to imply that trans people and their allies are inherently aggressive and "looking for a fight".

In Joke 1, he says he's worried some of his audience might be angry trans people who're waiting to get upset. In Joke 3/4, he talks about how he believes the woman's mother purposefully sought him out because of his previous trans-related controversies. And in 8, well...You're not the only person who picked up on the implication that the angry tweets contributed to Daphne's suicide.

Anyway, it was an interesting blog post. Thankyou.
Kidd Bowyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-21, 20:12   #3
Tsarina
Explorer

Thank you so much for your response, I wasn't sure if anyone would be interested in reading this or not. I wrote another article after this one as well regarding the Trans youtuber Blaire White in case anyone is interested.
Old 15-11-21, 22:28   #4
Kidd Bowyer
Student

I liked your piece on Blaire White, I thought it was eloquently written, and very digestible, too.

I'm going to say that I'm not a big fan of Blaire's work in general, just because I feel like a lot of her schtick is "Yes, I am a trans woman! But not one of those mean, sensitive ones! In fact, I agree with most of the criticisms that anti-trans people have!"
Kidd Bowyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 20:02   #5
Tsarina
Explorer

I have written a few more articles on my Sub Stack for anyone interested in giving them read <3
Old 31-10-22, 19:47   #6
Tsarina
Explorer

Most recent article is out now for anyone who is interested in reading it. Have spoken about quite a few issues since I started this thread.

https://kristinakonwerski.substack.c...-stewart-trans