Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III

Old 30-06-22, 06:36   #11
Caesum

TR3 is flaming garbage with quality of a mediocre debut custom level of rating about 5/10. It's definitely not worth playing
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-22, 09:30   #12
Robsters85

replaying tomb raider 3 myself even i am shocked how much harder than 2 it is but so far avoided any walk throughs but i am enjoying the challenge of it to be honest and will replay tr4 after this completed them all back in the day
Robsters85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-22, 10:00   #13
_Seth

I love TR3 but I don't blame the OP for this. XD I would love to see them play Lud's Gate. XD
_Seth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-22, 11:49   #14
Woops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Doggos View Post
You're saying this is good design and my problem? Sure guy. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TL0...w?usp=drivesdk
She's floating on water.
And her walking on water makes your game harder for you? mkay. you’re just finding irrelevant flaws for the sake of it now lol
tr3 had major overhauls and improvements to every little bit of the engine, Core were rushed so not everything is 100% polished. as others said if you seriously hate the game so much, just move on to another installment
Woops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-22, 12:17   #15
Celephais

The story line and overall atmosphere are first rate. It's my second favorite after TR 2. But it's definitely not for the casual player. I tend to view playing it as graduating from the challenges of TR 1 and TR 2 and attempting a PhD in playing video games.
Celephais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-22, 14:40   #16
Evil Doggos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woops View Post
And her walking on water makes your game harder for you? mkay. you’re just finding irrelevant flaws for the sake of it now lol
tr3 had major overhauls and improvements to every little bit of the engine, Core were rushed so not everything is 100% polished. as others said if you seriously hate the game so much, just move on to another installment

I'm gonna give it another go. I past Nevada. Going to do a no cheat run. I must redeem myself.
Evil Doggos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 09:44   #17
Sardoc

Ok, I'm not sure what's going on that you need to use a guide all the time...

What helps me in custom levels is just getting a piece of paper and drawing a basic map as I go, in my own style. You know, rectangles for rooms, lines for how they connect to other rooms, and then just drawing important things: key holes, buttons/levers, closed doors, pushable blocks and notes like "hard to see crevice" or "camera angle showing me x" and the likes. Also ticking off things that I've solved already.

Well, that should definitely help with TR3. It also helps to sometimes go back after an "oh sh**" moment of traps to see if they uncovered something new. Things like "this spiked wall has moved, is there something behind it?", but not just spiked walls. There are tons and tons of room layout changes in TR3 where it's worth to remember to go back and double check for anytyhing new.

And then there are the basics: always have a save file right at the beginning of the level, and save on multiple slots.

Best of luck!
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 09:59   #18
Mani_Man

I wouldnt personally call it hell, but i can see people not having fun.
The level design is uneccessary complicated that it ruins the flow constantly.

So many corners and pointless jumps etc, make many levels tedious as hell.

But i love the different places, the variety in terms of levels, i just cant hate the game.

Hate the lazy level design, but man is it cool to have so many different locations and all.
Mani_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 12:39   #19
Robsters85

the level crash site i caved into today and had to look at a walk through most annoying thing is i was right at the end and lets just say i did fire that cannon at that wall just not quite in right place so that was annoying but I found a glitch that got me to the plane without the long way around so that was interesting if anyone else has found that glitch?
Robsters85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-22, 15:49   #20
UroshUchiha

I just saw this on Twitter and it reminded me of this thread lmao
https://twitter.com/Mackerski/status...07055235719170
UroshUchiha is online now   Reply With Quote