www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 07-04-20, 21:48   #24471
New Dwight
Professor

Yeah that ff7 remake needs a day one patch badly. It's an eye soar and worse knowing it followed in footsteps of SoTTR.
Old 07-04-20, 23:29   #24472
Lord Lulu
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Dwight View Post
Yeah that ff7 remake needs a day one patch badly. It's an eye soar and worse knowing it followed in footsteps of SoTTR.
That doesn't sound good. Is it buggy? Or did they lie about how it will look?
Old 08-04-20, 00:27   #24473
New Dwight
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lulu View Post
That doesn't sound good. Is it buggy? Or did they lie about how it will look?
NPCs look and behave kinda, meh, and the more I obverse some of detail of plants, foliage rocks and the like next to SoTTR, I can see a similar quality in the two—kinda degradded from other titles. I'd thought they'd look more organic CG like maybe RoTTR/RE2/RE3.
Also that DoF is horrendous and overdone like FFXII, but worse in cutscenes. Is why I prefer PC so that can be turned the hell off.

In other news,

I've only played FFX for a little bit, and quit coz, just like FF8, I lost interest real quick., Thing is I haven't been able to get into more FFs besides my usual go to's (FFIV/IX/XII/VI) I only recently last year got into FFVI, and clearly the game had something really strong enough to draw my attention to it and make my list of favorite FFs.

Sadly FFX couldn't make it.
Lulu, however still is Queen.
Loved her personality, aura, persona and battle quotes.
Also the soundtrack is really good.
Old 08-04-20, 22:03   #24474
Lord Lulu
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenapple968 View Post
Seymour had many opportunities to kill Yuna but he chose to keep her alive because he was using her as a way of trying to become the final aeon, which would then lead to him becoming Sin and causing destruction to Spira. I don't think he would have caused harm to Yuna; his sole seemed to be fixated on becoming the next sin.

I also like Auron. He was a very knowledgeable and experienced individual who guided Tidus well, as well as primarily being a guardian to Yuna.
Seymour was just messed up in the head. I think he knew that Yuna had the best chance to beat Sin. That would be exactly what he would want.

I just thought of this and it will seem strange. After coming to Spira Auron and Lulu were the ones to guide Tidus. Lulu brought him up to speed and gave him some wisdom. Auron Made sure he was ready to face
Jecht. More emotional than physical readiness. The others really didn't do much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Dwight View Post
NPCs look and behave kinda, meh, and the more I obverse some of detail of plants, foliage rocks and the like next to SoTTR, I can see a similar quality in the two—kinda degradded from other titles. I'd thought they'd look more organic CG like maybe RoTTR/RE2/RE3.
Also that DoF is horrendous and overdone like FFXII, but worse in cutscenes. Is why I prefer PC so that can be turned the hell off.

In other news,

I've only played FFX for a little bit, and quit coz, just like FF8, I lost interest real quick., Thing is I haven't been able to get into more FFs besides my usual go to's (FFIV/IX/XII/VI) I only recently last year got into FFVI, and clearly the game had something really strong enough to draw my attention to it and make my list of favorite FFs.

Sadly FFX couldn't make it.
Lulu, however still is Queen.
Loved her personality, aura, persona and battle quotes.
Also the soundtrack is really good.
Oh that seems like a bunch of oversights to me. They should not have announced it when they did. They put a time limit on themselves by doing so. I'm just going to wait until the other parts are done before I play it.

Understandable, as it takes until Besaid to get really moving. I know of some who compare it to FF 13 being linear. But FF 10 does a better world building without the codex reading.

Lulu has the brains, the beauty and bolts of lightning.
I had wanted to do Lulu only run but I always feel compelled to level everyone.
I think it is one of the best soundtracks in the franchise.
Old 09-04-20, 07:22   #24475
XXIIXX
Inactive

So, how many of you guys have been lucky enough to get the game early?

I'm hoping I get it tomorrow but I'm honestly not sure. It will definitely (probablyhopefuluy) be here by Monday but I really hope I get it tomorrow!
XXIIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-20, 12:14   #24476
Greenapple968
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Lulu View Post
Seymour was just messed up in the head. I think he knew that Yuna had the best chance to beat Sin. That would be exactly what he would want.

I just thought of this and it will seem strange. After coming to Spira Auron and Lulu were the ones to guide Tidus. Lulu brought him up to speed and gave him some wisdom. Auron Made sure he was ready to face
Jecht. More emotional than physical readiness. The others really didn't do much.
Seymour certainly had some controversial views; he wanted to destroy the whole of spira because he thought it would be worthwhile as it would end people's suffering. He seemed to overlook the fact that most people wanted to remain alive as they were satisfied with their lives.

Lulu and Auron certainly provided Tidus with knowledge and guidance, and Auron went a long way in readying Tidus to face Jecht. Wakka also helped by taking Tidus to Besaid and convincing him to go to Luca with the gang. Yuna believed Tidus about Zanarkand and Jecht, because of that she wanted Tidus to stick with her and the gang, meaning that Tidus wouldn't be alone in Spira. Then when Auron joined the crew, he insisted that Tidus travelled with them. I think Tidus was relieved to become part of the gang; otherwise he'd have been alone in Spira. Auron had the advantage of knowing that Tidus was from Dream Zanarkand; Yuna believed Tidus but probably couldn't know for certain, whereas the others initially thought that Tidus was insane. I almost forgot: Rikku also looked after Tidus in Baaj Temple after he arrived in Spira for the first time.
Old 10-04-20, 05:36   #24477
XXIIXX
Inactive

My copy of the remake should be here by 2:18pm local time. I am SO excited, can't believe we are finally living this moment!
XXIIXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 06:43   #24478
Tsarina
Student

Lots of fun so far, but as others have pointed out it needs a patch bad. Lots of texture issues I've noticed which stands out from the otherwise gorgeous set pieces and main character models. I just met Tifa. Hoping to wake up to a day one patch. Fingers crossed.
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 09:57   #24479
SnatchingEdges
Explorer

I haven't found any significant problem, except for the doors and some parts of the ground.

The pillar looks so intimidating and good from the slums.

Also, I must say I'm impressed with facial and body expression. Since 13-2 they were mostly stiff apart from important cutscenes.

Last edited by SnatchingEdges; 10-04-20 at 09:58.
SnatchingEdges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-20, 15:58   #24480
Tsarina
Student

The main character models are great, especially Cloud. He never looks dull or drab when it comes to his textures. No patch yet unfortunately. I'm loving everything else about the game thus far, I just hope they release a patch soon. It stands out too much for me (total graphics whore here). Especially when everything else looks so gorgeous like magic, and the main models.
Tsarina is offline   Reply With Quote