www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 28-11-21, 20:37   #4001
Rai

I enjoyed this episode. It did feel a little bit like four different episodes rolled into one, so 1, Yaz, Dan and Jericho; 2, Unit and the Grand Serpent; 3, The Doctor and Tecteun and 4, Bel and Karvanista + Vinder. But it didn't feel as all over the place as ep1. We did get some answers and yet more questions. But I feel as if the overall point was "finding answers in order to save the universe" and each group were doing their bit. I'm still not sure who the main villain/s are. Is it the grand Serpent, Division or Swarm and Azure?
Old 28-11-21, 21:02   #4002
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

Finally, after all this time in the Chibnall era a companion had a good line and made me laugh. It was the part where Yaz sarcastically says Dan never mentions being from liverpool. Pretty good.

The episode was alright, bit confusing as usual. I don't like how they killed off Tectayoon so easily. She just stood there. I'm still not convinced about the timeless child crap, I really hope it's all false.

When they mentioned multi-verse I did think maybe that's where Fugitive doctor was originally from. Would make sense. Curious to how this season ends. I hope it doesn't leave too much open.
Old 29-11-21, 20:51   #4003
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

I truly am hoping that in the next episode, when Azure opens the Chameleon Arch, it all turns out that there's nothing actually within it and it turns out that Tecteun was just screwing with The Doctor. Using The Master as her tool to make the Doc mentally unstable, and using that instability to make The Flux happen off of the Doc's radar so that she couldn't interfere with the event in time. But honestly, I doubt Chibby would be willing to pull of such a twist after two (hell, technically even three) series.

So we'll see what he'll pull out of his hat. I'm expecting absolutely nothing, so we'll see...
Old 29-11-21, 23:00   #4004
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

I think that could have worked well tbh! But the fact she got killed off so easily I think it's unlikely unfortunately. I could imagine she'd pop up again when The Doctor figures out its all false and she'd explain.

But I'll be surprised if Chibnall digs deeper into the hole he's made and actually shows where the doctor apparently came from. The "origin" of the doctor is not something I wanted to know. I don't get this need to find out the origins of mysterious characters. I prefer their past to be a mystery.

I'll be both surprised and not surprised if they commit to this timeless child even further given the backlash. I really hope it's all sorted out for RTD's return though.
Old 30-11-21, 13:01   #4005
jajay119
Tomb Raider

I feel like the universe we are currently observing is a parallel one to out own and we are witnessing the adventures of a different doctor or something. It's already been established that intra-universal travel is al but impossible in our universe. I doubt it but I'm hopeful.

Also, Chibnall doesn't seem to be able to keepwith even his own canon. I'm still confused as to how we have had an entire episode looking at he origins of Unit, to them being integral in the current Sontaran invasion when in his first series Jodie's doctor tried to reach out to UNIT and they'd been disbanded.

Last edited by jajay119; 30-11-21 at 13:02.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-21, 13:51   #4006
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda master View Post
I truly am hoping that in the next episode, when Azure opens the Chameleon Arch, it all turns out that there's nothing actually within it and it turns out that Tecteun was just screwing with The Doctor. Using The Master as her tool to make the Doc mentally unstable, and using that instability to make The Flux happen off of the Doc's radar so that she couldn't interfere with the event in time. But honestly, I doubt Chibby would be willing to pull of such a twist after two (hell, technically even three) series.

So we'll see what he'll pull out of his hat. I'm expecting absolutely nothing, so we'll see...
That would make the show worse to be honest. Gone through all this time just to be screwed over. I don't need to experience Pretty Little Liars in Doctor Who form again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider95 View Post
I think that could have worked well tbh! But the fact she got killed off so easily I think it's unlikely unfortunately. I could imagine she'd pop up again when The Doctor figures out its all false and she'd explain.

But I'll be surprised if Chibnall digs deeper into the hole he's made and actually shows where the doctor apparently came from. The "origin" of the doctor is not something I wanted to know. I don't get this need to find out the origins of mysterious characters. I prefer their past to be a mystery.

