Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 20-02-12, 08:41   #1
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Arrow Silent Hill (General Thread Part IV)

Silent Hill (サイレントヒル Sairento Hiru) is a survival horror video game series consisting of seven installments published by Konami and its subsidiary Konami Digital Entertainment. The first four games in the series, Silent Hill, Silent Hill 2, 3 and 4, have been developed by an internal factor, Team Silent (a development staff within former Konami subsidiary Konami Computer Entertainment Tokyo). The latter three games, Silent Hill: Origins, Homecoming, and ****tered Memories, as well as the upcoming eighth and ninth installments, Downpour and Book of Memories, respectively, have been developed by various external developers.

Silent Hill is set in a multiverse consisting of reality and two alternate dimensions whose form is based on the series' eponymous fictional American town. The series is heavily influenced by the literary genre of psychological horror, with its player characters being mostly "everymen", in contrast to action-oriented survival horror video game series featuring combat-trained player characters, such as Resident Evil, which is widely regarded as Silent Hill's strongest "rival".

Miscellaneous adaptations of Silent Hill have been released, including various in print media, a feature film, and spin-off video games. A second film adaptation, titled Silent Hill: Revelation 3D, is in post-production

Games

Films

And let the descent into madness begin! (For a 4th time lol)

Last edited by Carbonek_0051; 27-09-13 at 22:49.
Carbonek_0051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-12, 09:07   #2
Spong
Beyond The Floating Islands

First reply

Yay! for a new Silent Hill thread. We get to discuss everything again that was already covered in the 6,413 posts of the old thread
God, I wish they'd hurry up and release Downpour
Spong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-12, 09:18   #3
Shark_Blade

I want my SH HD Collection NAOW! And the second movie too. Urgh.

For SH anniversary they should Remake the first SH. Not like the crap that is TR Anniversary but more like Resident Evil REmake, a 1:1 faithful HD remake of the original material.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-12, 09:55   #4
Survival

Yay!

Oh and I don't think a SH remake will ever happen. (BTW anniversary? the nearest one worth mentioning will be in 2014 (15 years)

Last edited by Survival; 20-02-12 at 09:56.
Survival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-12, 09:59   #5
musicmaestro10

Cool

I'm getting a PS Vita so I'm going to try Book of memories. I don't know if the top down view really is going to be scary but I`m pleased Vita isn't being neglected.
musicmaestro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-12, 10:16   #6
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
For SH anniversary they should Remake the first SH. Not like the crap that is TR Anniversary but more like Resident Evil REmake, a 1:1 faithful HD remake of the original material.
The Anniversary just passed and the closest we are getting to a remake is Shattered Memories. Which I am fine with because I liked it and don't want any remakes.
Old 20-02-12, 10:24   #7
musicmaestro10

TR Anniversary is my favourite game of all time. Don't call it crap.

I'm gonna play SH1 soon so I'll see what they could do then. Shattered memories was sort of a remake which made more sense than just copying the original.

Last edited by musicmaestro10; 20-02-12 at 10:25.
musicmaestro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-12, 10:24   #8
jajay119

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spong View Post
We get to discuss everything again that was already covered in the 6,413 posts of the old thread
God, I wish they'd hurry up and release Downpour
And you know you'll love it

I think it's a good time for a new thread. There's so much new stuff coming up this year that it will be a good place for people to just wonder into, before we degenerate back into babble
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-12, 10:29   #9
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmaestro10 View Post
I'm gonna play SH1 soon so I'll see what they could do then. Shattered memories was sort of a remake which made more sense than just copying the original.
Shattered Memories was a reimagining, completely different than a remake.
Old 20-02-12, 10:32   #10
remote91

What did I see about the HD collection having missing things from it?

I recall a comparison shot of the ps2 version with the HD one of Heather in the diner, and a couple of things were missing.
remote91 is offline   Reply With Quote