^Please don't give up. It looks amazing
Old 11-07-15, 17:49   #82
peeves
Sage

Those screenshots are breathtaking.
Old 11-07-15, 18:16   #83
MicheleMouse
Explorer

A general thread for AoD is a good idea.

AoD is special for me. Iím trying to remember how I met this game, but I just canít. I wonder what I thought about it back then. Oh well.
All I can say, like others, Iím really sad itís unfinished, furthermore itís butchered. I still dream about a proper, next gen remake (and continuation) of it. OH WELL.

I always try to imagine this remake by the way. I canít help it. For example the beginning... my least favorite part; walking around in the Parisian streets at night. Though if you think about it, it has nothing bad. Just the result... I donít know, not that interesting. But I try to imagine how it would look like today (use some deleted ideas too). Can I write these ideas sometimes here?

The other painful thing for me is that weíll never see the original Lara as a much more realistic character anymore. Iím just thinking about this because of RotTR. Itís a really stupid feeling that she didnít get a chance to reach this point of realism. Okay, Rise Lara also not the most realistic character in the world, but they handle it with as much realism as possible, I guess. I wish the original Lara could have reached this point. They wanted to go that way though, just everything went wrong, and then *poof*. Developer change. Wait! To a certain kind of TRF members: I donít want to start a fight, keep this in mind.

I have a big plan for our fansite: Iíd like to write articles about AoD. What it was originally, and such things. Iíd like to tell much more to people about the truth of this game. But it would be a really, really hard work. o.O So much ideas, deleted things, secrets. Aaand translation. Ah. I donít even know, where I should start. I saw hundreds of threads about this here, but still. xD

At the end of the post...
I made this just for fun. Rise Lara cosplay by AoD Lara. My imagination is weird, donít question it.

[XPS; Photoshop]
Clothes by konradM96
Face by VictorXD; modded by me
Maybe I will make a proper 3ds max render from it later.
MicheleMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-15, 20:43   #84
Aurimas
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllissonLCTR View Post
In my opinion, it's a good game, but leaves much to be desired, especially in graphics and gameplay, Lara commands are very complicated sometimes. I think if they had had more time to finish the game, it would have been far better and would not have been a commercial failure, almost to the point of causing the ruin of the series.
I have not yet finalized the game, so I can not argue much, but that's my opinion about it.
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness sold over 2.5 million copies only on PlayStation 2 and PC. Therefore, I do not think it was commercial failure.

Last edited by Aurimas; 11-07-15 at 20:56.
Aurimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-15, 20:51   #85
peeves
Sage

she does look beautiful in that picture with the mixture of TR6 and TR10.
Old 11-07-15, 21:06   #86
Phlip
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleMouse View Post
I always try to imagine this remake by the way. I canít help it. For example the beginning... my least favorite part; walking around in the Parisian streets at night. Though if you think about it, it has nothing bad. Just the result... I donít know, not that interesting. But I try to imagine how it would look like today (use some deleted ideas too). Can I write these ideas sometimes here?
I would love for you to write up your ideas.

Whenever I play, as much as I love AoD, I find myself re-structuring the game so the pacing in the beginning is better. The short version is that Parisian Backstreets up to Mlle Carvier's Apt would be one action-packed game opening level to really draw the player in, then the ****ty Parisian Ghetto levels would be eliminated with an explanation for Lara to be fast tracked to Bouchard in a cutscene, depicting their meet, and the Cabal, and then the next level would be Louvre Storm Drains.

One day I'll write up the long version.

There are so many tidbits of information we know was to happen, so many fascinating speculative theories and fan writing that if the best of everything was taken and combined, it's possible that a better story could be stitched together than the one we would have gotten.
Phlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-15, 22:15   #87
LateRaider
Professor

I just have to get this out there, Kurtis is sexy. Even with his fringes-for-bangs.
Tomb Raider Forums member #54094 - Always late to the party
LateRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-15, 22:20   #88
Zhyttya
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleMouse View Post

At the end of the post...
I made this just for fun. Rise Lara cosplay by AoD Lara. My imagination is weird, donít question it.

[XPS; Photoshop]
Clothes by konradM96
Face by VictorXD; modded by me
Maybe I will make a proper 3ds max render from it later.
this is beautiful!! she actually looks sexier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LateRaider View Post
I just have to get this out there, Kurtis is sexy. Even with his fringes-for-bangs.
Yes you are right. Kurtis is super charming...i would definitely date him IRL
Old 12-07-15, 14:03   #89
peeves
Sage

Kurtis is awesome. I like him.
Old 12-07-15, 21:29   #90
Evellin
Hobbyist

Smile I was just wondering..

I was just wondering what would you think about a remake of AoD but with a slightly differant story and differant character desings..

for example "Lara" would look like this:

P.S Sorry for my horrible english
Evellin is offline   Reply With Quote