Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Crossovers, Tabletop Games and Milestones > Tomb Raider 25

Old 17-01-22, 16:38   #3321
Patrick star

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
AOD featured more urban areas so it they couldn't make it as complex as previous titles. However Hall of Seasons definitely kept the complexity of the older titles, I think this was just done because of the environment change and not so much for the sake of difficulty.
TR3's London was one of the most convoluted and complex areas in TR (albeit in a very bad and uninteresting way imo but that's beside the point), and it was still an urban location, you can design any type of environment in a complex fashion if you really want to.

Quote:
The Classics weren't all that difficult. Aside from TR4, the original trilogy was pretty reasonable to complete. Some would argue that 3 is hard which I can agree with to some extent, but Core titles weren't difficult in the way the Souls games are or difficult in the way Mario 64 could be.
I agree. Difficulty is surely subjective, but TR4 and TR3 were actually the only games I can call difficult. I beat TR1 in one day for the very first time.
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-22, 16:51   #3322
charmedangelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick star View Post
TR3's London was one of the most convoluted and complex areas in TR (albeit in a very bad and uninteresting way imo but that's beside the point), and it was still an urban location, you can design any type of environment in a complex fashion if you really want to.

I agree. Difficulty is surely subjective, but TR4 and TR3 were actually the only games I can call difficult. I beat TR1 in one day for the very first time.
I didn't mention London because I completely blocked that convoluted mess out of my mind. When you put it this way I suppose to more simpler Paris in AOD was also intentional.

TR1 was nearly perfect in everyway when it comes to level design. It's intricate yet simple enough that you don't have to bend over backwards and perform triple backflips in the air to complete.

I would say I find TR5 to be one of the easiest too if not for the glitches and bugs in Red Alert.
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-22, 17:40   #3323
malferink

Wasn't rise's cover art supposed to be revealed today?
malferink is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-22, 17:41   #3324
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by malferink View Post
Wasn't rise's cover art supposed to be revealed today?
It’s still early lol.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-22, 17:44   #3325
.snake.

Yeah and I believe Meagan is on the west coast (California) so it’s still early by US standards.
.snake. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 18:24   #3326
Tombraider95

Reloaded Reimagining Artwork.

She looks so much better here than their other design of looking like a bratz doll. The proportions are better. She looks fooking cool here. The artist did a really good job. Something like this could easily fit classic remakes.

https://twitter.com/tombraider/statu...BO--65bhY_4t7A

https://tombraider25.square-enix-gam...log_SQEXSOCIAL
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 18:45   #3327
biscuits

Oooohhh that one is one of my favs
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 19:03   #3328
Mikky

Super confusing how the game's own artist can create a better version of their Lara and not think "let's use this instead". I've honestly never minded the current in-game model that much and I have gotten used to it, but like, hello? It even retains the art style of the game so it's not like it would look out of place.

Anyway, great piece. The colours pop so well. Weird/ironic that a mobile game would get one of the better pieces but oh well. Also kind of sad there wasn't one for LC Go - why no love for that? Reloaded hasn't even officially launched yet and it gets one!
Mikky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 19:30   #3329
Patrick star

I love it so much! That's how you do a piece with a gorgeous cartoonishly stylized Lara without making it look unnecessarily "cute", out of place, or overly weirdly-proportioned (glares at all previous cartoonish cover re-imaginings), AND looks like it could really be an actual cover of its respective game
Patrick star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-22, 20:24   #3330
jajay119

This, as well as the recently released live experience clearly all use the same model as the remained TR1 and Weta statue models. The style of braid is exactly the same. I think we are certainly getting some subtle references to what Lara will look like moving forward.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote