Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 12-05-20, 22:42   #1
amiro1989

Default Square Enix registers "T.R.U.E" trademark in late 2019.

It appears that Square Enix has registered in late 2019 the trademark "TRUE" which stands for Tomb Raider Ultimate Experience.

While I'm not certain it is the name for a future game (understand single installment), it appears to have been registered officially (or approved) sometime when Crystal Northwest was created. Furthermore, it appears Square has requested an extention on the trademark at the end of the year, last year.

Is it attached to the Ultimate Edition of Shadow of the Tomb Raider, or are they cooking something else?

T.R.U.E. TOMB RAIDER ULTIMATE EXPERIENCE

Quote:
Word Mark T.R.U.E.
Goods and Services IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038. G & S: Computer game software, namely, a mobile application for playing video games and accessing strategy guides and other information related to video games; computer software, namely, interactive video game software and visual recognition software in the field of video games; computer software, namely, downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices; sound recordings in the form of prerecorded optical discs, prerecorded magnetic discs and semiconductor ROMs all featuring music and fictional stories in the field of computer and video games; audio visual recordings in the form of prerecorded optical discs, prerecorded magnetic discs and semiconductor ROMs all featuring music and animated fictional stories in the field of computer and video games; prerecorded compact discs featuring music from computer and video games; prerecorded video discs featuring music and animated fictional stories in the field of computer and video games; downloadable electronic publications in the nature of magazines, journals and newsletters in the field of computer games and video games

IC 016. US 002 005 022 023 029 037 038 050. G & S: Printed matter, namely, computer game strategy guidebooks, video game strategy guidebooks, comic books, magazines featuring information about computer games and video games, posters, stickers, calendars, postcards, stationery, printable collectable trading cards made of paper, and trading cards, all related to computer and video games

IC 028. US 022 023 038 050. G & S: Toys, games, and playthings, namely, hand held units for playing video games other than those adapted for use with an external display screen or monitor

IC 041. US 100 101 107. G & S: Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; entertainment services, namely, providing on-line video games; entertainment services, namely, providing information on computer game strategies and video game strategies via computer networks and global communication networks; entertainment services, namely, providing information on entertainment in the field of computer games, video games, card games, animated cartoons, comics, novels and magazines; entertainment services, namely, providing on-line non-downloadable comics; entertainment services, namely, providing on-line non-downloadable magazines, journals and newsletters in the field of computer games, video games, cartoons and general entertainment; entertainment services, namely, providing on-line non-downloadable images and pictures in the field of computer and video games; entertainment services, namely, providing on-line music, not downloadable; entertainment services, namely, providing on-line non-downloadable audio and video content featuring computer and video game tips, tricks, strategy, and information
Standard Characters Claimed
Mark Drawing Code (4) STANDARD CHARACTER MARK
Serial Number 87094342
Filing Date July 6, 2016
Current Basis 44E
Original Filing Basis 1B;44D
Published for Opposition May 28, 2019
Registration Number 5881874
Registration Date October 15, 2019
Owner (REGISTRANT) SQUARE ENIX LIMITED PRIVATE LIMITED COMPANY UNITED KINGDOM 240 BLACKFRIARS ROAD LONDON UNITED KINGDOM SE1 8NW
Assignment Recorded ASSIGNMENT RECORDED
Attorney of Record Laura J. Winston
Priority Date April 1, 2016
Type of Mark TRADEMARK. SERVICE MARK
Register PRINCIPAL
Live/Dead Indicator LIVE
Wonder what this is for? Compilation?

Last edited by amiro1989; 12-05-20 at 22:45.
amiro1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 23:00   #2
Tomb Raidering

I just skimmed through and I still didn’t find an answer to my question: How do we know that T.R.U.E stands for Tomb Raider Ultimate Experience? Any source? Is it your theory?

Last edited by Tomb Raidering; 12-05-20 at 23:01.
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 23:02   #3
Portugalraider

I don't think it's necessarily for a game, or just a compilation, but like a whole multi-media project.

I can see it being something for the 25th anniversary, like a brand to englobe everything: remasters/remakes of the classics, remasters of the LAU trilogy and reboot trilogy for PS5/XBSX, new Lara Croft games, new books/comicbooks, the new movie. Stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
I just skimmed through and I still didn’t find an answer to my question: How do we know that T.R.U.E stands for Tomb Raider Ultimate Experience? Any source? Is it your theory?
https://trademarks.justia.com/880/62...-88062609.html

Last edited by Portugalraider; 12-05-20 at 23:03.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 23:05   #4
amiro1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
It says so on the trademark.

This is not the official website of the US Patent/Trademark office, but I can confirm that two distinct applications are visible in the database of the US Patent/Trademark office.
amiro1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 23:09   #5
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiro1989 View Post
It says so on the trademark.

This is not the official website of the US Patent/Trademark office, but I can confirm that two distinct applications are visible in the database of the US Patent/Trademark office.
I also thought it was your theory before seeing the link. It's very important, you should put the link into your OP imo.
Sooooo... Finally we have something that looks believable ! Unless it's a fake site. Nevertheless it's exciting, definitely sounds like an anniversary project. #TRUE
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 23:10   #6
Athukraz

Yeah I'm also thinking it's something for the 25th anniversary of the franchise
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 23:14   #7
Lara_Fan1

It sounds like an escape room type project or an activity for fans to be placed in a Tomb Raiding experience with friends.

It could also be a trilogy package of Tomb Raider, Rise and Shadow.
Lara_Fan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 23:14   #8
Tombraider95

I immediately assumed they're just bunging the 3 reboot games together in one for another release. Something I wouldn't be interested in. I'm not getting any hopes up at all.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 23:14   #9
killchan

My bet is on a big, thick package with some of the recent games for next gen console.
killchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-20, 23:19   #10
Chamayoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara_Fan1 View Post
It could also be a trilogy package of Tomb Raider, Rise and Shadow.
Ugh, could be...
However the title sounds too "sensational" for just a trilogy package/remasters. I believe it's more than that, especially for the 25th Anniversary.
Chamayoo is offline   Reply With Quote