www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 31-03-15, 14:35   #561
Peixoto
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gidierre View Post
those screenshots look very nice indeed
now I really know nothing about this PCSXR software, I looked it up and saw it's opensource

based on what I could quickly get a glimpse of, of all them I focused on a single .c file, whose path is:
https://pcsxr.codeplex.com/SourceCon...gte_accuracy.c

and the relevant header namely gte_accuracy.h, who together seem to be the core of the nice widescreen fix

there you see that 3 dimensional array:
Code:
float gteCoords[0x800 * 2][0x800 * 2][2];
and those 2 functions
Code:
GPUaddVertex()
and
Code:
getGteVertex()
all looking very much promising, and very bright too may I add (for what my judgement is worth)

but I say "seem to be" because only a thorough browsing of all this code would let you grasp all the nesting frame and connections

anyway, the major problem I can see here is surely not its integration with dosbox (opensource) code, but when it comes to glide wrapping, to match it with nGlide in this case (as opposed to Glidos, or the glide patch wrapper things) and that's no opensource...
so it'd really be nGlide's business to use/tweak it (if ever feasible at all...).
PC Tomb Raider only passes transform and lit polygons to the API. As the widescreen fix on PSXR works for every game, i suppose these games use a PSX API to transform polygons, unless it is a fix that reduces the vertical FOV instead of increasing the horizontal FOV. In any case, apply this fix to the PC version is useless, either it wont work or it will only reduce the vertical FOV.

Furthermore, eventually i will fix whatever is left to fix in the ATI version of Tomb Raider and i will include a true widescreen fix with increased horizontal FOV
Peixoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-15, 15:32   #562
Sardoc
Archaeologist

What about the shaky polygons? The 3dfx version, that ATI exe and the PSX version all have those shaky polygons unfortunately. The only versions that didn't have them were the PowerVR one and Redention.

On a sidenote... did the Ati exe for Unfinished Business even exist?

Last edited by Sardoc; 31-03-15 at 15:48.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-15, 15:52   #563
Peixoto
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc View Post
What about the shaky polygons? The 3dfx version, that ATI exe and the PSX version all have those shaky polygons unfortunately. The only versions that didn't have them were the PowerVR one and Redention.

A never noticed those in the ATI or 3DFx versions
Peixoto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-15, 09:01   #564
jschuuring
Student

Default tr1 patch

hi i dont understand the music patch i have a Original pc tr1 cd am i missing music than or is the music patch better.
jschuuring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-15, 14:52   #565
gidierre
Grease Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschuuring View Post
i have a Original pc tr1 cd am i missing music than or is the music patch better.
the original pc cdrom misses the tracks from TR1 psx version
these were all included as of v1.6 and above of this setup

the optional soundtrack addon lets you try out the full rerendered soundtrack set made by Tomekkobialka containing all the remixed psx tracks, which can be undone afterwards.

Last edited by gidierre; 06-04-15 at 14:54.
gidierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-15, 15:04   #566
mcarr6
Student

Quote:

I have Tomb Raider Gold (yellow (gold) packaging, two disks), and it has all (I'm assuming; 3dfx, ATI, et al) the 3d patches, and the ATI one does have an exe named tombub.
mcarr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-15, 06:30   #567
msulak
Hobbyist

Quote:
Unfortunately games computes transformations in integers / fixed point and to make it even worse, it also rounds vertices screen coordinates into integers, so there is no subpixel precision. Even quake and doom in sw mode are subpixel accurate.
I tried to disassemble tombati in hope of getting untransformed vertices but I had little success. I confirmed informations that I wrote here and found funcion at address 0x401bd0 which I believe is called one time each frame and takes original untransformed world model. But I do not yet fully understand data structures of that model. This funcion calls 4 others function. First function calculates light levels of vertices, others three function transforms and renders cubes. That I found by removing function call and watching what happen.

Last edited by msulak; 19-04-15 at 18:22.
msulak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-15, 10:44   #568
Famicom
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msulak View Post
Unfortunately games computes transformations in integers / fixed point and to make it event worse, it also rounds vertices screen coordinates into integers, so there is no subpixel precision. Even quake and doom in sw mode are subpixel accurate.
I tried to disassemble tombati in hope of getting untransformed pixel but I had little success. I confirmed informations that I wrote here and found funcion at address 0x401bd0 which I believe is called one time each frame and takes original untransformed world model. But I do not yet fully understand data structures of that model. This funcion calls 4 others function. First function calculates light levels of vertices, others three function transforms and renders cubes. That I found by removing function call and watching what happen.
Sounds cool. I've always wondered why even 3DFx version had those shaky polygons. I hope you find out more and keep us updated.
Old 19-04-15, 13:20   #569
Sardoc
Archaeologist

Quote:
Unfortunately games computes transformations in integers / fixed point and to make it event worse, it also rounds vertices screen coordinates into integers, so there is no subpixel precision. Even quake and doom in sw mode are subpixel accurate.
I tried to disassemble tombati in hope of getting untransformed pixel but I had little success. I confirmed informations that I wrote here and found funcion at address 0x401bd0 which I believe is called one time each frame and takes original untransformed world model. But I do not yet fully understand data structures of that model. This funcion calls 4 others function. First function calculates light levels of vertices, others three function transforms and renders cubes. That I found by removing function call and watching what happen.
Sounds... hm... complicated. But I approve of whatever you're doing.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-15, 11:09   #570
Famicom
Historian

Quote:
Unfortunately games computes transformations in integers / fixed point and to make it even worse, it also rounds vertices screen coordinates into integers, so there is no subpixel precision. Even quake and doom in sw mode are subpixel accurate.
I tried to disassemble tombati in hope of getting untransformed vertices but I had little success. I confirmed informations that I wrote here and found funcion at address 0x401bd0 which I believe is called one time each frame and takes original untransformed world model. But I do not yet fully understand data structures of that model. This funcion calls 4 others function. First function calculates light levels of vertices, others three function transforms and renders cubes. That I found by removing function call and watching what happen.
I don't know why, but something tells me this could be helpful/inspiring... Or maybe not

Last edited by Famicom; 21-04-15 at 12:54.
Famicom is offline   Reply With Quote