www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 11-05-22, 22:25   #1
ReginaLusus
Hobbyist

Unhappy What's going on with my graphics?

I've never had this before. My graphics for TRII were running fine one day, crystal clear and smooth, then they turned into this the next:

https://imgur.com/a/7lTCnqN

https://imgur.com/SWGfgWz

Do you see those awful, discoloured lines? The day this happened, I had also downloaded two new games: Sonic Heroes as abandonware and Sonic World (I was in a Sonic mood). I had to download some external MS programmes, like a certain C++ or whatever it was for it to run. I asked on Steam and someone suggested to put to my max resolution of my laptop.

My native resolution is 1920x1080, but that option just does not show for me on Steam. The max resolution I can get on the game's configuration menu with Steam is 1600x900.

I tried uninstalling the game, configuring the graphics with the F5 button, running as an administrator, nothing has worked. I use dgVoodoo for it and I've also used the widescreen patch. Grrr, it's annoying as this happened suddenly. The sound seemed to get weird when this happened too, it sounds 'fuzzy' now, when it used to be crisp. I don't have this issue at all with TRI or TRIII.

Any help would be great.

Last edited by ReginaLusus; 11-05-22 at 22:26.
ReginaLusus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-22, 14:25   #2
laravision
Archaeologist

Looks to me as if the game is running in software mode. Run the setup and choose hardware acceleration. I'm not familiar doing this through Steam, I do it via the game EXE file itself. To do this, create a shortcut of the Tomb2.exe file, then open the properties of this shortcut. At the end of the target/address field, add a space, then type -setup and click OK.

Now run the shortcut and the setup menu should appear. You can also try pressing Shift+F12 in-game to switch modes.

To further improve your PC TR2 experience, I recommend Arsunt's TR2Main. Guide here.
Old 13-05-22, 06:46   #3
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Either software mode or your resolution was changed to 16-bit one instead of 32-bit.

That being said I don't know what caused the weird graphical glitch on Lara herself
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-22, 07:33   #4
laracorecroft
Hobbyist

Honestly, I prefer tomb2main, it improves the game a lot and you don't need to apply more patches of other things like the panoramic adjustment, I would like to change colors in bars etc. I don't know if I can... years ago I remember using the dgvoddo program in tr3 and I don't It is very convincing although it is better than nothing. i hope one day tomb3main will come true and be similar to tomb1main tomb2main because they are great patches
laracorecroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-22, 16:29   #5
ReginaLusus
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by laravision View Post
Looks to me as if the game is running in software mode. Run the setup and choose hardware acceleration. I'm not familiar doing this through Steam, I do it via the game EXE file itself. To do this, create a shortcut of the Tomb2.exe file, then open the properties of this shortcut. At the end of the target/address field, add a space, then type -setup and click OK.

Now run the shortcut and the setup menu should appear. You can also try pressing Shift+F12 in-game to switch modes.

To further improve your PC TR2 experience, I recommend Arsunt's TR2Main. Guide here.
This seems like what is the cause, the only problem is that it doesn't let me choose to play it on hardware acceleration mode. The option is just blanked out. :/

I have Arsunt's patch and it's great, it still doesn't fix the weird graphical issue sadly.
Old 21-05-22, 06:50   #6
TombHackR
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaLusus View Post
This seems like what is the cause, the only problem is that it doesn't let me choose to play it on hardware acceleration mode. The option is just blanked out. :/

I have Arsunt's patch and it's great, it still doesn't fix the weird graphical issue sadly.
Thatís really really weird. Uh, have you tried installing old versions of Direct X ?
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-22, 18:42   #7
ReginaLusus
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TombHackR View Post
Thatís really really weird. Uh, have you tried installing old versions of Direct X ?
Oh, see, I think this might be it. I did download a new DirectX when getting Sonic Heroes, where would I legitimately download an older version of DirectX?
Old 21-05-22, 20:55   #8
TombHackR
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginaLusus View Post
Oh, see, I think this might be it. I did download a new DirectX when getting Sonic Heroes, where would I legitimately download an older version of DirectX?
You canít download old DirectX versions from the Microsoft website, theyíre long gone. You will just have to try any website and work your way backwards through DirectX versions.
TombHackR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-22, 16:38   #9
SuperFrancyBro
Hobbyist

For so this: open the setup, in the graphic output method select Hardware 3D Acceleration, then put the options for your screen
SuperFrancyBro is offline   Reply With Quote