I'll be both surprised and not surprised if they commit to this timeless child even further given the backlash. I really hope it's all sorted out for RTD's return though.
RTD supports the whole Timeless Child stuff and actually been quite positive, so carrying it on after Chris leaves is still possible

Considering we're going to finally find out about the Lungborrow house meaning a story we should have got back in the 7th Doctor era is finally coming to light and I'm excited
Old 30-11-21, 14:10   #4007
Tombraider95
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sackboy123 View Post
RTD supports the whole Timeless Child stuff and actually been quite positive, so carrying it on after Chris leaves is still possible
Of course he would say that though.
Old 30-11-21, 17:48   #4008
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

Quote:
That would make the show worse to be honest. Gone through all this time just to be screwed over. I don't need to experience Pretty Little Liars in Doctor Who form again
I have no idea whatever happens in Pretty Little Liars, but if Chibbs did this, would it be screwing the audience over however? The Master has told his part of the story and Tecteun says that it's true what he has said and that she considers The Doctor as nothing more than a virus within a experiment. So why not see throw the Flux at her when she's looking away and see what she would do when faced against such odds? It would absolutely fit within the character of Tecteun from what little we've been told and have seen from her. Wave something shiny in front of the Doc's face that's irresistible and see Who, What, When Where, and Why.

But we'll see, five more days to go before we (hopefully) get the conclusion Chibbs is willing to give for his story. The idea of adding more lives to the Doc's life is interesting, Lungbarrow has shown this. But this certainly ain't it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Also, Chibnall doesn't seem to be able to keepwith even his own canon. I'm still confused as to how we have had an entire episode looking at he origins of Unit, to them being integral in the current Sontaran invasion when in his first series Jodie's doctor tried to reach out to UNIT and they'd been disbanded.
I can actually totally see that the UNIT story over the three series is actually a long con, having it being sabotaged from within and Kate having fought behind the screen for years just to show up at the final moment when possible to bring it back at full force. It would fit with her character (and family) to fight for what's right. Even her father showed up more than once even after retirement. His appearance in The Sarah Jane Adventures, despite the lackluster goodbye, was bloody amazing.

What doesn't work however, so apparently there's exactly just enough Lupar ships to cover the entirety of earth. They covered the planet for three minutes (going by the accounts of Dan's parents that the sun went out for that time), however, if the sun is visible again, that means the Earth isn't shielded anymore. But when we see that singular ship leave the formation, it clearly shows it's still up, so what's up with that? And if the shield is penetrable because of that one ship, and if Karvanista can force a ship back, why not force the ship back that just left seconds ago? However, if there's exactly enough ships to cover the planet, how did Bel manage to get the ship that she has, wouldn't that mean that they never had exactly enough to begin with?

The show has more often had weird jumps in logic, but... These are actually pretty big oversights in the end if you ask me...

Quote:
James Cameron also considered Genysis to be the true sequel to T2 in that promotion, so... These kinds of comments are pretty hollow if anything.

Last edited by Zelda master; 30-11-21 at 17:50.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 18:27   #4009
jajay119
Tomb Raider

I found the resolution very disappointing, not gonna lie. Very quickly resolved with major questions still unanswered and a few potential plot holes.

Last edited by jajay119; 05-12-21 at 18:30.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-21, 18:42   #4010
sackboy123
Tomb Raider

Enjoyed the episode, but anti-climatic

I'm annoyed we didn't see The Doctor open the watch and get her memories back but I saw that coming, it's going to be brought up throughout the next three specials

Bel and Vinder's resolution was too basic. With the whole emphasis on Bel's pregnancy I expected way more. They should have been The Doctor's parents

Grand Serpent will be back
The Master and his Cybermaster army will be back for the Centenary special

We have a Pirate Episode as the Easter special and now this Dalek New Year special.

Resolution introduced new Dalek Lore of a Recon Scout
Revolution introduced Dalek drones and the Death Squad Daleks

What will Eve of the Daleks bring? Will Davros return?

It's also focusing on a Time Loop it seems

Last edited by sackboy123; 05-12-21 at 18:55.
sackboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote