www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 15-04-22, 18:44   #4461
_Seth
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
people complained about S. Laraís default outfit being boring, but saying itís too much when an extra strap to her holster.
I think the logic is that brown cargo trousers + grey blue string tanktop is conceptually generic, so boring in the sense of being common. Short shorts + thick shoulder tanktop + backpack + dual holsters is a lot more original, ergo less boring. They're both extremely simplistic, but one is generic.

Extra clutter doesn't make something less boring. Look at the Siberian Ranger outfit; it's boxy, cluttered, layered and busy looking as hell, yet it's extremely unoriginal. (I begrudgingly wear it because of the extra special ammo capacity.)

I just don't think tweaks are needed when you can modernise something without adding useless garbage, lol. The 25t anniversary TR4 wallpaper looked damn good, too, and totally modern. Like, should we add kneepads to that just because...?
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-22, 18:56   #4462
biscuits
Relic Hunter

I think reboot Lara needs less clutter in general. All those extra belts and pouches remind me of those 90s superhero costumes lol
biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-22, 19:29   #4463
robm_2007
Legend

Googling "pistol thigh holster" and seeing 150+ results, I only noticed one with a single strap. All others had two straps.
---
I haaaaate TRA's holsters. It's just two straps...that's it! Where's the actual pouch to the holster? It looks too naked.
Old 15-04-22, 19:32   #4464
_Seth
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
Googling "pistol thigh holster" and seeing 150+ results, I only noticed one with a single strap. All others had two straps
Are you talking about the pocket the pistol sits in, or the thigh straps? Just because the second part of your post talks about the pocket thing.
_Seth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-22, 19:35   #4465
HarleyCroft
Archaeologist

^Adding "leather" to the search makes more single garter straps show up
The more clutter between the thighs, the more it rubs together. It is uncomfortable for running especially.
Old 16-04-22, 04:22   #4466
LNSNHGTDS
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by robm_2007 View Post
Googling "pistol thigh holster" and seeing 150+ results, I only noticed one with a single strap. All others had two straps.
Thank you. Not to mention all the cops and army dudes you see running around also have double straps.

Though admittedly, they're wearing pants, not short shorts, but if that's an issue even a single strap is gonna **** up Lara's thighs so maybe she shouldn't have any and get the bow back. Case closed
Old 16-04-22, 04:34   #4467
HarleyCroft
Archaeologist

Totally, a huge movement-hindering bow with a quiver of arrows would be way more practical than a centimeter wide strip around her legs
I love how the added straps have become so symbolic around here lately. They are not needed if the holsters are designed right.
Old 16-04-22, 14:10   #4468
Zsott
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyCroft View Post
^Adding "leather" to the search makes more single garter straps show up
The more clutter between the thighs, the more it rubs together. It is uncomfortable for running especially.
It comes down to taste, practicality and built, I think.

Personally I owned both and I prefer the double strap one, for several reasons:

-a single strap never stayed at place on my thigh, especially when moving around
-due the reason above, the holster with a pistol in it, was just flopping all over the place, which was quite annoying.

Double straps on the other hand, kept everything at place and was overall more comfortable.
A friend of mine thinks the opposite, while desing wise we prefer the one we don't like to use.
Old Yesterday, 23:53   #4469
xdesperado_
Archaeologist

Lara's Legend outfit is bottom tier for me, the Underworld outfit is far better.
xdesperado_ is offline   Reply With Quote