www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 23-09-18, 20:51   #18931
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

If anything, I think maybe it should have been more spread out and balanced a bit better.

There was still quite a bit of combat later on, not quite as non-stop as in 2013 but it was quite a bit more frequent. However, in the first half of the game it's literally about 3 jaguars and 2-3 medium-sized encounters with groups of men.

I think it just needed a bit more combat earlier on, and maybe very slightly less later (apart from in the prelude to the final boss, where it makes sense) to make it feel a bit more balanced and consistent throughout. While I do personally love that combat has definitely taken a backseat in this game, I don't think we should be sending the casuals to sleep by going literally hours without seeing it.

I do like the amount we got overall though, it just needs to be more spread out evenly. Little but often, basically.

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 23-09-18 at 20:52.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-18, 20:51   #18932
Emix
Relic Hunter

Is it normal for Tombs achievement to show 2/9 progress even though i finished 3 not 2?
Emix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-18, 20:58   #18933
2001LC20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
If anything, I think maybe it should have been more spread out and balanced a bit better.

There was still quite a bit of combat later on, not quite as non-stop as in 2013 but it was quite a bit more frequent. However, in the first half of the game it's literally about 3 jaguars and 2-3 medium-sized encounters with groups of men.

I think it just needed a bit more combat earlier on, and maybe very slightly less later (apart from in the prelude to the final boss, where it makes sense) to make it feel a bit more balanced and consistent throughout. While I do personally love that combat has definitely taken a backseat in this game, I don't think we should be sending the casuals to sleep by going literally hours without seeing it.

I do like the amount we got overall though, it just needs to be more spread out evenly. Little but often, basically.
There is also that they think more about this for the next games.
By the way TR2013 is always combat but i don't like how Shadow and Rise got more combat and even more in the ending! It's just ridicules does every ending have to be more combat heavy? NO.
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-18, 21:06   #18934
Only TR lover
Professor

Dr. Dominguez said Unarutu instead of Unuratu in one of the cut-scenes.. That is just... Sloppy. how come no one @EM didn't notice that?
Old 23-09-18, 21:11   #18935
Samz
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only TR lover View Post
Dr. Dominguez said Unarutu instead of Unuratu in one of the cut-scenes.. That is just... Sloppy. how come no one @EM didn't notice that?
Actually speaking of that, did they keep the mercs saying her name wrong from one of the pre-release stuff?

I remember it because merely saying it sounded like anything that wasn't exactly right got you
crucified.

Last edited by Samz; 23-09-18 at 21:12.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-18, 21:14   #18936
JuditePrince12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Actually speaking of that, did they keep the mercs saying her name wrong from one of the pre-release stuff?

I remember it because merely saying it sounded like anything that wasn't exactly right got you
crucified.
I actually didn't mind Rourke saying her name wrong. He was American and I found it kind of realistic.
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-18, 21:14   #18937
Legends
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Croft View Post
We need to bring back the Lara Croft swings
https://www.reddit.com/r/gifs/commen...reddit-android
Those were the days. I'd like to see people try to do the anti-gravity jump to Laura...
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-18, 21:14   #18938
johnanonymouz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
I actually didn't mind Rourke saying her name wrong. He was American and I found it kind of realistic.
i was about to say this
Old 23-09-18, 21:21   #18939
Daft Raider

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnanonymouz View Post
i was about to say this

I'm American, and I call her Laura, and I get called a troll. Someone in the game does it and it's "rEaLiStIc".

Last edited by Daft Raider; 23-09-18 at 21:22.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-18, 21:23   #18940
Horus-Goddess
Professor

Quote:
Whut? I've been saying "Lara" since I learned of the character in 1998. Someone who doesn't know how to say her name is guilty of not paying enough attention to be honest. Has nothing to do with being American... just that Americans are more used to the name "Laura", as "Lara" is pretty rare here.
Horus-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote