www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 31-03-13, 07:22   #51
snipe
Hobbyist

The problem with clothing mods at the moment is that you can only edit the existing clothes. So to get shorts you would have to edit the jeans and it comes out kinda lumpy. Glad people are enjoying my hair and eye mods

They killed the link on my eyes, but I went ahead and put up a new one enjoy.

Last edited by snipe; 31-03-13 at 07:30.
snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-13, 09:08   #52
TippingWater
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielCroft View Post
A mod of Lara using shorts would be lovely!!!
Yes, but unfortunately she does not have any meshes for her legs only for her pants.
TippingWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-13, 17:31   #53
GabrielCroft
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TippingWater View Post
Yes, but unfortunately she does not have any meshes for her legs only for her pants.
Yeah, I guessed that too.
But another thing I was wondering is if it would be possible to swap Lara's model in main game with a model of multiplayer, like Steph or Sam?
Old 31-03-13, 18:47   #54
raiderromero
Archaeologist

how do i extract the textures and sounds from the game
Old 31-03-13, 19:19   #55
CrimsonThrall
Hobbyist

Talking Step by Step on how to use texmod in extracting and replacing textures

Open TexMod.

Click the folder icon of the Target Application section and select Browse. You have to navigate to the folder you have installed TombRaider and select the .exe file.

Switch to Logging Mode.

Make sure that the options Show Texture on the upper left corner and Replace Texture (with a green texture) are selected. You will see why in a while.

From the first drop down menu, select the Output format. Make sure that you select a format that your paint program supports. From the second drop down menu, select the Log with button (e.g F12). By pressing this button in the game, the program will grab an image.

In the Output folder section, select the folder that the images will be stored. By default, the program will save the images in the Out folder that will be created automatically in the folder you have installed TexMod. If you want, you can select another folder. Once you are done, hit Run to run TombRaider.

Grabbing the texture:

For now, load the game.
Press the - (minus) or + (plus) button. These buttons cycle the textures that are used for the specific level. The minus button cycles the textures backwards and the plus button forwards.

Each texture appears in the upper left corner of the screen (Show Texture on the upper left corner option) and the corresponding texture in the room turns into green [Replace Texture (with a green texture) option).

Once you find the texture you want to edit (as shown in the image on the right), press the Log with button you selected in the program's options (e.g. F12). Then exit the game.

[Note: TombRaider has many different textures for Lara, Keep that in mind. If, after pressing the - (minus) or + (plus) button, the texture does not show in the corner or turn into green, press the * (asterisk) button before pressing the - or + button.]

Making the editing:

The program saved the texture in the Output folder you selected in the options. Open a paint program (e.g. Adobe Photoshop) and open the file.
Make your editing. For now, just add some red dots and save the file onto itself (overwrite the file).

Building your outfit:

Go to TexMod and switch to Package Build.
In the Definition File section, browse to the Output folder you set up before and select the TexMod.log/TexMod.Def file. (Note: The TexMod.log file was automatically created when you grabbed the texture. You must NEVER edit this file.)Enter your name and some comments (e.g. what outfit the players will have to select in the game)

Hit Build. The Save TexMod Package window will open, where you will have to insert the name of the file. The name can be anything, but it is better if you use the name of the edited outfit (e.g. red dots). Select Save. The Build Status will give you the results. If everything goes well, you will see the Success! 1 Textures added message.

IMPORTANT: The Out folder must not contain irrelevant textures. So, before creating the TPF file, make sure that the Out folder contains only the textures for the specific outfit and nothing else. If you include irrelevant textures, the TPF file will become bigger. The more textures you have in the Out folder,the bigger the TPF file becomes.

Testing your outfit:

Switch to Package Mode.
Hit the folder icon and navigate to your outfit ( red dots). Then hit Run.

Load your game and see your outfit/face/hair change.
That's it!! Go ahead and create your first outfit. It does not have to be the best ever. Just practice. <3
Old 31-03-13, 19:21   #56
Zolee
Professor

I really am want to see some nice mods Unpatient!!!!
Zolee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-03-13, 20:11   #57
Heartache
Professor

so did someone already made a nonwhite legdes mod?
Old 01-04-13, 01:27   #58
Robotdude
Hobbyist

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaleesi View Post
How do I get this .tpf to actually work in game? I am new to this modding system. Where do I place the file? Do I need Texmod?

... No help to get?
I made a video tutorial to help confused people
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXXMraMwZY4

Last edited by Robotdude; 02-04-13 at 00:57.
Robotdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-13, 08:52   #59
snipe
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zolee View Post
I really am want to see some nice mods Unpatient!!!!
Why don't you check mine out. Here are some pics: http://imgur.com/a/B1yPV#0

Link's are on second or third page of thread
snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-13, 12:29   #60
p3n3
Hobbyist

How can I take photos without Lara? Any idea?
p3n3 is offline   Reply With Quote