www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 05-11-21, 23:59   #2031
Jathom95
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
General wonderings:

Do we know the name of the, what, paper? that Luddick reports for?

Shouldn't Lara have been more questioning of Bouchard's random appearance and willingness to help outside the Louvre, when he was just to be a one-and-done contact for some supplies as far as she knew?
For the second one, yeah I see what you mean. Lara's usually pretty good in the classics about having situational awareness.

I suppose Bouchard (assuming you don't make him mad lol) never really gave her any reason to distrust him after their initial encounter. Lara wasn't beneath seeking him out in the first place. And with the whole deal surrounding the mystery of finding out info about Von Croy's death (which is where she has him take her), she probably just takes the help where she can get it. Assuming it might be more difficult for her to get back to his apartment herself while evading the police. He even says he was "trawling police shortwave" (trawling is a type of fishing, so he was "fishing" around the police radio frequencies) and that's how he knew she was there.

Of course, then you run into the issue of how she drove all the way to Prague afterwards without attracting attention lol. They probably just didn't want you to think too much about that one, but I can write it off as that she didn't take any of the high density routes to get there or something. Avoiding as much exposure as she possibly could.

Last edited by Jathom95; 06-11-21 at 00:01.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 00:07   #2032
_Seth
Professor

I do appreciate your encyclopaedic knowledge of AoD. XD

I'm finessing my AoD write up and want a name for Luddick's, -I'm gonna presume - paper, but can't think what.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 03:57   #2033
.snake.
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95 View Post
For the second one, yeah I see what you mean. Lara's usually pretty good in the classics about having situational awareness.

I suppose Bouchard (assuming you don't make him mad lol) never really gave her any reason to distrust him after their initial encounter. Lara wasn't beneath seeking him out in the first place. And with the whole deal surrounding the mystery of finding out info about Von Croy's death (which is where she has him take her), she probably just takes the help where she can get it. Assuming it might be more difficult for her to get back to his apartment herself while evading the police. He even says he was "trawling police shortwave" (trawling is a type of fishing, so he was "fishing" around the police radio frequencies) and that's how he knew she was there.

Of course, then you run into the issue of how she drove all the way to Prague afterwards without attracting attention lol. They probably just didn't want you to think too much about that one, but I can write it off as that she didn't take any of the high density routes to get there or something. Avoiding as much exposure as she possibly could.
Everything about the Louvre is such inane overkill in the end... when it comes to securing the painting I mean.

1) The Cabal basically sends Gunderson and an entire SWAT team in to retrieve the painting from Lara (or Kurtis).

2) Then the Cabal also sends in Bouchard to secure the painting and kill Lara apparently.

3) And then Karel is sort of running his own operation as part of but separate from the Cabal, in order to get the painting from Lara and Kurtis. He's the one who gets it in the end via his shapeshifting skills.

It all just seemed like a bit much of a muchness to me. But that's some of AOD for you.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 04:09   #2034
Jathom95
Archaeologist

That's why I love it lol.
Old 06-11-21, 08:37   #2035
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
So what's the deal with her? Could that been changed -removed when the game was chopped up?
Frankly I think they removed it pretty early when the locations were chopped. According to Murti Schofield's site Boaz hiding the painting was mentioned in the documents from 2000. Back then the reasoning behind Eckhardt killing her was that she kept the painting hidden from him. If you check documents from 2002 and 2003 though the painting is never mentioned, but instead Boaz is killed because she didn't tell anyone that she kept Proto-Nephilim alive.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 12:46   #2036
Jathom95
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Frankly I think they removed it pretty early when the locations were chopped. According to Murti Schofield's site Boaz hiding the painting was mentioned in the documents from 2000. Back then the reasoning behind Eckhardt killing her was that she kept the painting hidden from him. If you check documents from 2002 and 2003 though the painting is never mentioned, but instead Boaz is killed because she didn't tell anyone that she kept Proto-Nephilim alive.
Yes, I've read this as well. It would've been a good reason as well due to how obsessed Eckhardt is with finding it.

But yeah, in retail it's definitely over keeping the Proto alive against a direct order to kill it. We also know she intentionally kept it alive, so that gives credence to the whole "lying to Eckhardt" thing, to me.

Last edited by Jathom95; 06-11-21 at 12:47.
Jathom95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 21:17   #2037
_Seth
Professor

I'm surprised no early beta/alpha/E3/demo builds have made their way online. The classics have had all sorts of weird early builds leaked, you'd think AoD of all games would have had the same.

...Then again, you could probably consider the retail game to be an alpha build in itself. XD
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 21:20   #2038
Jathom95
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Seth View Post
I'm surprised no early beta/alpha/E3/demo builds have made their way online. The classics have had all sorts of weird early builds leaked, you'd think AoD of all games would have had the same.

...Then again, you could probably consider the retail game to be an alpha build in itself. XD
I've often wondered if it even still exists at all.

Gh0stBlade has mentioned for TRAE that after it was cancelled that Eidos actually ordered to have it destroyed. Obviously not all of it was or we'd have never gotten the build we did. But knowing AOD's rocky history, it makes me wonder.
Old 06-11-21, 21:41   #2039
rewak
Professor

There's the tech demo that you can get HERE, but that's about it. Normally a leak comes from an old preview disc sent to a magazine or something but they didn't really do that for AoD, for press it was mostly demonstrations behind closed doors. Probably a wise move considering the response it got when it did come out, can you imagine what would have been written if Eidos gave a press outlet an early build to play with? Not to say there aren't any out there somewhere, but it's probably why there aren't as many as the other games.
rewak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-21, 21:50   #2040
Jathom95
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewak View Post
There's the tech demo that you can get HERE, but that's about it. Normally a leak comes from an old preview disc sent to a magazine or something but they didn't really do that for AoD, for press it was mostly demonstrations behind closed doors. Probably a wise move considering the response it got when it did come out, can you imagine what would have been written if Eidos gave a press outlet an early build to play with? Not to say there aren't any out there somewhere, but it's probably why there aren't as many as the other games.
Especially considering what happened when Jeremy actually did try to demo the game closer to release.