www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 23-12-17, 23:15   #101
Joey79100
Professor

O.
M.
G.
Seriously. This is so ****ing great. I was expecting this kind of inventory to be made with plugins, it something like five years from now, not that soon.
Old 23-12-17, 23:34   #102
JMN
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
I hope it is not only for your project, you will release it sooner or later.
Yes the plan is to release the source code someday. At the moment pretty much all the settings are hardcoded in the plugin so not really user customizable without digging around in the code.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
So there are ways to control the appearance of inventory screens after all. Is that with scripts or a plugin?
All plugin code. The ability to customize some of the settings through scripting might come later but for now it's all hardcoded.

You might notice the positioning and rotation of the items are not quite as nice as in the classic ring inventories. This is due to how the items are being drawn and everything needs to be calculated manually from what I can find. Rotating an item around its local axis is not possible or easily done it seems. The DrawThreeDeeObject2D() function that I'm using seems to be based on global rotations or something.

Something else I want to try is animating the items as in the classic ring inventories. It seems only the first frame of the first animation of an item is being drawn. If there's a way to change this then that would be great. I wonder how the compass needle works as that could be a clue on how to manually animate meshes during the draw cycle. If only we could have access to the TRNG source code. My mind is fried combing through assembly.

Last edited by JMN; 23-12-17 at 23:35.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-17, 08:24   #103
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Oh. My. God. This is absolutely incredible, fantastic!
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-17, 10:02   #104
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
Something I've been working on for my current project over the past couple of months. Still much to be done, but it's a start.

Oh my...
That is looking great!

As for the items not being able to rotate, well, I think it looks fine without it as well.
But knowing myself, I'd also be looking into ways to make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
I hope it is not only for your project, you will release it sooner or later.
This.

Yes, the best way to release this would be if customization would be possible through some scripting, like CUST_ commands, or perhaps even better, PARAM_ commands.
Since not all builders know about plugin creation or want to get into it because it isn't their cup of tea.

Keep us informed please.
Old 24-12-17, 10:20   #105
TR-Freak
Professor

@JMN:

Classic TR Inventory Items had an animation, which is used when the Object is selected. Maybe you should check if the selected Inventory Item has a certain Animation and play it (if it doesn't have anything, do nothing)

The Classic Inventory played some translation/rotation animation when selecting an item (it goes closer to the camera, while playing said animation)

I'd be more interested in the source of the Inventory tbh
The Classic Inventory is rendered in Perspective, instead of Orthogonal by the way

Last edited by TR-Freak; 24-12-17 at 10:24.
TR-Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-17, 12:19   #106
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Yes the plan is to release the source code someday. At the moment pretty much all the settings are hardcoded in the plugin so not really user customizable without digging around in the code.

All plugin code. The ability to customize some of the settings through scripting might come later but for now it's all hardcoded.
I think the few people who made plugins can handle that, besides people who want a ring inventory know what they're signing up for, so they would mostly be satisfied with the settings as they are.

I don't mean to sound like pressing you to release your work, but people do realize plugins need coding.

Last edited by Dustie; 24-12-17 at 12:20.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-17, 20:00   #107
DJ Full
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-Freak View Post
Early Bass.dll Reverb test.
After 6 years, finally
DJ Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-12-17, 20:08   #108
TR-Freak
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Full View Post
After 6 years, finally
And now we know why
Old 25-12-17, 23:03   #109
JMN
Explorer

Small update. I've implemented some basic item rotation and ring open/close animation. Also playing around with the FOV introduced some very subtle perspective effect. Still haven't found a way to play actual animations during the drawing cycle though.

The next big thing to do is adding more actions like examining, ammo selection and combining/separating items.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-17, 15:30   #110
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Small update. I've implemented some basic item rotation and ring open/close animation. Also playing around with the FOV introduced some very subtle perspective effect. Still haven't found a way to play actual animations during the drawing cycle though.

[youtube/]0MI9ZmHVDaM[/youtube]
This is nearly perfect!!

Quote:
The next big thing to do is adding more actions like examining, ammo selection and combining/separating items.
Keeping my fingers crossed you manage to figure it out!

It would be amazing if you decided to release this as a plugin. Even if it needs code modifications for changes.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote