Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 03-12-16, 19:52   #21
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peep Show View Post
That's a pretty silly reason, honestly what are you waiting for? The PS4 Slim is pretty cheap...
Why don't you buy me one then? D:
Just because you think it is cheap it doesn't mean other people can afford it lol. I (my family) don't have the luxury to be buying all those things, so I have to wait until I manage to afford MY ps4 and also the game itself lol
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-16, 19:52   #22
xLara_Nathanx

I wonder how older she is, though? Because Joel doesn't seen that much different.
xLara_Nathanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-16, 19:55   #23
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLara_Nathanx View Post
I wonder how older she is, though? Because Joel doesn't seen that much different.
She looks like a teenager, or at least in her early 20's.

Anyways, I never thought we needed a sequence though. The first one is good enough, I'm scared this game doesn't get as good as the other one or something like that. D:
Sometimes sequels are what destroy great games tbh.
Old 03-12-16, 19:55   #24
LarasFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLara_Nathanx View Post
I really think she is only like 4-5 years older. And that is even a lot. She looks 19 tops.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
She looks like a teenager, or at least in her early 20's.

Anyways, I never thought we needed a sequence though. The first one is good enough, I'm scared this game doesn't get as good as the other one or something like that. D:
Sometimes sequels are what destroy great games tbh.
It needed a sequel. Just not with Ellie and Joel.

Last edited by LarasFan; 03-12-16 at 19:56.
LarasFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-16, 19:59   #25
xLara_Nathanx

Don't worry yet, babes. Naughty Dog is GOD when it comes to sequels (UC2 says hello). It's the third game you guys should worry about (UC3... *sips tea*)
xLara_Nathanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-16, 19:59   #26
Isaac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarasFan View Post
Like I said in the other thread, I understand why Naughty Dog went with them. There is a big cult and fanbase around these characters and from a marketing and financial perspective it made more sense to go with known character instead of a new cast. A sequel without Ellie and Joel would surely be good, but probably sell less.

People who love TLOU are going to buy the sequel regardless of the characters. Those who loved the duo too. More sales, so it was a winning option. A set of new characters would have probably disinterested a bunch of players. I'm among those who would have preferred new characters and make The Last of Us a story about humankind instead of one about Ellie and Joel.

I hope that Ellie is more playable this time around instead of being limited to two chapters (and a DLC). I want her story, Joel already had his.

Let's hope Naughty Dog handle the whole thing adequately, it's going to be tricky considered the mixed feelings.

Last edited by Isaac; 03-12-16 at 20:02.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-16, 19:59   #27
Love2Raid

Mixed feelings. I'm glad to get another game in this series, but I wanted new characters. Not because I don't like Joel and Ellie, I just... thought that their story was finished and I liked that they both survived and could live happily ever after.

Looking forward to the game, not watching anything else.
Love2Raid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-16, 20:02   #28
LarasFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaac View Post
Like I said in the other thread, I understand why Naughty Dog went with them. There is a big cult and fanbase around these characters and from a marketing and financial perspective it made more sense to go with known character instead of a new cast. A sequel without Ellie and Joel would surely be good, but probably sell less.

People who love TLOU are going to buy the sequel regardless of the characters. Those who loved the duo too. More sales, so it was a winning option. A set of new characters would have probably disinterested a bunch of players.

I hope that Ellie is more playable this time around instead of being limited to two chapters (and a DLC). I want her story, Joel already had his.

Let's hope Naughty Dog handle the whole thing adequately.
By the looks of it, Ellie might be the protagonist and Joel the "sidekick". And I do unsterstand why they chose the perfect duo again. Doesn't mean I agree with their decision. Still hoping that they are just gonna appear for a chapter or two in the game whilist we have other protagonists.
LarasFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-16, 20:03   #29
Isaac

It sucks that it's expensive to produce such games, money might have forced some decisions on them.
Isaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-16, 20:03   #30
SrDanielPonces

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarasFan View Post
Exacly, totally agree with you. I don't know what to think about this. Oh well, I guess we have to wait (probably) a year for actual content.

Last edited by SrDanielPonces; 03-12-16 at 20:05.