www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-05-20, 22:11   #29841
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter
 
Portugalraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
The subway photo? October 2016 around Halloween
Thank you. That does confirm Eidos Montreal was probably already chosen as the main developed at the time. So Ian Milham was probably hired for Avengers and not Tomb Raider.
__________________
Say no to NFTs in, like, anything!
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 07:53   #29842
FanosCroft
Professor
 
FanosCroft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: bombing Paititi
Posts: 4,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Thank you. That does confirm Eidos Montreal was probably already chosen as the main developed at the time. So Ian Milham was probably hired for Avengers and not Tomb Raider.
well his page does say he worked on both games
__________________
I swear I don’t love drama, it loves ME
FanosCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 11:57   #29843
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter
 
Portugalraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanosCroft View Post
well his page does say he worked on both games
Does it, now? Than it's a bit strange to not be credited at all.

Just checked is LinkedIn page, he says there that at Crystal Dynamics he worked on The Avengers and an project that was still not announced at the time. Maybe that was SotTR, since it was only announced in 2018... But again, at that time SotTR was already in the hands of Eidos Montreal, so maybe it was something else? Who knows, now...

Edit: checked his page, and he doesn't specify Shadow of the Tomb Raider, just "pre-production ideation for the long term future of the Tomb Raider franchise." Maybe he was actually working on the next era of Tomb Raider after the origin trilogy was over? Like how TR2013 and the whole reboot were being conceptualised during TRU's development?
__________________
Say no to NFTs in, like, anything!

Last edited by Portugalraider; 11-05-20 at 12:01.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 12:27   #29844
FanosCroft
Professor
 
FanosCroft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: bombing Paititi
Posts: 4,612
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Does it, now? Than it's a bit strange to not be credited at all.

Just checked is LinkedIn page, he says there that at Crystal Dynamics he worked on The Avengers and an project that was still not announced at the time. Maybe that was SotTR, since it was only announced in 2018... But again, at that time SotTR was already in the hands of Eidos Montreal, so maybe it was something else? Who knows, now...

Edit: checked his page, and he doesn't specify Shadow of the Tomb Raider, just "pre-production ideation for the long term future of the Tomb Raider franchise." Maybe he was actually working on the next era of Tomb Raider after the origin trilogy was over? Like how TR2013 and the whole reboot were being conceptualised during TRU's development?
Well yeah it doesn’t specify SOTTR, I just assumed it is. Maybe you’re right omg, CD gave SOTTR to EM so they can focus work AP and the a small team with Ian start pre production and come up with concepts/ideas for the next TR game. Kinda makes sense to me why he’s not credited in SOTTR, or either he did work on SOTTR but his ideas were scrapped after Chayer took over?
__________________
I swear I don’t love drama, it loves ME
FanosCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 14:43   #29845
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter
 
Chamayoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,671
Default

Would be exciting if Ian already worked on the 4th game.
...At the same time he quitted the project very early so I don't know if it would mean bad or neutral news... Could be the same fate as Ascension again.

Last edited by Chamayoo; 11-05-20 at 14:46.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 15:03   #29846
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter
 
Portugalraider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 6,887
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
Would be exciting if Ian already worked on the 4th game.
...At the same time he quitted the project very early so I don't know if it would mean bad or neutral news... Could be the same fate as Ascension again.
Probably neutral. Better him leave during pre-planning stage because his vision doesn't go well with what the studio really wants to do, than have him compromise down the line. Or maybe he left because of The Avengers.

Also Ascension would be a terrible Tomb Raider game, but a great new IP, but that's a whole different topic.
__________________
Say no to NFTs in, like, anything!
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 15:36   #29847
Tomb Raidering
Professor
 
Tomb Raidering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Pie Titty
Posts: 3,899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Probably neutral. Better him leave during pre-planning stage because his vision doesn't go well with what the studio really wants to do, than have him compromise down the line. Or maybe he left because of The Avengers.

Also Ascension would be a terrible Tomb Raider game, but a great new IP, but that's a whole different topic.
Agreed. Everything about it must go to trash, and while we’re at it why not burn the trash?

Hopefully, they’ll never return to it since it’d be similar to TR2013. 😌
[Another reason I love TR2013, it prevented (and still prevents) that “thing” from becoming a real thing]
__________________
Talk about being your own worst enemy.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 15:40   #29848
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter
 
Chamayoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,671
Default

It's indeed another topic.
Not everything should be put in the bin. Give me giant boss-fights (not necessarely collosseus) and flamethrowers please !!
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 15:43   #29849
Tomb Raidering
Professor
 
Tomb Raidering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Pie Titty
Posts: 3,899
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
It's indeed another topic.
Not everything should be put in the bin. Give me giant boss-fights (not necessarely collosseus) and flamethrowers please !!
No to the monsters and horror theme... then maybe. But, I’d still hate it.

Crystal Dynamics did the right thing with deciding to make TR2013 instead.
__________________
Talk about being your own worst enemy.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-20, 15:56   #29850
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter
 
Chamayoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,671
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
No to the monsters and horror theme... then maybe. But, I’d still hate it.

Crystal Dynamics did the right thing with deciding to make TR2013 instead.
I'll just say I disagree, because it's another topic as we said before.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 19:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.