www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 23-09-22, 20:08   #261
Rai
Moderator
 
Rai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: In a bubble outside the universe
Posts: 35,928
Default

Netflix have a 90 minute show and game showcase at the Game Awards. Despite what I say above, is there any hope for TR?
__________________
"Who we are is not what we wear, or what sparkles. It's our spirit that defines us."
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-22, 20:22   #262
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter
 
Chamayoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 8,681
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Netflix have a 90 minute show and game showcase at the Game Awards. Despite what I say above, is there any hope for TR?
Could be, if the show will be ready for this winter or spring.
__________________
Lost Artifact, Beneath the Ashes, Lara's Shadow and Ana Pure Hair for everyone
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-22, 01:39   #263
HarleyCroft
Professor
 
HarleyCroft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Coulrophilia
Posts: 3,484
Default

Seeing what Netflix did with Arcane makes me feel positive about the upcoming show

Although TBH my attention waned after a few episodes but I think it's because of my general disinterest in science fiction. It's a pretty show though

Also! Best video game to Netflix adaptation of all time: The Cuphead Show! They did real good with that one but it's possibly because they had next to no existing plot or characterization to work with and could do anything they wanted pretty much.

This anime has potential to be better than all 3 TR movies combined
I mean that could be said about anything but the bar has been pretty low the past 20 years for TR. Netflix has come up with really good stuff, I'd probably get an account even if it didn't have a library of licensed movies. (To be fair Netflix has produced some crap too lol)
__________________
Well if that ain't aren't the isn't

Last edited by HarleyCroft; 24-09-22 at 01:48.
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-22, 11:35   #264
biscuits
Relic Hunter
 
biscuits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 5,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
Seeing what Netflix did with Arcane makes me feel positive about the upcoming show

Although TBH my attention waned after a few episodes but I think it's because of my general disinterest in science fiction. It's a pretty show though

Also! Best video game to Netflix adaptation of all time: The Cuphead Show! They did real good with that one but it's possibly because they had next to no existing plot or characterization to work with and could do anything they wanted pretty much.

This anime has potential to be better than all 3 TR movies combined
I mean that could be said about anything but the bar has been pretty low the past 20 years for TR. Netflix has come up with really good stuff, I'd probably get an account even if it didn't have a library of licensed movies. (To be fair Netflix has produced some crap too lol)
Netflix had nothing to do with Arcane. They just distributed it.
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-22, 13:58   #265
HarleyCroft
Professor
 
HarleyCroft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Coulrophilia
Posts: 3,484
Default

^aw, I was giving them credit for producing Arcane but you're right.
__________________
Well if that ain't aren't the isn't
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-22, 18:12   #266
Moon-Safari
Tomb Raider
 
Moon-Safari's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New York City Gender: Male
Posts: 10,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
Seeing what Netflix did with Arcane makes me feel positive about the upcoming show

Although TBH my attention waned after a few episodes but I think it's because of my general disinterest in science fiction. It's a pretty show though

Also! Best video game to Netflix adaptation of all time: The Cuphead Show! They did real good with that one but it's possibly because they had next to no existing plot or characterization to work with and could do anything they wanted pretty much.

This anime has potential to be better than all 3 TR movies combined
I mean that could be said about anything but the bar has been pretty low the past 20 years for TR. Netflix has come up with really good stuff, I'd probably get an account even if it didn't have a library of licensed movies. (To be fair Netflix has produced some crap too lol)
Just checked Arcane out last night due to your recommendation. It was pretty excellent. Eventually lost my interest because my brain turned off once I started seeing too much superhero movie filler. But if TR used that style it would be amazing. I also don't mind hand drawn as long as it's very fluid and not the obvious flash puppet garbage that gets paraded out as animation but it's not.
__________________
Whosoever is delighted in solitude is either a wild beast or a god -Aristotle
Moon-Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-22, 18:36   #267
HarleyCroft
Professor
 
HarleyCroft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Coulrophilia
Posts: 3,484
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon-Safari View Post
Just checked Arcane out last night due to your recommendation. It was pretty excellent. Eventually lost my interest because my brain turned off once I started seeing too much superhero movie filler. But if TR used that style it would be amazing. I also don't mind hand drawn as long as it's very fluid and not the obvious flash puppet garbage that gets paraded out as animation but it's not.
YES I think the most notable thing is the art style, it absolutely blew me away.
I watched until
The time skip and Powder is now Jinx
and the plot and characters were alright, the themes were really interesting but the thing that I would want used most as inspiration if not full-on replication (by hiring the same team) would be the animation.

Not just because that version of Lara would probably be the most physically attractive Lara since Andy Park or Angie's depictions, but the direction and enormous colour pallette would be great. For some reason licensed music used in TR had never meshed well for me -except Spitfire by The Prodigy which had vocals but barely any lyrics- which Netflix likes to throw into everything would be okay with me too.
__________________
Well if that ain't aren't the isn't

Last edited by HarleyCroft; 24-09-22 at 18:38. Reason: AoD Lara was hot too in 2003 but she wasn't as realistic so she doesn't count
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-22, 19:40   #268
Amunet
Archaeologist
 
Amunet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 2,424
Default

I think I've mentioned Arcane here before as well. I loved that series! And I would definitely LOVE it if TR's animated series had an art style similar to Arcane!

I really don't want it to look like some of the other animated series on Netflix, like Castlevania or DOTA for example. But then again, Arcane's animation is so unique I'm not really hopeful TR will be anything like it...

I really wish we could have a little teaser just to see what style they're going with for the animation.
__________________
"If it's unique or exciting, I go after it." Lara Croft
Amunet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-22, 20:09   #269
HarleyCroft
Professor
 
HarleyCroft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Coulrophilia
Posts: 3,484
Default

^Lol yes you did, didn't mean to be an idea thief
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...&postcount=169

It's just like.. the best idea ever
__________________
Well if that ain't aren't the isn't
HarleyCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-22, 20:13   #270
Amunet
Archaeologist
 
Amunet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 2,424
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
^Lol yes you did, didn't mean to be an idea thief
https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...&postcount=169

It's just like.. the best idea ever
You know what they say, great minds think alike!
__________________
"If it's unique or exciting, I go after it." Lara Croft
Amunet is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 16:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.