www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-09-19, 18:34   #4811
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider
 
charmedangelin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: United States
Posts: 12,765
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
I know right

Cheers.
I'm sorry you have to read all this uglyness, people on this forums is something else. Like honestly.
__________________
Black Lives Matter #George Floyd
charmedangelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 18:37   #4812
Vaskito
Relic Hunter
 
Vaskito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Portugal
Posts: 9,301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
I'm sorry you have to read all this uglyness, people on this forums is something else. Like honestly.
What's so ugly about being skeptical, may I ask?
__________________
We stand undefined. Can't be drawn with a straight line.
Vaskito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 18:39   #4813
SpyrosMonster
Relic Hunter
 
SpyrosMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
I think you're missing my point.

Datamining doesn't necessarily mean playing it. Datamining is getting the written information from the files, and make something out of the mess that those are. Obviously, in some cases there can be tools that allow some form of play-testing it, but it doubt it in SOTTRs case

For example, in WoW, when there's a new patch being deployed to test realms, its content is datamined before people even have a chance to actually play it - this happens as soon as the content/files of such patches are made public in a server to download. In WoW's case, sometimes they have the patch content in servers, but its encrypted and impossible to download - so, in TR case, if EM wanted to, we would never get leaks, if they did something of the kind
I know how datamining works. I'm not missing your point at all.
I'm trying to make you understand that you simply can't know what he knows and what he doesn't.

The nightmare beta gameplay is the first time he decided to show something from SOTTR. It got spread around when he said not to do it and the rest is history.
We saw the gameplay so we know he had access to unreleased playable content way before it was even announced,
what makes you think he didn't have access to all the DLCs before the nightmare one too?

If people are looking for a reason that he showed that one then let's go back and think which DLC was the most interesting story-wise.
____________

Let's go over this one more time.

Now that we've established that for gh0stblade to know something, DLC8 files have had to be datamined (obviously from a public update).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
Not really? DLC 8 files aren't public yet
Which brings us to the fact that there is stuff to leak but he doesn't because people can't keep their mouths shut (more than once now apparently).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaskito View Post
He's not leaking stuff, because there's no stuff to leak
What I'm trying to say is, let's dial down the assumptions when we don't have facts.

Last edited by SpyrosMonster; 04-09-19 at 18:42.
SpyrosMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 18:56   #4814
Tomb Raidering
Professor
 
Tomb Raidering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: In your eyes
Posts: 3,065
Default

*trying to lighten up the mood on the thread*

Guys, judging from those ‘leaks’ (or anything you would like to call) Lara will instruct the player for controlling her (which I know is a little out-dated and unnecessary after the main game ). Would you like it to return? If so, how you would like it to be. By breaking the fourth wall, like this:







__________________
Must be a way to free another cart.
Tomb Raidering is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 19:09   #4815
VictorXD
Relic Hunter
 
VictorXD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: ♓︎ Venus ♓︎
Posts: 9,162
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
*trying to lighten up the mood on the thread*

Guys, judging from those ‘leaks’ (or anything you would like to call) Lara will instruct the player for controlling her (which I know is a little out-dated and unnecessary after the main game ). Would you like it to return? If so, how you would like it to be. By breaking the fourth wall, like this:
[youtube]wGpuv0ianEg[/outube]
That video is hilarious!

And yeah, that coming back would be terrible I wouldn't want it at all It only works as it is (or will be) in Shadow, an easter egg for the classic games available in the Manor where it's not mandatory.
__________________
Persecution to all non Luds Gate believers may God's wrath fall upon you sinners
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 20:26   #4816
SoraSakai
Professor
 
SoraSakai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 3,424
Default

I don’t even know where to begin. The reason he could access beta content from DLC3 was because it was in a publicly accessible location.

DLC8 isn’t. This isn’t an assumption, this is a fact. It’s not in a location available to anyone other than Eidos Montréal.

He doesn’t work for them, he isn’t a beta tester and he HASNT seen DLC8. I don’t understand how you can interpret any of what I or Vaskito have said as rude or “ugliness.” It’s fair and respectful skepticism from a place of logic and reasoning. I’m not insulting him or people that believe him I’m just pointing out the reasons why it’s impossible that he’s seen something.

I know someone’s going to miss the entire point of what I just said, because even after explaining everything clearly someone still decided his footage of DLC03 was proof.

