www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 18-01-22, 17:10   #19191
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

The last time Geek Vibes Nation reported on Tomb Raider was citing info from the Patreon of a known insider. Any info if this is still the case this time?

Also I don't think that it is that unheard of for a movie to get another writer involved even if the main writer is also directing the movie. All movies are a very collaborative work, especially big budget ones, and Misha most probably understands that better than any of us. With some luck she might even had a hand on picking who helped her revise the script, considering she is also the director.

Regardless, hopefully this means it's finally time something happens and we will have official words soon enough!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
Walton Goggins is a great actor but I never felt he got the opportunity to shine with the material like he should have and in my opinion in the small part that Kristin played portraying Ana she was able to scene steal.
Considering the material given, Walter Goggins did the best any actor could do. He still felt menacing considering how bland movie Mathias was written.

Hell, all actors did. Still can't believe that both Alicia and Dominic West sold the daddy-drama so well, despite of how egregious those moments were. It's weirdly enough one of the reason why I dislike those moments so much, I didn't want to get as invested in their relationship as I felt.

Last edited by Portugalraider; 18-01-22 at 17:15.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-22, 18:21   #19192
PinkyPromise
Professor

Geek Vibes Nation... seriously?

We continue to believe news from a portal that has given us a lot of fake news about TR sequel. Aha

Drew Pearce is a awful scriptwriter.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 18-01-22 at 18:23.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-22, 18:55   #19193
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Geek Vibes Nation... seriously?

We continue to believe news from a portal that has given us a lot of fake news about TR sequel. Aha
Look, going a bit as devil's advocate here, as far as we know the info they shared could have easily been true for the cancelled Ben Wheatley version of the movie.

And the info they shared from the Misha Green version came from the Patreon of a known insider, so the source was a bit more trustworthy.

Even if, of course, any rumor and leak should be taken with a grain of salt
Old 18-01-22, 21:38   #19194
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
What question is this of course I'm hopefull I love her
The reason I ask is because Kristin was confirmed as Ana with Ben Wheatley's version (afaik). With the change of script and director, only Alicia has been confirmed to be returning. Sadly we have no idea if Ana is returning or if her absence will be explained. I hope she's back, she really made Ana her own in the short scenes she was in.
Old 18-01-22, 22:12   #19195
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

I'm surprised if they bring a new writer on as DeLuca was clearly pitching Green's version as an auteur writer & director blockbuster as that's his producing style. While I DON'T believe in this source I do believe they've begun storyboarding since October with the person mentioned before and that is usually a good sign.
GeekOfComedy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-22, 07:02   #19196
joona
Historian

God it feels like forever since we saw the first set images of Alicia as Lara. The excitement was something big. Since there is no announcement or any kind of hint about new game any time soon, these little things about the sequel keeps me going! Please please letís hope for some REAL news soooon!!
joona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-22, 07:40   #19197
PinkyPromise
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
I'm surprised if they bring a new writer on as DeLuca was clearly pitching Green's version as an auteur writer & director blockbuster as that's his producing style. While I DON'T believe in this source I do believe they've begun storyboarding since October with the person mentioned before and that is usually a good sign.
If this information is true (I doubt it) I think that Drew Pearce would be simply hired to rewrite action scenes (he has experience in it. Mission Impossible and Fast Furious saga) and Misha does not have that experience.
Old 21-01-22, 19:18   #19198
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I am following TRmovieupdates on Twitter and see they're saying Cara Brower has been added to IMDb as the production designer. I hope with all of this news they're about to announce something!
Cara has disappeared from the TR (2) IMDb page. A mistake she was added?
Old 23-01-22, 11:24   #19199
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Cara has disappeared from the TR (2) IMDb page. A mistake she was added?
Maybe it was too soon

So here's some news about the upcoming documentary about the first movie. It will be released in February hopefully. I have added some new things but I'm struggling a little to finish it with my work happening at the same time.
Old 24-01-22, 07:45   #19200
PinkyPromise
Professor

IMDB is not trustworthy. Anyone registered can write something. Remember that Alexandre Willaume was Conrad Roth for months!

I also want news but I will not believe anything that is not official (and less from GVN or IMBD)