www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 11-04-22, 13:38   #30741
killchan
Professor

I can think of many milestones, not a defining moment. It was all a marketing prop
If no one from SE/EM said "defining moment", no one would have noticed/cared.
Old 12-04-22, 12:19   #30742
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider

Defining moments:
- First kill in Yamatai;
- Mentor's death;
- Acknowledging magic and the supernatural do exist;
- Deciding not to change the world, accepting the past is past.

I'm sure Rise must have something too. The realization that her step-mother was a traitorous bitch, perhaps? :/
Old 12-04-22, 13:37   #30743
HarleyCroft
Professor

Har, I remember how everyone wanted to know her "defining moment", I opened up a thread too

I personally think it's the Croft Manor flashback when she raids her first tomb (her mother's) and her Dad "kills himself", making her an orphan.

It says EXPERIENCE LARA CROFT'S DEFINING MOMENT on the back of my North American PS4 copy.. they were trying to do something with it, we just never found out what

Last edited by HarleyCroft; 12-04-22 at 13:47.
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-22, 08:42   #30744
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

If her defining moment is down to interpretation of the player, then they haven't done a very good job.

It was all for marketing.
Old 13-04-22, 16:29   #30745
HarleyCroft
Professor

It was probably meant to be that one shot of Lara they used for marketing (you know the one. We all know the one) but when the actual game came out it wasn't very defining at all in context. She killed a little more emotionlessly than usual and then broke down in self-pity at the end. (Actually.. that might be the definition of reboot Lara. Her defining moment indeed)
Old 15-04-22, 09:07   #30746
Soma Holiday
Relic Hunter

I feel like if I start a thread about this is would get deleted so I'm just curious. Has anyone played the new Horizon game? I was shocked at how ugly some of the outfits were in that game. It made me appreciate the Shadow of the Tomb Raider outfits which I know most people, myself included, thought were pretty ugly.

But holy smokes they don't even remotely come close to some of the hideous outfits in the new horizon. There were only like 3 out of 40+ outfits I even wanted to wear at all in that game.

https://imgur.com/a/GSF0TzC
https://imgur.com/a/TsV6zzY
https://imgur.com/a/V0ovpCJ
https://imgur.com/a/7xxbOGn

I don't even know what I'm looking at there geez.

Last edited by Soma Holiday; 15-04-22 at 11:12.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-22, 10:10   #30747
Rai

I don't know anything about Horizon, is there a reason why she's wearing outfits like that, a setting or story context? Are those ones optional?
Old 15-04-22, 10:55   #30748
Soma Holiday
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
I don't know anything about Horizon, is there a reason why she's wearing outfits like that, a setting or story context? Are those ones optional?
It's a jungle/tribal setting similar to Shadow and you get to chose the outfits you wear, but imo they are really ugly to the extreme, even compared to the shadow ones. But I will admit at least they don't force you to wear them through most of the game like Paititi.
Soma Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-22, 16:45   #30749
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
In short Rai, it’s in a time where the world has ended and is taken over by machines. It’s like the year 3040 ish. There was a plan for the machines to basically remake the world, but something happened and everything went south. So a majority of the outfits are tribal, some have machine parts etc. You can change the color of them too and also do face paint. There is also a tribal feel to the weapons too. The game(s) are good, once I played the first one I became a fan lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma Holiday View Post
It's a jungle/tribal setting similar to Shadow and you get to chose the outfits you wear, but imo they are really ugly to the extreme, even compared to the shadow ones. But I will admit at least they don't force you to wear them through most of the game like Paititi.
That’s not completely true lol, they aren’t all ugly and it’s not just jungle setting either. All of the outfits in Horizon are tribal aside from one in the FW, but I still will consider that sort of tribal. Since they are tribal like there really isn’t much of a need to force you to wear any other type of outfits. At least in Shadow, you did have access to modern clothes at the beginning lol. Paititi just shoehorned them in and forced it on us lol.

Last edited by AntRaidsTombs; 15-04-22 at 16:59.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-22, 17:42   #30750
LNSNHGTDS
Tomb Raider

Horizon as a whole always seemed pretty boring and uninspired to me. I don't know how or why it ever got so big (though I'm guessing it has a lot to do with being a Sony product) but people like what they like I guess.