www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 29-07-22, 08:57   #61
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Was obviously talking about the movie rights, not the rights to the entire franchise. No one in their right mind would sell those to a movie studio.

I mean, Square Enix probably would, but they already sold them to Embracer anyways...
Old 29-07-22, 08:57   #62
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

They seem to have a decent working relationship with GK Films so hopefully they can all get on board with a vision for the franchise what works for everyone.
Old 29-07-22, 09:03   #63
joona
Historian

Ohh that's sad I really wanted to see Misha's take on TR. She teased some good stuff. Also, Alicia would have been great again.

Hopefully they get Alicia back, I am not ready to get used to a new actress as Lara!
joona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-22, 09:07   #64
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Lost City was a success though, and fun. Something TR hasn't had for ages.

I'd love for Angie to be back. She needs to eat a bit more though and bulk up. She's too skinny.
It has dreadfull comedy, no chemestry visible between the two leads, poor writing and it was cheap.

Angie can't take the part anymore, it's not 2003.
Old 29-07-22, 09:16   #65
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I think they need to carefully plan this and I think it will take quite some time to fit all the pieces together but they need a good writer for the project that will make something special because that's always been the biggest issue with the films.

At this point I don't think Alicia will be attached because its going to be too long since the 2018 film to keep it in the public consciousness.

They need to focus on the storytelling very carefully too and hopefully they are on board with unity and no more origin or parent stories.

In terms of who will play Lara I don't think it will be Angelina because by the time this goes into production she'll be of a certain age and they'll want to get it right this time and have sequels and Hollywood is still predominently ageist toward female actors.

They might go for someone younger but I'd personally like a 30+ actress or an early forties who can do three films as mature Lara in her ultimate shape and prime.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 29-07-22 at 09:19.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-22, 09:16   #66
Mani_Man
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by .snake. View Post
Lost City was a success though, and fun. Something TR hasn't had for ages.

I'd love for Angie to be back. She needs to eat a bit more though and bulk up. She's too skinny.
Was it a Success? I didnt knew that, i saw the movie and thought it was okay.
A bit forgettable but fun enough.
One of those Lazy Saturday movies you enjoy without having to think too much about it.
Good for the cast, they seemed to have had fun shooting the movie.

I dont know if a fun tone would fit TR, i would tend more to a gritty tone but i guess that is the beauty of TR...in terms of tone you can do a lot.

Angelina Jolie seemed fit enough to me in Eternals, but i have no opinion on her either way when it comes to a possible return to TR.
It would certainly fit this current "nostalgia" thing where "old" franchises return etc.

Something like Salt or so with her as Lara croft would certainly be interesting imo.

Last edited by Mani_Man; 29-07-22 at 09:23.
Mani_Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-22, 09:19   #67
Moon-Safari
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Was obviously talking about the movie rights, not the rights to the entire franchise. No one in their right mind would sell those to a movie studio.

I mean, Square Enix probably would, but they already sold them to Embracer anyways...
Oh I thought with the movies that CD had to approve what goes into it. Like they can't just go crazy and mess up the brand with un-Lara-like storylines.

If you mean lending the right that's different from selling. It could mess up the games continuity if the movies start flopping and taking down the games brand. Selling it means they can do whatever they want with it. Paramount would essentially own TR because the movies reach more mainstream audiences than the games. Games would be second fiddle and lose alot of their power in dictating cannon in peoples minds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
There's always Megan Fox. She's aged a little into the mature Lara people seem to want. And she's cringe with her new man now and into blood sucking sex stuff, same as angie. After all the money she left on the table with Tomb Raider for not wanting to be compared to angie she copies her entire PR strategy. Maybe that means she's ready to be asked again? Probably can't act, but even alicia had trouble delivering some of those lines naturally.

Last edited by Moon-Safari; 29-07-22 at 09:22.
Moon-Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-22, 09:23   #68
PinkyPromise
Professor

I always said it... the rights! TR has a very short period to use their rights and MGM was going to lose them. That has finally happened.

I just hope TR doesn't end up on Streaming. Netflix would be the WORST thing for TR. A cheap 2-season series that ended up being canceled with a bunch of cheap actors and a multiracial Lara Croft.

Paramount is not a bad option. They have the rights to both of Angelina's movies and they would have seen how profitable those movies are now! They sure would like to have the franchise again

WB I really doubt. They didn't want to support TR2... it would be weird if they wanted the movie.

Legendary would not be a bad option. Kong movie had a lot of TR vibes.

I really like Universal (The Mummy movies!)

Unfortunately, I understand the reboot. TR2018 was very tied to TR reboot and now that is past. Surely they want to approach the film with the idea that the public has about TR: tombs full of fantasy, action... like AJ movies

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 29-07-22 at 09:36.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-22, 09:29   #69
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

This news does make me slightly more excited to see Hayley Atwell in the role for the anime she's in the public consciousness with her Marvel work and oozes Classic Lara.
Old 29-07-22, 09:29   #70
.snake.
Inactive

Quote:
It has dreadfull comedy, no chemestry visible between the two leads, poor writing and it was cheap.
What are you talking about? Everyone has chemistry with Channing Tatum. An old sofa chair would have chemistry with Channing Tatum. A brick would have chemistry with Channing Tatum. The Incan mummy in TR1's caves level would have chemistry with Channing Tatum.

Quote:
She's very skinny, and that makes her look older. But if she bulked up a bit like she did for the first two movies, she'd still do great.

Plus, why does it matter if she has a stunt man/woman? She had a stunt woman for the other TR movies. Lots of actors have stunt doubles and the characters they portray are still a success. Here's Thor:

.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote