www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 01-12-19, 06:44   #51
Letsmakeghost
Hobbyist

Default Wad ToolbWindows 10

[SOLVED - I JUST DOWNLOADED DIRECTX]

Hi guys bit lost here. I know this isn't an issue with Wad Tool itself but would really appreciate some help. So long story short I have been using Tomb Editor for the past month with no issue at all. It's fantastic. I got myself a new laptop yesterday. Download Tomb Editor. All working for a while. Now Wad Tool won't open.

I get the Smart Defender screen asking if I trust this app etc which I do allow. But still nothing. I just can't understand. All other tools in Tomb Editor work. I know this is an issue related to me but anyone with any idea would be really appreciated.

Only other thing I can think is I have McAfee Antivirus installed but it has not thrown up anything related to Tomb Editor - edit i have uninstalled my antivirus and still WadTool not opening. I don't get any error or anything.

I also tried 1.27 and this is not opening either. It is definitely something missing from my computer but I do not know what. Thanks all. J

Last edited by Letsmakeghost; 01-12-19 at 11:10. Reason: Question Added
Letsmakeghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 11:11   #52
Letsmakeghost
Hobbyist

Default WAD Tool Switch Manager

Sorry another one.

Does Wad Tool have a switch manager or is there away to get around this? one of my switches is a push button but the animation is a hole switch. I know this can be fixed in WADMerger, but can it be fixed in WAD Tool? Thanks again
Old 04-12-19, 16:38   #53
JMN
Explorer

Recently moved to Windows 10 and now I can't even start WadTool. Here's the log:

Code:
[19:36:29.935  INFO] TombLib.Utils.Logging | WadTool version 1.2.8.0 is starting | 
[19:36:29.953  INFO] TombLib.Utils.Logging | TombLib Git Revision: Head: refs/heads/master
Commit-Hash: 37dbc826ba37e8f1555185a8720f65eb2735a4eb
Git-Describe: v1.2-1322-g37dbc826
 | 
[19:36:30.010  INFO] TombLib.Rendering.DirectX11.Dx11RenderingDevice | Dx11 rendering device creating. | 
[19:36:30.134  INFO] TombLib.Rendering.DirectX11.Dx11RenderingDevice | Dx11 rendering device created. | 
[19:36:30.345 FATAL] TombLib.Utils.Logging | Unhandled exception | System.TypeInitializationException
The type initializer for 'TombLib.Graphics.DeviceManager' threw an exception.   at WadTool.FormMain..ctor(WadToolClass tool)
   at WadTool.Program.Main(String[] args)

System.BadImageFormatException
An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
   at SharpDX.D3DCompiler.D3D.D3DPreprocess_(Void* arg0, Void* arg1, Void* arg2, Void* arg3, Void* arg4, Void* arg5, Void* arg6)
   at SharpDX.D3DCompiler.D3D.Preprocess(IntPtr srcDataRef, PointerSize srcDataSize, String sourceNameRef, ShaderMacro[] definesRef, IntPtr includeRef, Blob& codeTextOut, Blob& errorMsgsOut)
   at SharpDX.D3DCompiler.ShaderBytecode.Preprocess(IntPtr shaderSourcePtr, Int32 shaderSourceLength, ShaderMacro[] defines, Include include, String& compilationErrors, String sourceFileName)
   at SharpDX.D3DCompiler.ShaderBytecode.Preprocess(String shaderSource, ShaderMacro[] defines, Include include, String& compilationErrors, String sourceFileName)
   at SharpDX.Toolkit.Graphics.EffectParser.Parse(String input, String fileName)
   at SharpDX.Toolkit.Graphics.EffectCompiler.InternalCompile(String sourceCode, String fileName)
   at TombLib.Graphics.DeviceManager..ctor()
   at TombLib.Graphics.DeviceManager..cctor()
[19:36:33.608  INFO] TombLib.Utils.Logging | WadTool has exited cleanly. |
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-19, 19:21   #54
TR-Freak
Professor

update .NET Framework
Old 05-12-19, 05:28   #55
JMN
Explorer

Already have the latest version, 4.8
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-19, 18:22   #56
Zellphie
Hobbyist

Default Problem to import obj in edit skeletton

I 've got a problem with the Wadtool 1.2.8,
I want to replace all meshes of Jean Yves (one by one),
so I use "edit skeletton", I made Jean Yves HD on 3dsmax,
I try to import each meshes, but the program said
"error with the loading model..."
it's very frustrating because the 3D format is correct.
The meshes of my character are .obj, textures are png.
I tried this formats: 3DS,MQO,OBJ, even "import statics" nothing works!
please Help... :'(
Zellphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-19, 19:07   #57
Joey79100
Professor

You should send your model to Lwmte, as he asked in the other thread.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-19, 21:41   #58
Lwmte
Archaeologist

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

Today we have discovered another previously unknown and undocumented TR/wad file format feature which is VERY important for anybody who's dealing with animations.

It seems that in-house Core animation tools had an option to clamp animation to specific out-point while preserving original frame count. In most cases, this feature was used to "cut corners" in transitional animations and speed up gameplay a little. They could do it without recompiling actual animations, so they could always roll back to different out-point without bothering guys who were animating Lara.

For example, let's take transitional run-to-jump animations 16-18. In all these animations, last 2 frames are cut, so in actual game Lara jumps slightly faster than in WT preview. There could be also cases when Core animators accidentally clamped last frame in some animations - most obvious example is walk animation, in which last frame is cut for some reason (it's visible in game as a slightly jerky movement of the left leg).

This feature wasn't obvious because intuitively you expect frame out-point to be equal to frame count. That's why it was never properly documented and sneaked past TR software developers. Tools like WadMerger took it completely wrong and forcibly cut last frame from ALL animations with framerates larger than 1, which led people in TRLE community to believe that it's tomb4 which clamps last frame from interpolated animations.

So far WadTool will be the only tool which will deal with frame out-point properly.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-19, 10:24   #59
TokyoSU
Explorer

it's probably because of that that anim->frameEnd not detect the last frame since it's probably cut
Old 10-12-19, 23:23   #60
Lwmte
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zellphie View Post
I want to replace all meshes of Jean Yves (one by one)...
Good news

There was a relatively serious problem in imported geometry path handling. I have fixed it and most likely it should fix A LOT of geometry importing problems. Fix will be included in 1.2.9

Additionally, 1.2.9 will introduce EXPERIMENTAL feature to replace whole model at once. Please note that this function will only work with non-Lara models (since we don't yet support vertex remapping and skin joints), and also you must preserve the very same order of meshes that is produced by TRViewer 3DS output. If you will change order of meshes, obviously it will not import correctly (e.g. head may import as hand and so on).

Last edited by Lwmte; 11-12-19 at 00:07.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote