www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 06-09-19, 01:16   #4991
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Damn I just realized something, we on the brink of page 500. Lord have mercy, page 500 ladies and gentlemen.

I mean, to go this long without any word about anything is just .... Lord.
Old 06-09-19, 01:27   #4992
Rai

Would the Definitive Edition include everything the Croft Edition did + DLC8?

As a reminder, The Croft Edition included: the season pass, 3 original weapons and outfits, the soundtrack.

The Season Pass included:
Quote:
The Season Pass delivers seven new adventures called "Paths", with each Path including new narrative, new missions, a Challenge Tomb, a new weapon, a new outfit and a new skill – one of each will be exclusive to the Season Pass!
Anyone who paid for the Croft Edition has received everything advertised, correct? (Well unless you're me and still haven't worked out how to claim the soundtrack).

DLC8 may or may not come as a free bonus to the SP. But it probably will be included in the DE.

I don't know how DE pricing goes, but the Croft Edition is currently going new for just over 70 at Game (website). Cheaper than I paid for it, but it is a year old release.

I'd expect the DE to be priced around the same. Ish.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this summary . I think I'm just trying to keep things clear.

Now, if DLC8 is not free with the season pass, but cost a little extra (price depending on content) I don't think I'd mind that. I got everything I already paid for. IF the DE works out at approx the same or a little less than what the Croft Edition is currently, it is meant to work as a special offer - to entice anyone who hasn't bought the game yet. The game is not a new release, but a year old. Should they hike the price up to whatever the CE was upon original release? Imo, of course not. I think that would upset a lot of people.

Now hopefully DLC8 will be a free bonus with the SP, but if not, I won't be mad. Just my penny's worth.

Last edited by Rai; 06-09-19 at 01:29.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 01:31   #4993
Robwood
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
(Well unless you're me and still haven't worked out how to claim the soundtrack).
If I recall correctly, you have to go to either the Square Enix or Tomb Raider website, submit the code that came in your box, and then download it to your computer. The instructions should be on the insert itself.
Old 06-09-19, 01:37   #4994
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwood View Post
If I recall correctly, you have to go to either the Square Enix or Tomb Raider website, submit the code that came in your box, and then download it to your computer. The instructions should be on the insert itself.
Thanks. I do recall trying the SE website, but not finding where to redeem the code. I'm gonna have to try again.
Old 06-09-19, 01:52   #4995
Brendanlovesu1
Archaeologist

I still haven't redeemed my code for the TR2013 Soundtrack. Do you think the code will still work?
Brendanlovesu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 02:06   #4996
Robwood
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Thanks. I do recall trying the SE website, but not finding where to redeem the code. I'm gonna have to try again.
I haven't visited the site in ages, but if I recall correctly, you have to go to your account profile and I think there's a link that says "register game." You click on that and a page will appear where you type in the 18-digit code on the insert. From there, and I am recalling this just fine, you'll receive an e-mail with the download link for the soundtrack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendanlovesu1 View Post
I still haven't redeemed my code for the TR2013 Soundtrack. Do you think the code will still work?
Only one way to find out.

Last edited by Robwood; 06-09-19 at 02:09.
Robwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 02:19   #4997
cephasjames
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiz19 View Post
To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if they were. They came out with the DLC once a month for 7 months which had new cutscenes, animations, environments, puzzles, voice lines, etc.

That amount of effort usually requires a lot of time and preparation. But by the sake token, the whole development of Shadow was seemingly rushed, so I'm assuming that actively made the decision to leave out the less developed tombs and used for DLC.
DLC can be planned in advance and worked on while the main game is being made and still not originally be part of the main game. DLC does not need to begin being made once the main game is released for it to not originally be part of the main game. Heck a dlc could even be finished before the main game is finished and as long as it was originally planned as a dlc and not as part of the original game then it's not dishonest to sell it as a dlc.

Quote:
Today, games are chopped up into pieces before they've even been designed
Please elaborate because this could mean so many things I'd like to understand what you specifically mean by it.

Last edited by cephasjames; 06-09-19 at 02:29.
cephasjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 02:31   #4998
Robwood
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cephasjames View Post
Please elaborate because this could mean so many things I'd like to understand what specifically mean by it.
I did with the next sentence.

Quote:
Just because they've given this practice a fancy name (road map) doesn't make it any better for the customer.
Old 06-09-19, 05:38   #4999
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I'll just say you are completely wrong, justifying bad business practice is part of the problem. It's exactly how EA became EA. People kept justifing microtransactions until it finally got out of hand where people now think very badly of them.

But people keep on spending money on them so the company keeps doing it. That's the problem and that's how some are adding to it. You give incentive for them to continue to stiff the consumers. It's not about getting anything for free, not when I've spent a major chunk of money on this game.

If the DLCs were only $1 each for a total of $7 or $10 for the season pass then I wouldn't be upset about paying.

But we all paid $30 for those DLCs. That's way more money then most if not all companies charge for dlc. That is unacceptable.
Literally everyone and their dog on the internet HATES microtransactions. This idea that somehow gamers *let* it happen is the dumbest take ever and trying to somehow get everyone and their dog to boycott every and any company who ever attempted microtransactions is as delusional as it gets.

ONE DOLLAR?

You're literally just asking for content for free. The devs are not your slaves. They have families to feed too and this might be shocking, but your purchases is what pays them. I won't argue this.

The coca cola six pack analogy someone gave you earlier was perfect. You willfully ignore and just throw insults out there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
Especially when new people can play all of that for 30% less then their loyal fanbase who is forced to pay even more then the 30% we've already paid.
Tell me one (1) game, that doesn't have a discount of about 30% by its first anniversary after launch. Quick.

Last edited by tomee; 06-09-19 at 05:40.
tomee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 05:52   #5000
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomee View Post
Literally everyone and their dog on the internet HATES microtransactions. This idea that somehow gamers *let* it happen is the dumbest take ever and trying to somehow get everyone and their dog to boycott every and any company who ever attempted microtransactions is as delusional as it gets.

ONE DOLLAR?
[img]https://i.imgur.com/Egg4RT3.png[img]
You're literally just asking for content for free. The devs are not your slaves. They have families to feed too and this might be shocking, but your purchases is what pays them. I won't argue this.

The coca cola six pack analogy someone gave you earlier was perfect. You willfully ignore and just throw insults out there.

Tell me one (1) game, that doesn't have a discount of about 30% by its first anniversary after launch. Quick.
People certainly keep paying for it so people seem quite fine with it actually.

Me delusional? Gurl don't you start with me.

Me asking for free content? No, you can fly away now before I really let out the good word. I already paid way more then any other game. There is a difference between paying the bills and being greedy as **** because the gaming industry has gone on for far too long being that way. $100 is way too much to spend on a single game and to ask for people to pay more is beyond riddiculess, understand it.

Your example was not equivalent to the situation at all.