Okay. All of those DLC’s, if not, the majority, were already completed long ago. Long long ago. Therefore some of them, not all, but some, had their data accessible because of being stored in the background of files already in the disk or in the data of the game.

This 8th DLC isn’t like that, it’s not available in a publicly accessible spot because it wasn’t worked on ahead of time, it’s something brand new being made AFTER everything’s been released. There’s no beta or alpha files for it stored anywhere.

It is not rude to not believe something when I have a reasonably logical idea as to why it’s not possible. Again, you don’t need to suck up to him. He’s not going to privately message you with some intel on the 8th DLC, okay? Because there’s no intel. Because just like the rest of us, he knows NOTHING about it.
__________________
"That's a nice Tomb... would be shame if anyone happened to RAID it."
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 20:28   #4817
Athukraz
Relic Hunter
 
Athukraz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Clown Manor
Posts: 7,129
Default

Y'all really spent a whole day talking about Gh0stBlade...
__________________
Clown Movement 2019
Athukraz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 20:33   #4818
Tomb Raidering
Professor
 
Tomb Raidering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: In your eyes
Posts: 3,065
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
That video is hilarious!

And yeah, that coming back would be terrible I wouldn't want it at all It only works as it is (or will be) in Shadow, an easter egg for the classic games available in the Manor where it's not mandatory.
The DLC must be completed with a set-piece similar to this after a Home Sweet Home-type level:
__________________
Must be a way to free another cart.
Tomb Raidering is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 20:34   #4819
Yuna´s Wish
Tomb Raider
 
Yuna´s Wish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Argentina
Posts: 14,246
Default

I am so looking forward to the 8th DLC (more than ever, really) but I am somehow more interested in Square's Annual Financial Report.

It should be published any time soon. I wonder if it will have a final say on Shadow's performance. And if, in that case, we'll be able to make more sound assumptions on the DLC and the DE affair.
__________________
Renew your soul to make you strong.
Yuna´s Wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-19, 20:42   #4820
SpyrosMonster
Relic Hunter
 
SpyrosMonster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 6,834
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
I don’t even know where to begin. The reason he could access beta content from DLC3 was because it was in a publicly accessible location.

DLC8 isn’t. This isn’t an assumption, this is a fact. It’s not in a location available to anyone other than Eidos Montréal.
Proof? Did you go datamining and found nothing? Let me know, I'm really interested.
Didn't they immediately hint that there's an extra DLC? Wouldn't they be working on it already?
Do I have to keep going or do you get what I'm trying to say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
He doesn’t work for them, he isn’t a beta tester
True. He didn't state otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
and he HASNT seen DLC8.
Did he tell you he didn't? Can you provide anything other than assumptions to back this statement?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
I’m not insulting him or people that believe him I’m just pointing out the reasons why it’s impossible that he’s seen something.
Which are? The only thing you've said on it is this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
It’s not in a location available to anyone other than Eidos Montréal.
which I don't think you can know for sure but I'm all ears for your explanation.

and this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
he HASNT seen DLC8.
These are the reasons that he's lying about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
Okay. All of those DLC’s, if not, the majority, were already completed long ago. Long long ago. Therefore some of them, not all, but some, had their data accessible because of being stored in the background of files already in the disk or in the data of the game.
All of the DLCs had data accessible way before their release. There were updates close to the release of each DLC.
Those updates contained the files of the DLC that was supposed to get released soon plus hidden things for the ones that were upcoming/not yet announced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
This 8th DLC isn’t like that, it’s not available in a publicly accessible spot because it wasn’t worked on ahead of time, it’s something brand new being made AFTER everything’s been released. There’s no beta or alpha files for it stored anywhere.
That is not true simply because of the extra tomb slot we've had since forever.
They wouldn't let that slot on there from the beginning if they hadn't planned on DLC8 at all.
Again you say there's no beta or alpha files like you've looked for yourself. I'm genuinely interested in any solid proof you can provide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoraSakai View Post
It is not rude to not believe something when I have a reasonably logical idea as to why it’s not possible. Again, you don’t need to suck up to him. He’s not going to privately message you with some intel on the 8th DLC, okay? Because there’s no intel. Because just like the rest of us, he knows NOTHING about it.
I'm going to ignore this monologue of your feelings towards gh0stblade which provides a clear insight on why this whole thing keeps going
and I'm just going to bold the sentence that I'd like you to elaborate on, if you can.

Last edited by SpyrosMonster; 04-09-19 at 21:23.
SpyrosMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 14:36.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.