www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 20-02-20, 15:50   #121
JMN
Explorer

I know the focus is on TR5Main at the moment, but another function that would be nice in WadTool is to easily resize an entire movable like you can with WadMerger which resizes all the meshes and animation bounding boxes.
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-20, 08:56   #122
Gancian
Student

Is there a way within WadTool to set a face or a texture as shiny and/or semi-transparent? I don't know how to do that.
Old 09-04-20, 15:50   #123
Krystian
Explorer

Possible Bug Report:

When you import an animation (.anim file) to replace an already existing animation, it seems that the new animation inherits the old animcommands and as a result you have animcommands from both the old an new animations. I don't know is a feature, but personally I see it as a bug, if you have different animation, you get unwanted animcommands that you have to delete manually, and if you're replacing the same animation with e.g. a newer version, you end up pointlessly stacking the same anim commands.
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-20, 22:57   #124
turneraider
Explorer

I asked this in another thread, but since I'm now using WADTool, I thought it'd be helpful to ask here as well.

"While I'm here though if anyone can help me with this it'd be amazing! I want to use the animations, however Lara's body is disfigured when I try to do that. Someone who did it told me on Twitter to indiviually move each mesh back to it's default TR4 position through wadmerger, however I'm at a loss with that as I have no idea how.."

What I'm trying to do is use the TR:AoD anims created by Joey on another Lara model, but her body is disfigured, and I have no idea on how to fix that.. Help would be much appreciated!
turneraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-20, 08:40   #125
Gancian
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by turneraider View Post
I asked this in another thread, but since I'm now using WADTool, I thought it'd be helpful to ask here as well.

"While I'm here though if anyone can help me with this it'd be amazing! I want to use the animations, however Lara's body is disfigured when I try to do that. Someone who did it told me on Twitter to indiviually move each mesh back to it's default TR4 position through wadmerger, however I'm at a loss with that as I have no idea how.."

What I'm trying to do is use the TR:AoD anims created by Joey on another Lara model, but her body is disfigured, and I have no idea on how to fix that.. Help would be much appreciated!
I think at the moment this is not possible with WadTool because the Skeleton Editor doesn't have the feature to manually input the mesh global positions, and you can only move them manually with the gizmo. Well, it's not that you can't... You could try, but the result may not come out as perfect or symmetrical.

I think I'm having some sort of bug with the WadTool. Whenever I import an MQO in the wad, in-game it always looks like flat-shaded instead of goraud-shaded. I didn't think it was even possible in the TR engine. I checked the MQOs with meta and they're all fine, from normals to correctly joined vertices. I don't know what may be causing it.

Old 15-04-20, 17:50   #126
JMN
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gancian View Post
I think I'm having some sort of bug with the WadTool. Whenever I import an MQO in the wad, in-game it always looks like flat-shaded instead of goraud-shaded. I didn't think it was even possible in the TR engine. I checked the MQOs with meta and they're all fine, from normals to correctly joined vertices. I don't know what may be causing it.
Might be related:

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...postcount=2259
JMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-20, 19:37   #127
Gancian
Student

Definitely releated, thanks.
It's a pity, though. I have all my objects UV mapped. I just can't use Strpix.
I hope it gets solved...
Old 17-04-20, 19:24   #128
GiovanniLucca
Historian

Folks, I'm trying to replace Lara's meshes from TR3 using WadTool from 1.29 version. At the moment I'm trying only to replace the torso mesh (POP bone_7) in Lara true appearence, I made a custom mesh in Blender, exported the .obj and .dae objects, but both give me this error and don't import the mesh:

"Error while loading the 3d model. Please check that the file is one of the supported formats and that the meshes are textured."

When I imported the mesh I choose the correct preset on WadTool (Blender obj file / belnder dae file)

The mesh is Uv Unwraped and have an material with a .png texture, and I have assign the same texture in the UV Editor in blender.

I double check the files reimporting the .obj and .dae in blender and everything works fine!

I spent 2 days trying to make it work, and I read almost all this forum looking for a solution, but didn't find anything. This is my first time trying to replace some mesh in TR3.

Can someone point me what I'm doing wrong? or point me a tutorial or another tool to do this? (Also I tried to replace the mesh using TRviewer, but the 3ds file imported from blender doesn't show up... it's empty)
Old 17-04-20, 20:15   #129
TR-Freak
Professor

We discovered that Textures need to be in the same folder as the mesh file.
You may also check that your texture is not bigger than 256x256
Old 17-04-20, 22:35   #130
GiovanniLucca
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR-Freak View Post
We discovered that Textures need to be in the same folder as the mesh file.
You may also check that your texture is not bigger than 256x256
Thank you for this information!
I'll try this ASAP

Last edited by GiovanniLucca; 18-04-20 at 00:03.
GiovanniLucca is offline   Reply With Quote