www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 11-07-22, 15:17   #11
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Use steam for controller support. You don't have to buy the games from steam to actually use it's controller support. If the games you have aren't from steam you can just add the exe to steams library. Then go into big picture mode with the controller connected to your PC, navigate to the exe in steam and click controller configuration. There you can map the PC keyboard keys directly to the controller. Then start the exe inside steam so your controller settings will apply.

Steam works with all the classics, you can use practically any controller with classic Tomb Raider if you use steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
Not being helpful here.. but you prefer a controller over a keyboard?
I use a controller when my PC is hooked up to my TV.

Last edited by charmedangelin; 11-07-22 at 15:20.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-22, 12:09   #12
NikkySan
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndraHatton View Post
I basically just map the keyboard controls to the controller like it was the PS1. Only difference being; flares are mapped to the left side of the touchpad and I've added left and right movement to the right stick. Kinda simulates modern movement similar to The Last of Us.

Here's a link to the profile xml. if you don't want to fuss with it yourself Tomb Raider 3 Dualshock 4 for DS4Windows
I completely forgot to download this earlier, it works perfectly! Thank you so much!
NikkySan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-22, 13:50   #13
fallenangle
Archaeologist

Original TR3/TLA disc version already has controller support and mapping. With something like Joy2Key even with TR1, the only game that doesn't have built controller support, you can map it as desired.

I go for the authentic TR Playstation DualShock experience and map the games pretty much to match that. As for the PS game versions you still get the d-pad movement controls, I still much prefer to use, but the joysticks work too - left for Movement/right for Look.

On the Playstation I hated the joystick controls, particular for TR3 the first game where they were supported.

But for whatever reason on PC the joystick Movement controls are much better. I often find myself swapping between the d-pad for precision purposes and the left stick for more general use without even thinking about it.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-22, 20:40   #14
Delamo1999
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsters85 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way to use a controller for the pc version of tomb raider 1 2 or 3?
I use a Logitech dual controller for the classic games, and it works perfectly. I used the Logitech profile app to map the controls from the keyboard to the controller. Having the controller makes it a lot of fun, and I prefer it.
Delamo1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-22, 12:47   #15
chakram
Hobbyist

Default Can't map Walk to R1???

Hi all,

Decided to be a bit retro and install TR3 with Lost Artefact onto my Win 11 build. I used DS4 Windows for the first time to recreate the og PS controls as that's how I always played, and everything works perfectly with one exception; no matter what I do I cannot map walk to R1, Lara just jumps instead and I have no idea why. I also have this same problem when launching from Steam and using controller configs from there.

If anyone has any insights or fixes the help would be appreciated, I want to avoid keyboard controls as I have issues with my wrists.

Thanks! ��

EDIT
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndraHatton View Post
I basically just map the keyboard controls to the controller like it was the PS1. Only difference being; flares are mapped to the left side of the touchpad and I've added left and right movement to the right stick. Kinda simulates modern movement similar to The Last of Us.

Here's a link to the profile xml. if you don't want to fuss with it yourself Tomb Raider 3 Dualshock 4 for DS4Windows
I even just tried this with the exact same issue...

Last edited by chakram; 12-11-22 at 12:57. Reason: Update
chakram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-22, 14:06   #16
Garrett_thief
Student

Personally I hate using the keyboard for TR games. I use it for very few games, the exceptions being WoW, Diablo, The Saboteur and the RCT series.

Most people think I'm weird, I play with mouse in left hand and use the direction arrows and keypad. Can't get on with using wasd left-handed.
Garrett_thief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-22, 15:56   #17
fallenangle
Archaeologist

I can understand that whether you're left handed or not.

Using your left hand for the mouse is the more logical set up for right handed people whether we're talking about gaming or general PC use. When your right hand is full of mouse using your left hand for primary keyboard use feels awkward for right handed people.

With a controller the primary movement is by default mapped to the left joystick whilst the more complex and quick button pressing (weapon swaps/jumping/crouching etc) goes to the right hand.

That is effectively what you're doing when using the mouse on your left side.

But you can get use to anything. If you cut your gaming chops during the original Playstation era you had to adapt as at that time there was none of the standardised controller mapping that the next generation of consoles/games (PS2/Xbox/GC) introduced.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-22, 19:30   #18
Delamo1999
Explorer

Quote:
Does anyone know if there is a way to use a controller for the pc version of tomb raider 1 2 or 3?
I have my Logitech Dual controller mapped to all the movements, plus others that I have created. It works perfectly and I never have problems.
Delamo1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:45   #19
JAMJOOM
Historian

Default 1

Quote:
I have been using this for a long time and I love it because it works perfectly without any errors or the need to download compatibility programs
It is also rare and not always found......

Gamesir G3w - G3v

Make sure it is compatible with ps3 and android
In order for it to be suitable with the Windows 10 system, I do not know. I concluded that from myself

Last edited by JAMJOOM; Today at 04:47.
JAMJOOM is offline   Reply With Quote