www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 29-12-17, 17:12   #5961
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

The ending will probably set her up to be a villain in the sequel.
James_Rutland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-17, 17:15   #5962
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

No Please. Films closed. Later, the film fails and we have an incomplete movie (hi divergent saga). I want a movie with beginning and end. Like James Bond or Indiana Jones. I do not want a movie designed to continue.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-17, 17:29   #5963
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

Me too, so much. I really hope they don't do a cliffhanger. I really get the feeling that this film may be a single movie and not part of a bigger franchise. I'm sure however, that if WB predicted the movie will not do well after test screenings ect they would reshoot the ending to have more closure.

Last edited by James_Rutland; 29-12-17 at 17:33.
Old 29-12-17, 17:50   #5964
AimlessThunder
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Rutland View Post
Me too, so much. I really hope they don't do a cliffhanger. I really get the feeling that this film may be a single movie and not part of a bigger franchise. I'm sure however, that if WB predicted the movie will not do well after test screenings ect they would reshoot the ending to have more closure.
https://78.media.tumblr.com/2bbfff3b...po3_r1_500.gif
Old 29-12-17, 17:52   #5965
Portugalraider
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
No Please. Films closed. Later, the film fails and we have an incomplete movie (hi divergent saga). I want a movie with beginning and end. Like James Bond or Indiana Jones. I do not want a movie designed to continue.
Leaving stories somehow open doesn't necessarily mean we have a incomplete story. It could just mean that the story is open for being expanded. Like both the stories or TReboot and RotTR: they each are their own complete stories, but you do have some open threads that leave the franchise open for further plot-points. Ana being with Trinity could, with some work on it, be one such open thread and not necessarily a cliffhanger. Like Darth Vader surviving the attack on the Death Star. If leaves him open to return as a villain, yet A New Hope is still a fairly closed story on it's own.
Old 29-12-17, 18:29   #5966
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Leaving stories somehow open doesn't necessarily mean we have a incomplete story. It could just mean that the story is open for being expanded. Like both the stories or TReboot and RotTR: they each are their own complete stories, but you do have some open threads that leave the franchise open for further plot-points. Ana being with Trinity could, with some work on it, be one such open thread and not necessarily a cliffhanger. Like Darth Vader surviving the attack on the Death Star. If leaves him open to return as a villain, yet A New Hope is still a fairly closed story on it's own.
Yes because the games have a 100% chance of continuing the same as Star Wars. But the Tomb Raider movie does not know if it will be a success or a flop and I do not want an open ending. Imagine The Cradle of Life with an open ending...
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-17, 19:12   #5967
Em20
Student

Quote:
Yes because the games have a 100% chance of continuing the same as Star Wars. But the Tomb Raider movie does not know if it will be a success or a flop and I do not want an open ending. Imagine The Cradle of Life with an open ending...
I thought it was Angelina who refused to make a third movie?
Em20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-17, 19:15   #5968
Rai

Quote:
Or, if the first film is a success, it could open up possibilities to a successful movie franchise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em20 View Post
I thought it was Angelina who refused to make a third movie?
Yeah, I believe she did. Or so some sources suggest.
Old 29-12-17, 21:35   #5969
James_Rutland
Tomb Raider

I would have loved another Jolie movie, a final third film around the time of 2007. But sadly, she became "Too good" for Lara Croft, yet continued to star in similar movies like Wanted and Salt.

Last edited by James_Rutland; 29-12-17 at 21:36.
Old 29-12-17, 21:59   #5970
lizardspock110
Professor

I wish cradle of life was more TRish, a better sequel around the time of LAU would have been perfection...
lizardspock110 is offline   Reply With Quote