www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 03-06-11, 14:54   #21
HollabackBoy
Archaeologist

I love the composer's take on the classic theme. I still hope there will be pieces that include the original theme - those beautiful 4 notes that still send shivers down my spine even after 15 years.
HollabackBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 16:15   #22
Monari
Archaeologist

Location: Officially: Czech Republic -> In reality: Lost in my own world of dreams

Dimitrijevic's music was more noteworthy and more interesting I think. I've really wanted to hear the whole thing.
I still hope they will use it somehow. It's a pity if they don't.
Old 03-06-11, 16:16   #23
tainanlctr
Historian

Oh how sad =\
tainanlctr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 16:24   #24
x2crazyidiot
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendLuvr24 View Post
I must be the only one who likes that Crystal paid homage to Core, by including hints of the original main theme in there.

With this Reboot, Crystal Dynamics could've completely tried to bury Core's memory and completely disrespect them by not even acknowledging their contributions to the series. Instead, they pay homage to the well known (and respected) TR1 theme by putting their own spin on it. I thought that was very tasteful and very respectful of Crystal Dynamics.
Meh, they paid homage to the series' main theme in Anniversary and Underworld. They need to revamp everything in order to make this game fresh and successful, even something as small as four little notes (in the trailer's case, two notes) is recognisable by fans and non-fans alike. Fans will feel nostalgia, non-fans will think "Oh god, not this again".
Personally I really think they should go down a sombre and unnerving music score (and I hope they have). Music offers the audience comfort, I hope they've realised this and made the music as sparse/intentionally uncomfortable as possible.
Old 03-06-11, 17:53   #25
silver_wolf
Tomb Raider

Would it kill them to just use the classic theme? It's still one of the most recognizable video game themes, as well as one of the most beautiful in its simplicity. I do like the new one, especially with the hint of Japanese influence, but still...

I just listened to Dimitrijevic's theme, and I really don't like it for a Tomb Raider game. It's too slow and, well, boring. Reminds me of Prince of Persia Warrior Within. Also, the new one gives me chills, so that's good

Last edited by silver_wolf; 03-06-11 at 17:55.
silver_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 18:00   #26
gtkilla
Relic Hunter

Dimitrijevic's was pretty good, but for me this is miles better! It has an inspiring sound to it, and I LOVE that they incorporated the Classic theme in there, even if they changed it a little. The only way it could be better is if they hadn't changed the theme at all.
gtkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 18:08   #27
astreqwerty
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtkilla View Post
Dimitrijevic's was pretty good, but for me this is miles better! It has an inspiring sound to it, and I LOVE that they incorporated the Classic theme in there, even if they changed it a little. The only way it could be better is if they hadn't changed the theme at all.
+1

and i want these 4 notes in...its one of trs trademarks
astreqwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 20:42   #28
H4RR7H
Professor

Still waiting on CD to announce the composer, and whether or not it's the composer just for the trailer or the game as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underhoe View Post
How do we know it's the main theme?
I like it, but the previous one was undoubtedly better. This one is more sorrowful, with a pinch of hope in the end, while the previous one had a really dark, mysterious tone in it. Definitely not the full track, though - I am going to wait for the rest, then I'll judge.
We don't. I'll be changing the video info if it's not
H4RR7H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 20:44   #29
Carbonek_0051
Inactive

Tbh I kind of liked the music in the trailer more, the other one sounded like it was trying too hard to be dark and atmospheric.
Carbonek_0051 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-11, 21:02   #30
larafan25
Sage

I'm still pissed, I liked the first music we heard.