www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 02-01-21, 10:21   #30341
Princess_Paige
Golden

LAU are the best written games from a technical stand point in the entire franchise.
Old 02-01-21, 12:31   #30342
pitchtheripoff
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Paige View Post
LAU are the best written games from a technical stand point in the entire franchise.
That's true; Lara was probably the best she ever was in LAU. (imo at least )
Old 02-01-21, 13:18   #30343
AimlessThunder
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchtheripoff View Post
That's true; Lara was probably the best she ever was in LAU. (imo at least )
Definitely.
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 18:30   #30344
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess_Paige View Post
I love the story in Legend, Amanda was a great villain and her backstory with Lara and her getting those new powers were amazing, I also think that the story about Amelia was also really good and well developed, Excaibur was so cool and last but definetely not least the locations were beautiful!

On the other hand I felt like Underworld story was not as good as the one in Legend; if felt rushed, the Thor thing was forced, the return of Natla was forced, too and Amanda deserved a better story arc in Underworld than the one she got.
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-21, 18:32   #30345
pitchtheripoff
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
I love the story in Legend, Amanda was a great villain and her backstory with Lara and her getting those new powers were amazing, I also think that the story about Amelia was also really good and well developed, Excaibur was so cool and last but definetely not least the locations were beautiful!

On the other hand I felt like Underworld story was not as good as the one in Legend; if felt rushed, the Thor thing was forced, the return of Natla was forced, too and Amanda deserved a better story arc in Underworld than the one she got.
Amanda's arc in Underworld was painfully mediocre. Underworld does feel like a poorly thought out way of combining Anniversary and Legend together. While seeing Lara go absolutely mad at Natla and Amanda was very fun, that's really the most fun I got from the main story aside from DLC which I can't even play and had to watch videos of.
Old 02-01-21, 20:19   #30346
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
Amanda is still the series best villain.

Not that that's saying much I guess.
Old 02-01-21, 21:52   #30347
yaron
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustyBow View Post
Amanda is still the series best villain.

Not that that's saying much I guess.
I think Natla is better. Her voice actor just nailed the roll.
Old 03-01-21, 02:24   #30348
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

While I still really love Natla, I'm in the minority that actually thinks the reboot villains are the best ones of the franchise. They always had a bit of a twist to them which I liked (Mathias doing what he thought he had to get escape, Konstantin being manipulated by his sister and Amaru rising all the way to Trinity leader to protect Paititi) and all of them were 'the good guys' in their own eyes.

I also really like some of Mathias' lines:
"Do you think that you're the hero Lara? Everything I've done I did to survive, how many lives have you taken to do the same? There are no heroes here, only survivors"

And I dunno how you guys think Amanda is the best villain in the franchise, she is just some wannabe goth dumbass who is obsessed with Lara and needs some therapy asap. Homegirl literally digging through Lara's trash (Atlantis) while still being incredibly bitter over something that Lara is totally in the right all the while claiming she isn't. Bitch I dunno who you think you're fooling
Old 03-01-21, 10:32   #30349
RAID
Tomb Raider

I actually can't think of any villain worth the title in Tomb Raider, apart from Von Croy in TR4. I liked the story arc of the mentor becoming the nemesis and then **** hit the fan when he got possessed by Seth.
RAID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 10:46   #30350
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Sam had so much potential, she had this amazing backstory of being Lara's best friend and after Yamatai she could have become the new Amanda with her new Himiko powers... just imagine what an amazing boss battle they could have made!

But instead, they made her disappear from the games and made her story arc in the comics... (which wasn't that epic, she deserved better)
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote