www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 10-02-18, 19:09   #8091
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Suicide Squad was re-edited according to Batman V Superman not doing as well as they'd hoped - so they changed the darker tone of the movie and plugged it with hyper steroids and chopped the movie up into one big long music video.

Let's hope they don't think Tomb Raider won't succeed if it's serious and try to re-edit and reshoot it into being more comedy like the first film.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 19:12   #8092
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombstone View Post
Wb interference was due to zack snyder and the other guys incompetence, snyder is not a good director no matter how hard his looney fans say so, the suicide squad guy also did bright wich had no wb interference and it was still a Dumpster fire. Patty succeeded because she knew what the hell she was doing simple as that.
Amen to this! Especially since so many want the "Snyder Cut" from JL, although it will still be a mess of a movie. Although in that case I also blame WB for the movie being crap for wanting to make is only two hours long. JL needed more than that to at least make more sense. But it would still just be at best an okay movie.

As for Tomb Raider, we didn't hear about post-production drama, aside for some unreliable gossip sites. But the problems with any DCEU movie were well documented even from trustful sources. I'm guessing studio meddling won't be a problem with Tomb Raider. And I think we'll have a 2:00h, 2:10h movie on our hands. Long enough to develop well the stories and characters, but short enough to not having be too much of a drag.

Last edited by Portugalraider; 10-02-18 at 19:50.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-18, 19:18   #8093
Ellioft
Professor

Justice League was because Zack Snyder daughter kill herself so I think even if your direct a movie it can affect you a lot to have a loss like that on your life. The Justice League was supposed to have a dark atmosphere like the others DC movies but then WB hired Joss Whedon to have a lighter tone...

For Suicide Squad the main problem was the script and the editing who was given to a trailer edit company after the goods results of a lighter trailer.

For Tomb Raider we knows the edit will be supervised by Start Baird who's not a bad editor at all (he save what he can from the first LC TR movie).

And since the beginning Roar tells on every interview the story is more important than action so I'm confident they make the right choice.
Old 10-02-18, 19:48   #8094
ccroft2003
Archaeologist

WB won't have half the say on the final TR movie edit than they did with Justice League simply because they are not the only financier to the movie... So are MGM and Square Enix.

I'm pretty sure SE would have the final say over the final edit of the movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
^ I hope so! As well as some Japanese looking temples.

This movie seems to be so packed with content, It has to be over 2hrs long at least. We have scenes of her before Yamatai in London, boxing, doing her courier job, returning to the mansion, going to Hong Kong, the ship journey and wreck, the whole Yamatai segment, being captured, escaping, the rapids and parachute, first kill, discovering Himiko's Tomb, returning to London... I really hope the studio doesn't cram this all into a 1hr 30 minute movie and cut any development scenes to fit the timing.
I think it'll easily be 2 hours long. It's setting up what I think WB, MGM, SE etc want to be a new series of movies, so it needs the time for character development etc. Also, TR: TCOL was over 2 hours long!

Last edited by ccroft2003; 10-02-18 at 19:51.
ccroft2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-18, 12:26   #8095
hope.
Student

Went into work this weekend and this was on display in the foyer!

Old 11-02-18, 12:32   #8096
AimlessThunder
Professor

Awesome! This gives me hope . Snatch it!
AimlessThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-18, 13:09   #8097
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I think the film will honestly be around the 100 minute mark because I think once Lara gets to Yamati it will start moving at a faster pace, I'd say maybe around 30 minutes for the London/China scenes and 70 for Yamatai. If it's longer then that's a bonus.
Old 11-02-18, 13:15   #8098
Ellioft
Professor

Well thanks to the french article we know The Yamatai section is about 70% to 80% of the movie
Old 11-02-18, 13:15   #8099
2001LC20
Inactive

Do you think WB expect much things from the movie?
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-18, 13:17   #8100
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

A new release Date section has opened up on the official website, a few Asian territories are getting th movie eight or nine days early, I'm hopeful that the reviews will start appearing in the next two weeks if that's the case.

https://wbpsites.com/tombraider/us/releasedates/